I don't see the appeal..

#41Storm83Posted 1/20/2013 8:53:01 PM
Seriously Legend300, all jokes aside bud. Ok you may not see the appeal. Give the game a shot and I bet it will grow on you. I honestly like the look of Oliver with the red flowing cape and his wand. I think its kinda cool to be honest.
#42ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/20/2013 8:53:26 PM
Letting the character design get in the way of your experience with the game actually is narrow-minded btw....
#43Zetta-Honey-BoyPosted 1/20/2013 8:54:19 PM
zeik56 posted...
zeik56 posted...
How is the character design "generic"? Ghibli has a pretty distinct visual style and they don't exactly do many video games. Ghibli's visual design is actually a big draw for this game.

That's just my opinion. Gonna keep bashing me cuz I don't agree with you? ;) I do however LOVE the graphics in general, very nice.

The only thing I'm "bashing" is your insistence on calling it "childish", because that's simply inaccurate. Whether you actually like it I couldn't care less.

i find games like gears of war, borderlands and saints row to be games that are legitimately childish... these are games that are made for kids (its fair to like the, i guess, but theybare no means mature games) when i think of a mature game, i think of killer 7, xenogears, vagrant story, red dead redemption, ico, mgs2... you know... games that make you think about stuff.
---
-choose death-
#44Legend3000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 8:54:47 PM
zeik56 posted...
zeik56 posted...
How is the character design "generic"? Ghibli has a pretty distinct visual style and they don't exactly do many video games. Ghibli's visual design is actually a big draw for this game.

That's just my opinion. Gonna keep bashing me cuz I don't agree with you? ;) I do however LOVE the graphics in general, very nice.

The only thing I'm "bashing" is your insistence on calling it "childish", because that's simply inaccurate. Whether you actually like it I couldn't care less.

Are you seriously stating that someone's opinion from their own perspective can be "inaccurate"? Are you a troll in disguise? Cuz soo far you've got me fooled.
---
"Legend3000, trolling the trolls since September 30, 2012"
#45Storm83Posted 1/20/2013 8:57:29 PM(edited)
OMG ... what do you want from us TC ??? ) ;
LOL

Edit ****

TC serious question. If they came out with a patch to have Oliver totally covered up in a Demons Souls looking knight suit would that make you change your mind???
#46Zetta-Honey-BoyPosted 1/20/2013 8:56:51 PM
Legend3000 posted...
zeik56 posted...
zeik56 posted...

Are you seriously stating that someone's opinion from their own perspective can be "inaccurate"? Are you a troll in disguise? Cuz soo far you've got me fooled.

it was unfair of you to label the game as childish due to superficial circumstances on your part.
---
-choose death-
#47zeik56Posted 1/20/2013 8:56:58 PM
Yes, an opinion can actually be wrong when it's based on factually inaccurate information. Calling this game "childish" simply because the main character is a child is in fact wrong. The fact that you play as a child may not appeal to you and even be enough to turn you away from the game, and that's your business, but your description is still wrong.
---
~Mirror, mirror, on my floor, am I the prettiest at the store?
#48Legend3000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 8:59:36 PM
Storm83 posted...
Seriously Legend300, all jokes aside bud. Ok you may not see the appeal. Give the game a shot and I bet it will grow on you. I honestly like the look of Oliver with the red flowing cape and his wand. I think its kinda cool to be honest.

You know what, you were seriously one of the few people here who wasn't up in arms against my viewpoint of this game, so I'm gonna take your advice. I love rpgs, so I'm going to give this game a rent when I get the chance. I'm hoping I can get past the simpleness of the characters and truly enjoy this game. I'm hopin you get some awesome looking monsters in your party eventually though.
---
#49Legend3000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 9:04:56 PM(edited)
zeik56 posted...
Yes, an opinion can actually be wrong when it's based on factually inaccurate information. Calling this game "childish" simply because the main character is a child is in fact wrong. The fact that you play as a child may not appeal to you and even be enough to turn you away from the game, and that's your business, but your description is still wrong.

WOW REALLY? XD so opinions can now be wrong...lol It's not just the main character that makes this game feel childish, it's the supporting cast and enemies as well. It all looks like something from a children's book, (which is what this game is trying to portray anyways!) Not bashing the game as a whole, I just dislike some of the child like design choices they made. It almost seems like you are trying really hard to convince yourself that this game isn't childish...but you would have to be ABSOLUTELY BLIND to see no trace of child like undertones IN A GAME ABOUT A CHILD'S JOURNEY. Just like I suspected...troll.
---
#50Zetta-Honey-BoyPosted 1/20/2013 9:04:08 PM
Legend3000 posted...
Storm83 posted...

You know what, you were seriously one of the few people here who wasn't up in arms against my viewpoint of this game, so I'm gonna take your advice. I love rpgs, so I'm going to give this game a rent when I get the chance. I'm hoping I can get past the simpleness of the characters and truly enjoy this game. I'm hopin you get some awesome looking monsters in your party eventually though.

you know what?
no, dont get the game.

i actually dont want you to get it.

i actually want you to miss out on this one.

dont get it, its obviously a baby's game and you will be judged by all your peers when they find out you like this stuff.

so please dont get it.
---
-choose death-