I don't see the appeal..

#81OmegaDL50Posted 1/20/2013 10:30:43 PM
Some of the people have in fact played this game already, unless of course you deny the existence that the game has been out in Japan for over a year now.

Nevermind the fact that several people on this board are importers. Enough information is available in regards to this game for anyone to know enough in regards to it's quality.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.
#82pokemon_45_79_1Posted 1/20/2013 10:31:21 PM
pokemon_45_79_1 posted...
Tc a few words, either get the game or don't get the game, plain and simple.

You obviously didn't read through this topic. I AM going to give the game a shot, a few normal responses helped sway me on that.
---
"Legend3000, trolling the trolls since September 30, 2012"

I did read through it, but I posted a simple answer either get it or don't its completely up to you, glad you are going to try worse case bring it back if you don't like it its not going to hurt.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#83Legend3000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 10:32:02 PM
Wiseman4545 posted...
Too many people have been coming around trying to dismiss this game as "childish" and "for little kids". If that wasn't your intention I would have chosen my words more carefully, as you just put people on the defensive.

Here's the thing, I'm not so ignorant as to dismiss that different people have different opinions. I realize that what I see as childish may not look that way to others. But I did not diss this game and if for some reason I came off as a close minded individual well that was not my intention, I was trying to point out my tastes in video games and that I felt the character design was bland. There are plenty of game that have kids as the main characters that don't look generic like this one, but hopefully I can grow to like the main character through narrative and story and surpass my bias. Never said this game was for kids nor did I imply that those that play this are childish, that was from everyone making assumptions and getting defensive because of their love of this game. Pretty much they put their own meaning into my words and took it as a personal attack on their tastes.
---
#84Storm83Posted 1/20/2013 10:32:03 PM
OmegaDL50 posted...
Some of the people have in fact played this game already, unless of course you deny the existence that the game has been out in Japan for over a year now.

Nevermind the fact that several people on this board are importers. Enough information is available in regards to this game for anyone to know enough in regards to it's quality.

Thank You ^
#85kenff6Posted 1/20/2013 10:32:55 PM
Lordrv posted...
Legend, for what's it worth, you remind me of my douchebag friends from my youth that wouldn't play Yoshi's Island 'cause it had 'kiddy' graphics and baby Mario. Go **** yourself brah.

I agree. How dare people have varying tastes! Everyone who disagrees is just a douchebag and should go play COD.

God, you guys are insane.......You really need some new material other than CPD references.
#86Legend3000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 10:34:11 PM
Lordrv posted...
Legend, for what's it worth, you remind me of my douchebag friends from my youth that wouldn't play Yoshi's Island 'cause it had 'kiddy' graphics and baby Mario. Go **** yourself brah.

:O lol but...I love Mario.. LMAO
---
#87Wiseman4545Posted 1/20/2013 10:36:31 PM
Wiseman4545 posted...
Too many people have been coming around trying to dismiss this game as "childish" and "for little kids". If that wasn't your intention I would have chosen my words more carefully, as you just put people on the defensive.

Here's the thing, I'm not so ignorant as to dismiss that different people have different opinions. I realize that what I see as childish may not look that way to others. But I did not diss this game and if for some reason I came off as a close minded individual well that was not my intention, I was trying to point out my tastes in video games and that I felt the character design was bland. There are plenty of game that have kids as the main characters that don't look generic like this one, but hopefully I can grow to like the main character through narrative and story and surpass my bias. Never said this game was for kids nor did I imply that those that play this are childish, that was from everyone making assumptions and getting defensive because of their love of this game. Pretty much they put their own meaning into my words and took it as a personal attack on their tastes.

You didn't make the comment about the designs being "bland" until pretty late into the conversation. You started off with just calling it "childish" and that put everyone on the defensive as that's a very loaded word.

It may have just been a misunderstanding on everyone's part, but much of the start of this topic does sound like you don't understand how an adult could like a game like this.
---
Cheesecake~
#88terminal21Posted 1/20/2013 10:39:29 PM
As this forum gains in popularity more people will come in making these kinds of posts.

I don't believe the TC is interested in the game nor any of the others who have made such posts. They saw the game getting popular on the front page and simply saw a place with an audience to try and stir up nonsense.

I know this is true because no reasonable person on the planet thinks "I don't like X, but it's not enough to just sit here not liking X I need to go and find some people who DO like X and tell them all about how I don't like it." Only trolls and people desperate for attention do that. Plain and simple.
#89Storm83Posted 1/20/2013 10:42:02 PM
terminal21 posted...
As this forum gains in popularity more people will come in making these kinds of posts.

I don't believe the TC is interested in the game nor any of the others who have made such posts. They saw the game getting popular on the front page and simply saw a place with an audience to try and stir up nonsense.

I know this is true because no reasonable person on the planet thinks "I don't like X, but it's not enough to just sit here not liking X I need to go and find some people who DO like X and tell them all about how I don't like it." Only trolls and people desperate for attention do that. Plain and simple.

He admitted he is interested in the game and he loves the graphics. He also stated recently that he will give the game a chance. I think we should all let this topic die and start posting in a different one? Maybe you guys can post in my topic asking where to get Ni no Kuni posters or Studio Ghibli poster scans on the net? ( =
Thank you in advance
#90YOeastonYOPosted 1/20/2013 10:42:33 PM
Storm83 posted...
zeik56 posted...
"Fanboy" is such a dumb term. People just use it as a catch-all to try to dismiss everything.

I agree. I look at "fanboy" as a crutch when you dont know what else to say or how to express yourself. Let me explain that the word first of all should be used for someone who is defending something that clearly sucks. Well the game clearly doesnt suck. It has received tons of great scores, got a perfect score on RPG gamer who have only given 4 perfect scores out ever, and well its funny that people call someone a fanboy to begin with...

Unfortunately your so called definition of a fanboy is completely wrong. A fanboy is someone who has a highly devoted and/or biased opinion toward a certain subject. Something that "clearly sucks" as you say would just be an opinion, and opinions cannot be used in definitions. Sorry, but try again.

I did get a chuckle out of the whole crutch comment though. I guess some of you guys just can't except some of comments through your way from people who actually have neutral opinions toward the game. If the game is great like you think (which I too hope it is) then why would being a fanboy be a bad thing exactly?