Gamestop not carrying a lot non preordered

#11kiriyama1084Posted 1/22/2013 9:50:44 AM
CynicalGamer1 posted...
I never preorder unless it gives me a good incentive to. A dull steel case that will take up more room is not a good enough reason. So I went to gamestop to pick up a copy and the manager who i know pretty well said they only got 2 copies in for non preorders and they sold them already.

Long story short..having friends within gamestop is very beneficial as I got him to let me buy someones preordered copy. Basically he can always just tell them that there was a problem with shipment and it will come in soon. Sounds jerkish but we do this thing a lot...hes let me take online codes/passes from new copies for used games i bought.

Anyway..my point was..if you didnt preorder...well i wish you luck. Oh and the store I go to does very good business so its likely most other gamestops will have low quantities too.

I had to log in at work just to reply to this. You are a tw*t. Seriously. Taking someone elses copy because you were to lazy to preorder your own? Your friend is also just as despicable and sad for allowing it. There is a special place in hell for someone like you both next to people who talk during movies and people who bring screaming babies to restaurants.
---
I have already prepared my counter-proposal. It reads thusly: You may strategically place your wonderful lips upon my posterior and kiss it repeatedly!
#12BazurkMCPosted 1/22/2013 9:50:45 AM
hell the gamestop I preordered at didnt even get enough steel cases for all those who preordered.

they only got 6 cases and quite a few more than that preorderd,.

worst part? i was there as soon as the Manager unlocked the door and he told me they would be distributing the cases in the order the pre-orders were placed.

which is crap cause i know most gamestops do first come first serve and i still pre-ordered.

he told me he called his District Manager to see if he could get any of the extra copies from the 12 stores in the district and if they got even 1 more case I was next on the list.

lol missed it by 1,, and they didnt even supply all the pre-orders.

bs
---
PSN: Bazurk
#13KGTriggerPosted 1/22/2013 9:50:55 AM
CynicalGamer1 posted...
I never preorder unless it gives me a good incentive to. A dull steel case that will take up more room is not a good enough reason. So I went to gamestop to pick up a copy and the manager who i know pretty well said they only got 2 copies in for non preorders and they sold them already.

Long story short..having friends within gamestop is very beneficial as I got him to let me buy someones preordered copy. Basically he can always just tell them that there was a problem with shipment and it will come in soon. Sounds jerkish but we do this thing a lot...hes let me take online codes/passes from new copies for used games i bought.

Anyway..my point was..if you didnt preorder...well i wish you luck. Oh and the store I go to does very good business so its likely most other gamestops will have low quantities too.

You're right, it sounded jerkish until this part. Seems perfectly reasonable now.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089; Steam: Joben
#14captainsquallyPosted 1/22/2013 9:51:39 AM
Wow if this is a true story and not just troll, you are scum.

Someone pre-ordered this game because they were excited to pick it up at launch and you would really deny someone that? If you didn't want to reserve it, then YOU are the one that should wait for more to come in. Jerk.
---
http://flashyreview.com
Unbiased, Gaming news and views
#15LeanaunfurledPosted 1/22/2013 9:53:33 AM
Isn't TC a troll? Name is familiar.
---
Now Reading: Dunk and Egg
Just Read: Wheel of Time: Eye of the World
#16LightHawKnightPosted 1/22/2013 9:55:13 AM
taskun_34 posted...
Hope your manager gets fired for that, as it's against Gamestop policy to even do that kind of s***

It not actually. If someone walks in before the person who preordered, they can sell it to them. If they are dicks. And knowing GS employees, a lot of them are.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#17SherushffxiPosted 1/22/2013 9:56:27 AM
BazurkMC posted...
hell the gamestop I preordered at didnt even get enough steel cases for all those who preordered.

worst part? i was there as soon as the Manager unlocked the door and he told me they would be distributing the cases in the order the pre-orders were placed.

which is crap cause i know most gamestops do first come first serve and i still pre-ordered.

he told me he called his District Manager to see if he could get any of the extra copies from the 12 stores in the district and if they got even 1 more case I was next on the list.

bs

I have had problems with preorders from gamestop stores with extra preorder stuff. Instead I order online with them to be delivered to my house, and I always get what I was suppose too.
#18PFireflyPosted 1/22/2013 9:56:32 AM
LightHawKnight posted...
taskun_34 posted...
Hope your manager gets fired for that, as it's against Gamestop policy to even do that kind of s***

It not actually. If someone walks in before the person who preordered, they can sell it to them. If they are dicks. And knowing GS employees, a lot of them are.

I had always been told that pre-orders cannot be released for general sale till after three days.
---
Alice returns in 2011, I'll be ready... http://www.ea.com/alice
Inception ending spoiler: http://twitpic.com/26k9ub
#19TiaelPosted 1/22/2013 9:56:59 AM
Sherushffxi posted...
BazurkMC posted...

bs

I have had problems with preorders from gamestop stores with extra preorder stuff. Instead I order online with them to be delivered to my house, and I always get what I was suppose too.

Off-topic, but judging by your username did you play FFXI?
---
Ni no Kuni Wizard Edition- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcEGEGpFgRU
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#20The_BoredomsPosted 1/22/2013 9:57:59 AM
I'm with the TC on this one. Opportunism may be frowned upon in general, but it's a great way to get what you want. We all die in the end anyway, so who cares?