This quote sums up this game

#1gangster4lifeyoPosted 1/21/2013 3:26:47 AM
It's a better CS Lewis quote:

We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.

I think this quote illustrates that the developers of this game need to do an about-turn and stop making childish games.
#2PairedsnakePosted 1/21/2013 3:29:18 AM
What about it do you find childish in particular?
#3gangster4lifeyo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 3:31:40 AM
The guard scene in particular. Oliver giving a guard enthusiasm.

I know you guys hate the Dora comparisons but that scene honestly seems like something that came straight out of a Dora episode. I was just waiting for Oliver to say "now where are we going to put the enthusiasm...........You're right! Vamanos!"
#4BurgerTime79Posted 1/21/2013 3:33:02 AM
You can keep calling the game childish all you want, won't change the fact that you're wrong, and it won't change anyone's enjoyment of the game.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#5PairedsnakePosted 1/21/2013 3:35:21 AM
gangster4lifeyo posted...

I know you guys hate the Dora comparisons but that scene honestly seems like something that came straight out of a Dora episode. I was just waiting for Oliver to say "now where are we going to put the enthusiasm...........You're right! Vamanos!"

Was it how the scene played out or the fact that he was giving him enthusiasm?
#6immortaltech6Posted 1/21/2013 3:35:45 AM
You needed to reference a quote for that simple and obvious observation? Wow. I'm sure things will pick up for you. Hey if you go outside during the day, you might even have an epiphany that the sky isn't dark.
#7gangster4lifeyo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 3:38:35 AM
immortaltech6 posted...
You needed to reference a quote for that simple and obvious observation? Wow. I'm sure things will pick up for you. Hey if you go outside during the day, you might even have an epiphany that the sky isn't dark.

Exactly. It's mocking how regulars here keep posting that other quote even though it's completely ridiculous to do so. Apparently you didn't get my intentions.
#8gangster4lifeyo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 3:39:09 AM
Pairedsnake posted...

Both, but mainly how the scene played out.
#9PirateMoePosted 1/21/2013 3:39:58 AM

So I guess psychiatrists should tell people to stop being childish when they arrange appointments for depression?

Because you know one of the biggest symptoms of depression is not finding any joy in anything you do and having no...enthusiasm, right? You know that, right?
#10PairedsnakePosted 1/21/2013 3:43:22 AM
Pairedsnake posted...

Both, but mainly how the scene played out.

Well thanks for answering if its not your style its not your style and i can understand your distaste for it however please dont bash the game for those of us looking forward to it who enjoy a more innocent approach to storytelling