I don't see the appeal..

#11Legend3000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 9:29:13 PM
suzukimatsui posted...
Hahaha another one of these this game/character is too childish topics...... If you have an issue just post in the older topics rather than create another useless topic that isn't constructive at all.

So if Barbie pony island adventure came out and was hailed by everyone as an amazing must have game, would you play it and be okay with the fact that the main character is a girls childhood idol? EVEN IF the game was overall really good? If y'all are okay playing as a small child for a massive game more power to ya, but I can't bring myself to do that.
---
"Legend3000, trolling the trolls since September 30, 2012"
#12zeik56Posted 1/20/2013 9:30:16 PM
You live in a very narrow-minded world then. I have no interest in Call of Duty, but I can certainly understand why there is an appeal for it.

The game isn't "childish". "Childish" would be a game full of fart jokes or even a game that treats you like an idiot that needs their hand held the whole time. This is simply a game with a child main character and a whimsical world.

I'm 25 and I have no problems playing a game like this. I still enjoy Pokemon and Disney/Pixar movies on occasion as well. I'm far past the age where I have to pretend to like "mature" games to look like I'm mature to other people. (Not that I was ever really like that.)
---
~Mirror, mirror, on my floor, am I the prettiest at the store?
#13Virtue777Posted 1/20/2013 9:30:17 PM
It's possible to not see the appeal in something, yet still enjoy it.

For example, I have no idea why so many grown men like My Little Pony. But man, there are some high quality plushies. I enjoy plushies. I don't see the appeal of MLP. But I enjoy plushies enough to have a mountain of My Little Pony plushies.

My point is, you may not see the appeal of NNK but the guidebook may be worth owning for you, because the art work is good.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#14Zetta-Honey-BoyPosted 1/20/2013 9:30:31 PM
also, i 28 almost 29...

i dont give a damn who i play as so long as the whole game is a cohesive and well made product.

if only played games where i can only play as badasses... then id miss out on the best games ever made.
---
-choose death-
#15zeik56Posted 1/20/2013 9:31:15 PM
suzukimatsui posted...
Hahaha another one of these this game/character is too childish topics...... If you have an issue just post in the older topics rather than create another useless topic that isn't constructive at all.

So if Barbie pony island adventure came out and was hailed by everyone as an amazing must have game, would you play it and be okay with the fact that the main character is a girls childhood idol? EVEN IF the game was overall really good? If y'all are okay playing as a small child for a massive game more power to ya, but I can't bring myself to do that.

If you really think this game is comparable to "Barbie Pony Island Adventure" then that's really depressing.
---
~Mirror, mirror, on my floor, am I the prettiest at the store?
#16Legend3000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 9:32:13 PM
Zetta-Honey-Boy posted...
Legend3000 posted...
I'm a 27 year old man, and I just don't see the appeal of playing as a little kid, I wanna be a badass in my games, and the main character of this game..well...I just don't see it. I've played tons of rpgs and jrpgs and the cast of characters is very important to me. Do ya at least get some cool monsters in your team eventually?

clearly this game isnt for you. why dont you go play final fantasy 13 instead?
surely that cast is badass enough.

main character is named LIGHTNING, surely that is pretty tough.

also, The new devil may cry is so edgy i cut myself on it. go play that.

If a game's bad it's bad. FF13 was terrible. And like I said I'm not knocking this game. To judge without playing would be stupid, however, I don't see the appeal of playing as a little boy in what looks like your basic jrpg affair.
---
"Legend3000, trolling the trolls since September 30, 2012"
#17Zetta-Honey-BoyPosted 1/20/2013 9:32:27 PM
Legend3000 posted...
suzukimatsui posted...

if it was indeed a super awesome game as you claim it is YES, id play the hell outta it.

i dont care who im playing as, so long as the game is awesome. if it all works togther, it wont matter.
---
-choose death-
#18Storm83Posted 1/20/2013 9:35:32 PM
Legend3000 posted...
suzukimatsui posted...

Sorry but it sounds like you want Cloud as a 32 year old with a beard, leather jacket and motorcycle to be ok with it? They wrote the story about a kid, so do you want them to have you be depicted as a grown man and not match the story? Would you rather have them write the story about a kid but make you play as Sephiroth? I dont get what you are saying.....like someone else mentioned it sounds like you are being narrow minded here. (Dont get me wrong I love FF7 as well ^_^ ) But why are you uncomfortable playing as a kid? Weird.....
#19suzukimatsuiPosted 1/20/2013 9:36:06 PM
Legend3000 posted...
suzukimatsui posted...

Hahaha I have nothing else to say to people like you who feel insecure about playing as a child character in a game that is being done by two companies who are well known for have child protagonists. If you don't like the game for that reason complain all you want and then go do something else. We don't need anymore of these kinds of topics already
#20Zetta-Honey-BoyPosted 1/20/2013 9:36:08 PM
Legend3000 posted...
Zetta-Honey-Boy posted...
Legend3000 posted...
I'm a 27 year old man, and I just don't see the appeal of playing as a little kid, I wanna be a badass in my games, and the main character of this game..well...I just don't see it. I've played tons of rpgs and jrpgs and the cast of characters is very important to me. Do ya at least get some cool monsters in your team eventually?

clearly this game isnt for you. why dont you go play final fantasy 13 instead?
surely that cast is badass enough.

main character is named LIGHTNING, surely that is pretty tough.

also, The new devil may cry is so edgy i cut myself on it. go play that.

If a game's bad it's bad. FF13 was terrible. And like I said I'm not knocking this game. To judge without playing would be stupid, however, I don't see the appeal of playing as a little boy in what looks like your basic jrpg affair.

then go play tales of graces f then, i dunno man.

not every rpg has to be the same thing. Earthbound, one of the best rpgs ever made has you playing as an everyday kid too... did you write that game off too?

you have a specific want that this game isnt offering. go find a game that is offering it.

try valkiria chronicles or tales of graves f.

not every story has to be about badasses.
---
-choose death-