Horace's Riddle in Al Mamoon

#11AmplifyPosted 1/24/2013 12:42:03 PM
Wow I'm so irritated by this riddle. The phrasing "third smallest" generally refers to from largest to smallest, so the answer would be the lion. Why make a riddle that uses unclear language ><

It's a bit of a trick question but "third smallest" only means "second biggest." It doesn't matter if you go form largest to smallest or smallest to largest.
#12badboyPosted 1/24/2013 12:42:39 PM
pixel378 posted...
Where is Horace is al mamoon? I can't find him. Can I only see him later when (if) I get into the palace? Because hes nowehere in the city theres no nooks and crannies like in ding dong dell.

The ghost guy, you need to use the skill to talk with him.
#13AmplifyPosted 1/24/2013 12:46:40 PM
Where is Horace is al mamoon? I can't find him. Can I only see him later when (if) I get into the palace? Because hes nowehere in the city theres no nooks and crannies like in ding dong dell.

He isn't there at first, just keepplaying and it'll be obvious where he is.
#14PhadinPosted 1/24/2013 12:58:36 PM(edited)
jackstar_rock posted...
altairian posted...
Wow I'm so irritated by this riddle. The phrasing "third smallest" generally refers to from largest to smallest, so the answer would be the lion. Why make a riddle that uses unclear language ><

___

Counting from the largest when your looking for third smallest is where your logic failed you. Think on it this way.

The smallest is the Prince.
The second smallest is the lion.
Then the third smallest is the Dragon of the West.
#15PojoTheChickenPosted 1/24/2013 12:56:53 PM
It's not even counting from largest, just say out loud third smallest and you should be able to tell that it's a bit of a trick. Lion being the third smallest doesn't make any sense because he's the second smallest.
#16EgHeadFoolPosted 1/24/2013 12:58:17 PM
altairian posted...

Is English your native language? You're thinking of "third largest." "Third smallest" is the opposite.
#17MuflagginPosted 1/24/2013 1:03:07 PM
The typing in the answer thing is a pain in the ass.

Regardless you don't have to read the dumb stories. You can just keep guessing.
---
"In the real world. You see that's where most people live and that's where Lara Croft is more well-known than Mario." - LuminescentRule
#18dan7799Posted 1/26/2013 10:35:48 AM
pixel378 posted...

do you have the spirit medium spell that's what you need to use to find horce who has a ghost icon when you go up to him that's your q to use the spirit medium spell.
#19pillerofautumnPosted 1/26/2013 10:53:19 AM
It's a bit of a trick question but "third smallest" only means "second biggest." It doesn't matter if you go form largest to smallest or smallest to largest.

It does matter, that was the trick. If you go from largest to smallest, The Lion King is third, so you would think he's the third smallest. But it's asking for smallest to largest, so The Lion King would be second, The Dragon of the West is third.
#20VanilleFangPosted 1/26/2013 11:09:07 AM
altairian posted...

Are you serious...? No it wouldn't. That would be "third largest". When it asks "what is the third smallest" it is asking which of them is THIRD from the SMALLEST. Obviously. Let me ask you. What would you say if they asked what the smallest was? Or the second smallest? How would asking which is the third in size when referring to how small they are make you start form the LARGEST? That makes no sense. Are you like... not english or something? I don't undrstand your logic. This is how it is, okay?

EAST DRAGON is FIRST largest and FOURTH smallest. WEST DRAGON is SECOND largest and THIRD smallest. LION is THIRD largest and SECOND smallest. PRINCE is FOURTH largest and FIRST smallest. This is rather obvious. You try to berate a sentence that makes 100% sense. WTF?
---
PSN IDs: VanilleFang , VanilleFang2 , VanilleFang3 - There's three of us! :O VanilleFang = Main.