so game informer came today and gave it a 7.. DMC got a 9

#51the_requiemPosted 1/17/2013 10:08:43 PM
I'd pick this game even if had ZERO gameplay just for Studio Ghibli's visuals and music work on this one.
---
[PSN:wreck_em]
Borderlands 2: Maya-10, Zero-50, Axton-25, Sal-50
#52Parad0x_Zer0Posted 1/17/2013 10:14:23 PM
zeik56 posted...
All this DMC melodrama is ridiculously stupid. Don't bring it to this board.

---
"People will think of Frankenstein and they will say 'I can't believe it's not butter.' "
#53hhjghbhghnmhPosted 1/17/2013 10:29:16 PM
OmegaDL50 posted...
MAUIBOI_808 posted...
too frustrating for a 'kiddy' game??

Since when how a game "looks" was a indicator of how it "plays" in regards to difficulty.

Yes, Pokemon can based on it's looks to be for children too, but there isn't many "children" I know that are even capable of beating one of those games let alone the Elite 4.

So much for appearances.

Umm, I'm pretty sure there's tons of kids who'be beaten Pokemon games. I beat a bunch of them at around age 8 and my brother beat Red when he was 6 or 7.

Now Super Monkey Ball 2, THAT'S a really kiddie game that still manages to be insanely difficult (at least for me). World 10 was brutal enough with unlimited lives, but that challenge mode...
---
Barrel!
#54renzsweetPosted 1/17/2013 10:58:01 PM
I was done with Game Informer when they started labeling every game as action. Should God of War really be called the same thing as Halo? What happened to the fps genre? It may be my least favorite type of game, but it is not the same kind of game as Infamous. Canceled that month and have not missed it. Had no idea that would be one of my buttons, but it is.
---
I praise the name of Jesus.
#55shoe7essPosted 1/17/2013 11:29:12 PM(edited)
Thought it was common knowledge that GI sells their reviews to the top bidder? Why give Ni No a good review when they've been paid so much to publicize other games like DMCs success? That would just detract sales from their client(s)...
---
You might as well paint yourself yellow, run around like a maniac, and call yourself Banana Man.
PSN/GT: shoe7ess
#56AceviperPosted 1/17/2013 11:34:15 PM
Capitan_Kid posted...
It's pretty pathetic to cancel a subscription over someone's opinion. You also put an unusual emphasis on the reviewer being a woman.

Don't see how its pathetic to cancel a subscription over someone's opinion

If the writers that work for the magazine does not match your tastes

why would you even want to be subscribed to them?
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#57GarudinPosted 1/17/2013 11:37:56 PM
shoe7ess posted...
Thought it was common knowledge that GI sells their reviews to the top bidder

It's not common knowledge it's common speculation and the same could be said about pretty much all the big name reviewers

I believe the only creditable biased was when a reviewer at Gamespot got fired over his Kane&Lynch review and this was primarily because some people chose to be idiots that day

Really the main reason to avoid all of them and stick to only video reviews/gameplay is because they have all shown that they will let their people review a game with clear bias and or do no peer review before putting it out
---
Crowd: Free Tibet, Free Tibet
Peter: I'll take it, hey China I have something you want but it'll cost ya...That's right all the tea
#58PrismsbladePosted 1/17/2013 11:40:26 PM
Are people to butt hurt to admit DmC is actually a good game? And that their opinion other wise wont change this fact. The reviewer thought Ni no Kuni deserved a 7. Not many of us has played the game yet so we cant really argue otherwise......
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#59XSilverPhoenixXPosted 1/17/2013 11:55:23 PM
OmegaDL50 posted...
Why can't it be Jan 22nd yet?

Ah well...next week, Next week people!

Awww, you care about my Ni no birthday. Thank you!
#60Gandalf the IstariPosted 1/18/2013 12:12:57 AM
Why are games the only thing people think reviewers are paid off for? It's a really bizarre theory.

That being said, I don't really agree with most of her review - but it's probably more important to look at metacritic/multiple reviews/average. She's obviously against the critical consensus.