What will make Ni No Kuni be a better game? A brief review..

#1squalleddPosted 1/19/2013 11:36:00 PM
You heard and read all the good about this game. So i just want to make a brief review.

The Good:
A nostalgic feeling come through your bone, and stay inside your body when you playing Ni No Kuni.
The artwork, the soundtrack, the gameplay, the puzzle, and the world map.. All of that make you feel like you are playing modified old JRPG.
Everything is just right.

The one that should be Good:
There are two things that i think it can be improved. Which are the AI of the human character that we are not controlled.
They should be smarter. And the AI option is limited. I wish to have more option but not as complex as FF XII.
Because of that, the player really has to watch the other character really well not consuming a lot of MP which are very precious or dying.
Also, it should be better if there is online feature like Familiar Battle across the globe. We can level up the Familiar and do the battle and tournament. It will make the longevity of this game longer and more fun.
That's the only complaint of this game.

Conclusion:
My score is 10/10. It doesn't mean it is perfect game. Nothing in this world is perfect. I guarantee you.
Despite of no online feature and smarter AI, as a whole, Ni No Kuni is come with the right ingredients to really satisfy my JRPG hunger.
#2VanilleHopenPosted 1/19/2013 11:39:23 PM
not ripping off star ocean's battle system would of been kind of nice, but I digress..
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#3pokemon_45_79_1Posted 1/19/2013 11:40:29 PM
It seems the AI in the demo didn't need to be babysat but it might be different later in the game.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#4xdividebyzeroxPosted 1/19/2013 11:42:30 PM
I noticed some options from the full game were not available in the demo, such as to make your team go all out or defend.
---
Currently playing: Tales of Xillia 2 (import)
Waiting On: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Jan. 22)
#5VanilleHopenPosted 1/19/2013 11:43:36 PM
xdividebyzerox posted...
I noticed some options from the full game were not available in the demo, such as to make your team go all out or defend.

you know what other game you could tell your team to go all out or play it safe in? oh ya STAR OCEAN.
---
#6pokemon_45_79_1Posted 1/19/2013 11:48:15 PM(edited)
Tc pretty good brief review but all the should be good is all nitpicking complaints nothing wrong with what you put.

You're top good ones are what make this game worth it, its doing excatly what it was designed to do.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#7squalledd(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 11:47:46 PM
I forgot to mention: that review based on Japanese version.
I finished it and that what i feel of what should be better.

Yes there is all out defense and all out attack.

When you played the game till you got the third character and all that complex, then you will know what i mean mentioned of my review.. :)
#8theofficefan99Posted 1/20/2013 12:05:27 AM
VanilleHopen posted...
not ripping off star ocean's battle system would of been kind of nice, but I digress..

Have you even played this game? The battle system isn't anything like Star Ocean's... at all...
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#9xdividebyzeroxPosted 1/20/2013 12:08:02 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
VanilleHopen posted...

Have you even played this game? The battle system isn't anything like Star Ocean's... at all...

Please don't bother. His trolling attempts on this board has become quite pathetic in a short amount of time.

At least the other ones are funny.
---
Currently playing: Tales of Xillia 2 (import)
Waiting On: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Jan. 22)
#10VanilleHopenPosted 1/20/2013 12:12:18 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
VanilleHopen posted...

That is false.. an action style battle system on a seperate field , with tactics and sub menus to cast magics.. ..it's almost excactly like star ocean.
---