So, where did everyone else hear about Ni No Kuni?

#1xdividebyzeroxPosted 1/18/2013 1:40:40 PM
Just curious. From a friend, stumbled upon it, watched a YouTube video of it; when did you first hear about Ni No Kuni.

This had actually flown under my radar in 2011, and I wouldn't have caught it were it not for EpicNameBro. He does the lore stuff for the Souls series on YouTube and he did a quick run through of the beginning of the game (couldn't do the rest due to copyright) but he recommended that everyone give it a try.

Needless to say, I thought it was worth following.
---
Currently playing: Tales of Xillia 2 (import)
Waiting On: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Jan. 22)
#2zeik56Posted 1/18/2013 1:42:35 PM(edited)
I heard about the DS game a long time ago. I don't know when or where, some game news site I assume. From there I kept my eye on it until they eventually announced the PS3 version.
---
~Mirror, mirror, on my floor, am I the prettiest at the store?
#3flashfactor7Posted 1/18/2013 1:43:44 PM
Yea always kept an eye out for the DS version, missed the DS release.

Then heard of the PS3 version and then heard of the localization.

All through gaming websites or youtube.
---
PSN & twitch.tv - flashfactor7
Playing & Streaming: Tales of Graces f!
#4codemeisterx70Posted 1/18/2013 1:43:47 PM
GameFAQs. people complaining on FFXIII-2 board about that being a bad game and not being able to wait till Ni no Kuni was localized.
---
Tell it to the cleaning lady on monday. - Todd ingram
Persona 4 - "Rated M for Mara."
#5D_WindsPosted 1/18/2013 1:44:36 PM
Top on Most Wanted FAQs for PS3.
---
Do not argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
#6EtroAnimePosted 1/18/2013 1:45:40 PM
Didn't know about it until I saw the Japanese trailer back in 2010 I think. Wow, now that I have been thinking about it I have been waiting for this game for a while now lol.
---
Waiting for: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
PSN ID: Rammel29
#7ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/18/2013 1:49:48 PM
Read about it in 2008 back when it was called Ni no Kuni: The Another World and SPAZZED when it was revealed to be for the PS3 too in 2010.
#8Ctaylor7108Posted 1/18/2013 1:57:55 PM
The animation in the IGN review frame caught my eye. Before I could finish watching the review, I was on Amazon preordering for release day delivery. I am pretty excited to give this a go! I especially love the art direction and the fresh gameplay aspects.

I hope that this is as gripping as JRPGs such as Xenoblade Chronicles and DQ8. No matter what, I will be holding on to this baby!
#9Pereb27Posted 1/18/2013 1:59:27 PM
GameFAQs, after seeing plenty of people saying how it's the best JRPG for PS3 on the boards for a while, I grew interest in it.
#10Kane_DynastPosted 1/18/2013 2:02:15 PM
Heard about the DS version (probably on gamefaqs)
Tried to keep up with it.
Eventually found out about the PS3 version.
Loosely followed it until I found out it was being localized then I kept my eye on it.