so game informer came today and gave it a 7.. DMC got a 9

#41Virtue777Posted 1/17/2013 8:15:26 PM
methedemon posted...
hey guyz

how about you all like shut the hell up

cheers

Hey. You.

Stop complaining about people complaining.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#42FAT____MANPosted 1/17/2013 8:18:48 PM
Okay okay okay. May i? Without being berated left and right for my opinion? I want to analyze this review, this one paragraph, it's throwing me off completely.

Would no one mind if i thoughts on this particular part without being universally hated?
#43Keybored123(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 8:21:14 PM
the point wasnt even about DMC

it was written by some woman who sounded like she never played a hard game or JRPG in her life

it was obvious she had no business reviewing the game
#44URAlsrPosted 1/17/2013 8:25:29 PM
OmegaDL50 posted...
MAUIBOI_808 posted...
too frustrating for a 'kiddy' game??

Since when how a game "looks" was a indicator of how it "plays" in regards to difficulty.

Yes, Pokemon can based on it's looks to be for children too, but there isn't many "children" I know that are even capable of beating one of those games let alone the Elite 4.

So much for appearances.

this is a joke right? my sister is 11 and has been playing pokemon since she was 7 or 8 and has beaten all of the ds ones.
#45FAT____MANPosted 1/17/2013 8:26:42 PM
Keybored123 posted...
the point wasnt even about DMC

it was written by some woman who sounded like she never played a hard game or JRPG in her life

it was obvious she had no business reviewing the game

Yes yes yes!!!! She complained about the most basic basis of classic RPG's!

"First off, every area contains an absurd amount of random encounters, and while enemies are visible on the field they charge you instantly once spotting you"

This is great. Sounds the Tales of series style of "random" battles. And of course they charge you, you're supposed to battle them and gain XP so they no longer become a problem to you, along with brushing up on your battle tactics! It's RPG 101.
#46FAT____MANPosted 1/17/2013 8:36:11 PM
She even complains about limited save point in dungeons, (making a note of saving anywhere on the world map, as per classic RPG style). Even listing off the faults you get for dying within a dungeon, noting the spend 10% of your money to keep your earned XP even after you had died. I haven't heard of that in an rpg and i welcome the leniency, it sounded as though she didn't appreciate it though.

"Death is a possibility in every battle", I would hope it is so i won't get bored and know to stay on my toes the whole time, it sounds as though she didn't actually practice her battle prowess and tried blowing through it just to experience the story. The next paragraph describes the battle system. I'm certain she just couldn't wrap her head around the battle system, even throwing that foolish line around later with "cursing a cheap boss battle".

I never fought a "cheap" boss in a video game, i just don't know how to deal with the problem before me, along with not being prepared for it.
#47zombie_basher13Posted 1/17/2013 8:42:44 PM
FAT____MAN posted...
She even complains about limited save point in dungeons, (making a note of saving anywhere on the world map, as per classic RPG style). Even listing off the faults you get for dying within a dungeon, noting the spend 10% of your money to keep your earned XP even after you had died. I haven't heard of that in an rpg and i welcome the leniency, it sounded as though she didn't appreciate it though.

"Death is a possibility in every battle", I would hope it is so i won't get bored and know to stay on my toes the whole time, it sounds as though she didn't actually practice her battle prowess and tried blowing through it just to experience the story. The next paragraph describes the battle system. I'm certain she just couldn't wrap her head around the battle system, even throwing that foolish line around later with "cursing a cheap boss battle".

I never fought a "cheap" boss in a video game, i just don't know how to deal with the problem before me, along with not being prepared for it.

I bet she ragequit not even 10 hours into the game.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#483D3Posted 1/17/2013 8:47:20 PM
Regardless, GI has one of the worst reviews ever, they hand out 9's and 10's left and right.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#49Llewelyn7Posted 1/17/2013 9:21:53 PM
That magazine's opinion / reviews have been bought, don't pay attention to them
---
I love the Power Glove. It's so bad. - Lucas
#50BIGFELLAH26Posted 1/17/2013 9:35:59 PM
Who cares if DmC got a 9 and this only got a 7. Everyone knows that Capcom/ Ninja Theory are paying reviewers off so that DmC can get higher scores. We all know that this is the superior game and the stinking pile of **** that is DmC can't even get a high score on it's own merrits.
---
"Cause they are going back to give it a 3 so you guys can french-kiss each other in victory all night" CrimsonGear80.