I don't see the appeal..

#21Legend3000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 9:36:38 PM
zeik56 posted...
suzukimatsui posted...
Hahaha another one of these this game/character is too childish topics...... If you have an issue just post in the older topics rather than create another useless topic that isn't constructive at all.

So if Barbie pony island adventure came out and was hailed by everyone as an amazing must have game, would you play it and be okay with the fact that the main character is a girls childhood idol? EVEN IF the game was overall really good? If y'all are okay playing as a small child for a massive game more power to ya, but I can't bring myself to do that.

If you really think this game is comparable to "Barbie Pony Island Adventure" then that's really depressing.

Read what I wrote. I said IF Barbie Pony Island Adventure was a great game, would you still be okay playing it? Actually let me put it this way...Change the main character of Ni No Kuni with Barbie instead...still wanna play it? Also pretty funny that I'm getting bashed for my opinion (which isn't even a negative one) I want to like this game but I'm having problems getting past the kiddish look. Thank you to the people who actually responded maturely with reasons as to why they like it.
---
"Legend3000, trolling the trolls since September 30, 2012"
#22Zetta-Honey-BoyPosted 1/20/2013 9:37:53 PM
suzukimatsui posted...
Legend3000 posted...
suzukimatsui posted...
Hahaha another one of these this game/character is too childish topics...... If you have an issue just post in the older topics rather than create another useless topic that isn't constructive at all.

So if Barbie pony island adventure came out and was hailed by everyone as an amazing must have game, would you play it and be okay with the fact that the main character is a girls childhood idol? EVEN IF the game was overall really good? If y'all are okay playing as a small child for a massive game more power to ya, but I can't bring myself to do that.

Hahaha I have nothing else to say to people like you who feel insecure about playing as a child character in a game that is being done by two companies who are well known for have child protagonists. If you don't like the game for that reason complain all you want and then go do something else. We don't need anymore of these kinds of topics already

this, you are obviously too imature and insecure to enjoy good games.
your loss.
---
-choose death-
#23VanilleHopenPosted 1/20/2013 9:38:43 PM
Legend3000 posted...
I'm a 27 year old man, and I just don't see the appeal of playing as a little kid, I wanna be a badass in my games, and the main character of this game..well...I just don't see it. I've played tons of rpgs and jrpgs and the cast of characters is very important to me. Do ya at least get some cool monsters in your team eventually?

it is childish.. people will bash you and say "omg you have no self confidence cuz you don't want to be seen playing this childish game" but the fact is childish games aren't fun...

It's kind of why ii don't watch nick jr anymore.. I'm no longer interested..

you would be wise to never purchase this game..
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#24suzukimatsuiPosted 1/20/2013 9:38:51 PM
Legend3000 posted...
Zetta-Honey-Boy posted...
Legend3000 posted...
I'm a 27 year old man, and I just don't see the appeal of playing as a little kid, I wanna be a badass in my games, and the main character of this game..well...I just don't see it. I've played tons of rpgs and jrpgs and the cast of characters is very important to me. Do ya at least get some cool monsters in your team eventually?

clearly this game isnt for you. why dont you go play final fantasy 13 instead?
surely that cast is badass enough.

main character is named LIGHTNING, surely that is pretty tough.

also, The new devil may cry is so edgy i cut myself on it. go play that.

If a game's bad it's bad. FF13 was terrible. And like I said I'm not knocking this game. To judge without playing would be stupid, however, I don't see the appeal of playing as a little boy in what looks like your basic jrpg affair.

Go and play Valkyria Chronicles since we all know that isn't a terrible game
#25TiaelPosted 1/20/2013 9:39:15 PM
Because it is a traditional, old school styled JRPG, collaboration between Level 5 and Studio Ghibli, the art-style is quirky, unique, charming and magical, and the story is presented well, has mature elements, but a lot of whimsy.
Just because the main character is 13 doesn't make the game childish.

Harry Potter started out as an 11 year old wizard in a magical school casting spells with his friends, the Mother series (Mother/Earthbound/Mother 3) features a cast of characters around the same age as Oliver and have some very depressing and emotional moments.

And most of the JRPGs feature a kid/teen cast, whether it's a lot of FF games, Dragon Quest, Persona, Tales, or various other ones.
---
Ni no Kuni Wizard Edition- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcEGEGpFgRU
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#26kkeevvPosted 1/20/2013 9:40:34 PM
iamrawr89 posted...
Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

- C.S. Lewis

This so much. Disliking something because it's too childish is just sad.
---
Check out my quote.
#27TiaelPosted 1/20/2013 9:40:51 PM
VanilleHopen posted...
Legend3000 posted...

it is childish.. people will bash you and say "omg you have no self confidence cuz you don't want to be seen playing this childish game" but the fact is childish games aren't fun...

Still trolling I see.
Aren't you supposed to be having wet dreams of Hope or Motomu Toriyama?
---
Ni no Kuni Wizard Edition- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcEGEGpFgRU
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#28Storm83Posted 1/20/2013 9:42:28 PM
Tiael posted...
VanilleHopen posted...
Legend3000 posted...

Still trolling I see.
Aren't you supposed to be having wet dreams of Hope or Motomu Toriyama?

I thought he was still supposed to be organizing the bargain bin and stacking the last 2 FF's they made in a neat and orderly fashion ( =
#29zeik56Posted 1/20/2013 9:43:55 PM(edited)
Read what I wrote. I said IF Barbie Pony Island Adventure was a great game, would you still be okay playing it? Actually let me put it this way...Change the main character of Ni No Kuni with Barbie instead...still wanna play it? Also pretty funny that I'm getting bashed for my opinion (which isn't even a negative one) I want to like this game but I'm having problems getting past the kiddish look. Thank you to the people who actually responded maturely with reasons as to why they like it.

If it was the same exact game then why not? Other than it being a completely inappropriate name for the game it wouldn't change anything. You're way too concerned with keeping up appearances. There's plenty of people out there who would look at me weird for playing any JRPG, but why should I care?

I don't really care whether or not you can look past the graphics, this isn't going to be a game for everyone, but your inability to even understand how someone could play a game with a child character is pretty ridiculous.
---
~Mirror, mirror, on my floor, am I the prettiest at the store?
#30Legend3000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 9:43:10 PM
Zetta-Honey-Boy posted...
suzukimatsui posted...
Legend3000 posted...
suzukimatsui posted...

Hahaha I have nothing else to say to people like you who feel insecure about playing as a child character in a game that is being done by two companies who are well known for have child protagonists. If you don't like the game for that reason complain all you want and then go do something else. We don't need anymore of these kinds of topics already

this, you are obviously too imature and insecure to enjoy good games.
your loss.

Just letting you know, I enjoy all types of games, maybe it's more the plain generic character design that is throwing me off. And I've played games where you are a kid, it's just that in this particular case the child you play as just looks super generic. I'm also absolutely positive I've played many of the same games you have and have enjoyed them as well, maybe even more. I can see why people might like this game, and I'm not bashing those that like what they see, but it seems as though the "immature" thing to do would be to bash someone who has a different opinion.
---
"Legend3000, trolling the trolls since September 30, 2012"