so game informer came today and gave it a 7.. DMC got a 9

#61renskyfirePosted 1/17/2013 11:13:26 PM
Oh looked, another topic with someone whining about DmC getting a good score. But but, I liked white haired Dante, "<insert random emo insult><insert random insult towards "kids" these days>< insert complaint how people with different tastes in games than me are wrong><insert claim of reviews being bought citing "its common knowledge">.

It could have been the reviewer just liked the game(DmC). It could be that they didn't pick the best person for this game. It could be both. In the end though people have some seriously weird issue over DmC getting good scores, acting like it ran over their dog or something.
---
You know you have been playing games too long when you shout out the window to turn off the lights during the day.=)
#62GTANJ24Posted 1/17/2013 11:20:17 PM
PirateMoe posted...
FAT____MAN posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
It's pretty pathetic to cancel a subscription over someone's opinion. You also put an unusual emphasis on the reviewer being a woman.

Listen "Kid", DMC is a steaming pile whilst it's creator spouts it off as "art" also creating what i think is the most absurd video game journalism scandal/ event to ever plague the industry.

While this game, releasing a few weeks later, is just. Majestic and vividly magical to every sense i can use with it.

It's disgusting. It truly is.

Can I borrow some of your melodrama?

Melodrama comes with the territory (JRPGs).
---
I wwebsite as on the internet
#63OhHeyltsYouPosted 1/17/2013 11:20:58 PM
You guys aren't serious, right? You actually care what Game Inforner has to say?

Game Informer has been complete horse **** for the past 4 years at least. They still got some old GI Staff that are tolerable and make certain parts of the magazine worth reading. But the new people though? They make the magazine straight dookie.
---
PSN: NaturaIBorn
#64Zio_DynePosted 1/17/2013 11:35:04 PM
Oh look, another topic with someone who doesn't have a clue why fans were outraged over DmC. "<insert remark about white hair><insert misguided condescension><insert more inserts>".

All the same; reviews are an unreliable source of information and review scores are wholly irrelevant.
One opinion of no more merit than anyone posting on here.
They're not in your head; they can't tell you what you'll like; they have their own views.
If some random reviewer wants to arbitrarily score DmC higher than this game, then that's their call.
Subscribing in the first place seems questionable, but cancelling that subscription because you happen to not see eye to eye with them on something is just as silly.
#65shoe7essPosted 1/17/2013 11:41:34 PM
Not sure if the "butthurt that DmC got a decent review" was directed towards my comment at all, but if it was I'm sorry you conveyed that message from me. I only used DmC as an example of the most recent heavily covered game that happened to be released around the same time as Ni No Kuni. My point isn't whether or not DmC or Ni No Kuni deserved the reviews they received, it's that Game Informer is a joke of a magazine and anyone who takes their reviews seriously isn't worth spending much time over.

If you don't believe that Game Informer selling their reviews is common knowledge, then you need to lurk more. Also, I'm not stating that Game Informer is the only magazine/editorial that uses these practices either, but those other magazines/editorials aren't the center of TC's post, GI is.

I'm not going to go into detail trying to convince anyone that I'm correct, because if you are capable of being open-minded and informed, then you can look up these allegations, as well as the shady business practices of the company that owns this magazine, on your own time.

This isn't fanboyism, this isn't a "zomg so unfair that this game got worse review then DmC cuz DmC is stoopid n ni no is good #yolo420blaze", it's just plain exposition about Game Informer, and more specifically the ethics of their reviewers.
---
You might as well paint yourself yellow, run around like a maniac, and call yourself Banana Man.
PSN/GT: shoe7ess
#66BIGFELLAH26Posted 1/18/2013 3:14:19 AM
Prismsblade posted...
Are people to butt hurt to admit DmC is actually a good game? And that their opinion other wise wont change this fact. The reviewer thought Ni no Kuni deserved a 7. Not many of us has played the game yet so we cant really argue otherwise......

Or are you just butthurt that reviewers are getting paid off to give DmC high reviews. DmC is not a good game and that's a fact.
---
"Cause they are going back to give it a 3 so you guys can french-kiss each other in victory all night" CrimsonGear80.
#67Scarlet ArkardPosted 1/18/2013 4:30:17 AM
Wait a minute. They have a woman reviewing games? I'm canceling my sub today!
---
"...don't ever let someone with no life ruin yours, that's why I never go to message boards." Colin Cowherd
#68DragonivonPosted 1/18/2013 5:17:02 AM
Game reviews are individual impressions by individual gamers. I find magazine reviews less telling to me than say some reviewers on youtube (AngryJoe for instance) but no reviewer can tell you how YOU will like your game. Some of my favorite games are ones that got only middling reviews (Rune Factory Frontier, Soul Nomad, Yakuza series, Steambot Chronicles, Rogue Galaxy, etc) but fit my particular niche game loves pretty well.

It's pretty clear to me that no matter what reviews others may give Ni no Kuni, it's exactly the sort of game I'll play more than once. Gleefully. And really, my own review of the games I play is the only reviewer that matters to me.
---
"It is much easier to be critical than correct." ~Benjamin Disraeli
GT: Dragonivon /PSN: Dragonivon
#69renskyfirePosted 1/18/2013 7:07:54 AM
BIGFELLAH26 posted...
Prismsblade posted...
Are people to butt hurt to admit DmC is actually a good game? And that their opinion other wise wont change this fact. The reviewer thought Ni no Kuni deserved a 7. Not many of us has played the game yet so we cant really argue otherwise......

Or are you just butthurt that reviewers are getting paid off to give DmC high reviews. DmC is not a good game and that's a fact.

Actually that's an opinion. The game runs fine, its mechanics work fine, there aren't any game breaking glitches that I'm aware of. That pretty much leaving aesthetics and story remaining, which is opinion based on whether it is bad or not.

As for myself, I don't care about reviews at all that games receive because if I'm going to get a game, I will buy it despite what reviews say. Its the reviewers opinion on the game and those could be vastly different from my own. Are some paid off? Maybe but I haven't seen any proof, just that people say they are with the evidence being if you don't see it you aren't paying attention. That doesn't cut it for me because its just saying "they're being paid off, don't believe me, well too bad you're wrong!" That might not be the various poster's intent, just how it sounds to me.

Regardless, as I said earlier, reviews have no barring on which games I get, I just read/listen to them out of interest of what others think. For people that really didn't like DmC, that's fine, its just some of it seems to be ranting about the good review score isn't very interest.
---
You know you have been playing games too long when you shout out the window to turn off the lights during the day.=)
#70PrismsbladePosted 1/18/2013 8:08:50 AM
BIGFELLAH26 posted...
Prismsblade posted...

No it is, and their isnt a single flaw of the game you can bring up to state otherwise even if you compared it directly to DMC1, or 3. Dont confuse your opinion for fact.
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.