I don't see the appeal..

#121pokemon_45_79_1Posted 1/21/2013 12:22:15 AM
From: VanilleHopen | Posted: 1/21/2013 12:20:14 AM | #120
suzukimatsui posted...
VanilleHopen posted...
i dont get the appeal either, the graphics are childish, the story is generic, the battle system is a blatant mimicrey of star ocean ..

and is it just me or does the title sound a little racist?

ni no KUNI wrath of the WHITE witch.... ?? really level 5?

Now why are you making this an issue of racism now? This just proves that you are nothing more than a troll trying to create an issue out of something that really isnt

i'm not saying they made the title with racist intent... im just saying when you sound it out.. well.
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.

Really now who really cares, its a stupid complaint that has no meaning of anything.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#122VanilleHopenPosted 1/21/2013 12:24:46 AM
pokemon_45_79_1 posted...
suzukimatsui posted...
VanilleHopen posted...
i dont get the appeal either, the graphics are childish, the story is generic, the battle system is a blatant mimicrey of star ocean ..

Now why are you making this an issue of racism now? This just proves that you are nothing more than a troll trying to create an issue out of something that really isnt

i'm not saying they made the title with racist intent... im just saying when you sound it out.. well.
---

Really now who really cares, its a stupid complaint that has no meaning of anything.

TO YOU maybe it means nothing.. To Martin Luther King, Harriett Tubman, Rosa Parks and many others that may not be the case..
---
#123LordcrabfoodPosted 1/21/2013 12:38:53 AM
There is no doubt the game gives off the impression of being childish. I have played the demo in front of numerous people and each one of them have commented on how kiddy it looks. However, I do not see this as a bad thing. It is refreshing to see something a little different and done to a very high standard. Kiddy in appearance this game may be but what lies beneath is what counts.
#124pokemon_45_79_1Posted 1/21/2013 12:44:11 AM(edited)
From: VanilleHopen | Posted: 1/21/2013 12:24:46 AM | #122
suzukimatsui posted...
VanilleHopen posted...

---

TO YOU maybe it means nothing.. To Martin Luther King, Harriett Tubman, Rosa Parks and many others that may not be the case..
---

Like I say who cares it doesn't mean anything to anyone on this board. SO you are pulling the R card here for the name really.

To those who don't know its the race card, seems another nitpick invalid complaint are you even trying anymore.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#125LordcrabfoodPosted 1/21/2013 12:58:28 AM
VanilleHopen posted...
suzukimatsui posted...
VanilleHopen posted...

---

lol, you actually turned this game into a race issue, I really hope for your sake you are just trolling.
#126KreynorPosted 1/21/2013 1:11:43 AM
Legend3000 posted...
I'm a 27 year old man, and I just don't see the appeal of playing as a little kid, I wanna be a badass in my games, and the main character of this game..well...I just don't see it. I've played tons of rpgs and jrpgs and the cast of characters is very important to me. Do ya at least get some cool monsters in your team eventually?

If you feel this way, than Ni no Kuni is not the game for you.
There's nothing wrong with wanting to play games with badass characters in them.
There's also nothing wrong with being ok playing games that look "childish", so you shouldn't wonder why this game is popular.
If you feel in a particular way that doesn't mean that it's "the right way" and that everyone that feels differently is wrong.

That being said, give the demo a try. If you'll like it, good for you. If you won't like it, than carry on.
#127PID_LL_PPPosted 1/21/2013 1:47:35 AM
T Analytics 1

Remember don't feed trolls (I'm going feed one). (If you feed them too much at once though that might be more interesting to see what happens)

Legend3000 posted...
I don't get it. I don't understand what it is about this game that seems to enchant soo many people. I'm not dissing or bashing the game in any way, but why is it getting soo much love? I'm basing my opinions on the videos I have seen so far, but to me, the character looks childish, in fact, everything about this game looks very kiddy. Then I saw a pokemon-esque part to game, and it screamed out with even more childish undertones. The graphics look fantastic, but the gameplay looks very basic. Like I said, not bashing the game cuz I haven't played it, but what is it that everyone is seeing that I'm not. It looks like any other jrpg but with a very kiddy coat of paint. I want to like this game but...just not feelin it, and I LOVE rpgs.

Posts an inherently double sided statement to try and get as much coverage as possible. "I don't get it, I don't Understand, I'm not dissing" followed by the I understand from the "videos", everything looks to "kiddy, childish". Implying the game is not for adults or implicitly creating statements that could easily goad other users into responding.

Legend3000 posted...
I'm a 27 year old man, and I just don't see the appeal of playing as a little kid, I wanna be a badass in my games, and the main character of this game..well...I just don't see it. I've played tons of rpgs and jrpgs and the cast of characters is very important to me. Do ya at least get some cool monsters in your team eventually?

States age as a figure. Please expand on your personal credentials if we are to verify your age. (Uses internet as a mask, note it is not advisable to reveal personal information online and you appear to be relying on this fact)

Repeats tread starting statement with different wording. Please define what art is or what makes something "cool" in general. Please provide proof of purchase for all the rpgs you have played (more internet status elevation).

Legend3000 posted...
suzukimatsui posted...
Hahaha another one of these this game/character is too childish topics...... If you have an issue just post in the older topics rather than create another useless topic that isn't constructive at all.

So if Barbie pony island adventure came out and was hailed by everyone as an amazing must have game, would you play it and be okay with the fact that the main character is a girls childhood idol? EVEN IF the game was overall really good? If y'all are okay playing as a small child for a massive game more power to ya, but I can't bring myself to do that.

Doesn't respond to the question (Why create new threads when there are already others). Creates hypothetical situations and straw mans a statement together which is irrelevant to the topic and question at hand. Continues repeating thread starting statement with additional goading statements. (Also if a game was rated as must-buy by reviews and critics and both amazon,metacritic,etc. scores hypothetically gave it 15 out of 10 and users were going on ebay to buy said game for 1000's of dollars and it sold out worldwide and crashes the PSN store for weeks then one could easily conclude with such an absurd situation that it may be logical to at least buy it on sale.)

Part 1 of 9
#128PID_LL_PPPosted 1/21/2013 1:49:26 AM
Cont'd Part 2

Legend3000 posted...
Zetta-Honey-Boy posted...
Legend3000 posted...

clearly this game isnt for you. why dont you go play final fantasy 13 instead?
surely that cast is badass enough.

main character is named LIGHTNING, surely that is pretty tough.

also, The new devil may cry is so edgy i cut myself on it. go play that.

If a game's bad it's bad. FF13 was terrible. And like I said I'm not knocking this game. To judge without playing would be stupid, however, I don't see the appeal of playing as a little boy in what looks like your basic jrpg affair.

State the obvious (Bad = Bad). Repeats thread starter and contradicts himself by judging a game before playing it (even though there is a playable demo).

Legend3000 posted...

Read what I wrote. I said IF Barbie Pony Island Adventure was a great game, would you still be okay playing it? Actually let me put it this way...Change the main character of Ni No Kuni with Barbie instead...still wanna play it? Also pretty funny that I'm getting bashed for my opinion (which isn't even a negative one) I want to like this game but I'm having problems getting past the kiddish look. Thank you to the people who actually responded maturely with reasons as to why they like it.

Now that he strung another person into his hypothetical situation attempts to turn it around on them. Doesn't note fact that he never answered the original question (Or didn't read it). Creates another situation which could easily be countered by infinite hypotheticals, which is why trolls use them frequently. (If Ni No Kuni was with Barbie instead and somehow was reviewed to be best game ever by user voting and critical acclaim winning every award in the world and outselling every franchise and turning Sony's fortunes around by moving every PS3 system in the supply chain on presales alone then one may conclude that even though there is Barbie in the other world it might be worth checking out if the entire planet magically is playing it and all but one person disagrees but still bought it because this is a hypothetical scenario where everyone bought the game already except one last person)

Goes on the defensive for implied comments. (Qualifies statements in a bracket saying even though it is negative it isn't so the bracket casts the negativity into special logic territory).

Part 2 of 9
#129PID_LL_PPPosted 1/21/2013 1:51:19 AM
Cont'd Part 3

Legend3000 posted...

Just letting you know, I enjoy all types of games, maybe it's more the plain generic character design that is throwing me off. And I've played games where you are a kid, it's just that in this particular case the child you play as just looks super generic. I'm also absolutely positive I've played many of the same games you have and have enjoyed them as well, maybe even more. I can see why people might like this game, and I'm not bashing those that like what they see, but it seems as though the "immature" thing to do would be to bash someone who has a different opinion.

Just letting you know, If you enjoy all types of games and I mean All types of games then you've made a blanket statement which should include the enjoyment of even horrible games that you mention such as FF13 and your "Bad is Bad" should really be "Bad is Good", "Good is Good". Making a blanket statement leaves you very little room for exceptions because if you enjoy all types of games then generic F2P knockoffs should also be enjoyable even with generic copied character design.

Makes implicit statement that the game is extremely generic and even though he can play games as kids contrary to previous statements about wanted to "be a badass in my games" which a normal kid would not typically be. He again makes an blanket statement about a person he knows nothing about that he is absolutely sure he plays many of the exact same games (minus this upcoming one and an unknown gamut of other games). Again goes on the defensive for people being goaded by the implied statements of immaturity with another goading statement.

Legend3000 posted...
zeik56 posted...
How is the character design "generic"? Ghibli has a pretty distinct visual style and they don't exactly do many video games. Ghibli's visual design is actually a big draw for this game.

That's just my opinion. Gonna keep bashing me cuz I don't agree with you? ;) I do however LOVE the graphics in general, very nice.

Doesn't respond to another question. Equates a valid question into bashing via specialized illogical casting functions. Attempts to turn it around again saying it looks too generic but very nice...

Part 3 of 9
#130PID_LL_PPPosted 1/21/2013 1:53:36 AM
Part 4
Legend3000 posted...

Are you seriously stating that someone's opinion from their own perspective can be "inaccurate"? Are you a troll in disguise? Cuz soo far you've got me fooled.

Technically your opinion can be inaccurate just as someone how has the opinion that this 1 kg standard mass is actually mass less and looks too circular when in fact it can be measured to be almost perfectly square and weight 1kg to within a few parts per million. One can have the opinion that the fiery inferno they are standing in is very chilly when in fact they are being converted into ash in a fire so hot their bones would not even remain.

Troll detection on the other hand is less clear cut but I doubt you have many people fooled although you probably have a couple people riled up.

Legend3000 posted...
Storm83 posted...
Seriously Legend300, all jokes aside bud. Ok you may not see the appeal. Give the game a shot and I bet it will grow on you. I honestly like the look of Oliver with the red flowing cape and his wand. I think its kinda cool to be honest.

You know what, you were seriously one of the few people here who wasn't up in arms against my viewpoint of this game, so I'm gonna take your advice. I love rpgs, so I'm going to give this game a rent when I get the chance. I'm hoping I can get past the simpleness of the characters and truly enjoy this game. I'm hopin you get some awesome looking monsters in your party eventually though.

Ah attempting to bow out. But I doubt this is the last of the goading we will see giving I'm only on page 1 of 2 at the time of writing. Now I'm not sure why it is going on for so much more but we will see.

Legend3000 posted...

WOW REALLY? XD so opinions can now be wrong...lol It's not just the main character that makes this game feel childish, it's the supporting cast and enemies as well. It all looks like something from a children's book, (which is what this game is trying to portray anyways!) Not bashing the game as a whole, I just dislike some of the child like design choices they made. It almost seems like you are trying really hard to convince yourself that this game isn't childish...but you would have to be ABSOLUTELY BLIND to see no trace of child like undertones IN A GAME ABOUT A CHILD'S JOURNEY. Just like I suspected...troll.

Hmmm... Appears to agree that opinions can be wrong which counters his previous statements about opinions be above simple questioning. Extends reach and scope of thread topic by more repetition and the exact same qualification statements. Now appears to contradict himself again by saying he isn't entirely bashing the game just "not bashing the game as a whole". (post 1, "I'm not dissing or bashing the game in any way")

I'm trying really hard to not automatically assume something that is becoming extremely obvious. Accuses another of being a troll without any actual troll analysis other than disagreement.