Gamestop not carrying a lot non preordered

#21mearhar1Posted 1/22/2013 9:58:45 AM
LightHawKnight posted...
taskun_34 posted...
Hope your manager gets fired for that, as it's against Gamestop policy to even do that kind of s***

It not actually. If someone walks in before the person who preordered, they can sell it to them. If they are dicks. And knowing GS employees, a lot of them are.

No Gamestop policy is to hold it for 48 hours.
#22goemon1977Posted 1/22/2013 9:59:47 AM
Nice try TC but this game is a tracked game from GS, which means they aren't allowed to run out of copies for the first two weeks of release. I picked mine up today and they had 3 shelves full behind the counter of them that were not preordered. And my GS is in the farm lands of MD lol.
---
Wii U ID goemon12677
#23SherushffxiPosted 1/22/2013 10:00:25 AM
Tiael posted...

Off-topic, but judging by your username did you play FFXI?

Yes but when it first came out for several years. Loved every minute of it and still have contact through email with some players.
#24LeanaunfurledPosted 1/22/2013 10:01:14 AM
Nice try TC but this game is a tracked game from GS, which means they aren't allowed to run out of copies for the first two weeks of release. I picked mine up today and they had 3 shelves full behind the counter of them that were not preordered. And my GS is in the farm lands of MD lol.

I don't know about that. I specifically called them yesterday to ask about going in and picking it up, and I was told they only had one copy that wasn't pre-ordered.
---
http://i.imgur.com/LF2O7.gif
http://i.imgur.com/WoISA.gif
#25TiaelPosted 1/22/2013 10:01:37 AM
Sherushffxi posted...
Tiael posted...

Off-topic, but judging by your username did you play FFXI?

Yes but when it first came out for several years. Loved every minute of it and still have contact through email with some players.

Likewise, played it for 5+ years up through Wings of the Goddess expansion and the 3 story add-ons.
Quit around the time the first Abyssea add-on came out.
What server?
I was on Quetzalcoatl, and yeah, I still talk with a lot of friends from it.
---
Ni no Kuni Wizard Edition- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcEGEGpFgRU
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#26KenauePosted 1/22/2013 10:04:05 AM
BazurkMC posted...
hell the gamestop I preordered at didnt even get enough steel cases for all those who preordered.

they only got 6 cases and quite a few more than that preorderd,.

worst part? i was there as soon as the Manager unlocked the door and he told me they would be distributing the cases in the order the pre-orders were placed.

which is crap cause i know most gamestops do first come first serve and i still pre-ordered.

he told me he called his District Manager to see if he could get any of the extra copies from the 12 stores in the district and if they got even 1 more case I was next on the list.

lol missed it by 1,, and they didnt even supply all the pre-orders.

bs

Mine has a whole cabinet filled with the metal cases. More than enough for all the pre-orders.
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
#27Mindwipe77Posted 1/22/2013 10:08:59 AM
you and your gs pal sound like jerks lol, i hope he gets fired
---
Now playing-DMC
GOTY 2013-Lightning Returns
#28Aposter26Posted 1/22/2013 10:10:58 AM
Karma, TC. Just wait.
#29CynicalGamer1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 10:11:57 AM
lolwut

How does it hurt anyone? The game is still being paid for and the game company is still getting the money. So what if someone doesn't get their game. They can just ask for a refund on their deposit and go get it somewhere else. XD

And no, he will not get in trouble for it as its not really trackable. A canceled preorder here and there isn't something that is noticed by corporate. Trust me, hes been doing it for years...been hooking me up since when Dragon Age Origins came out and he let me buy someones preordered collectors edition who didnt show up to pick it up after a day. As I said, as long as I am paying the full price why does it matter?

Also the morals of video game consumerism wasn't the point of my thread.
#30BazurkMCPosted 1/22/2013 10:13:25 AM
Kenaue posted...
BazurkMC posted...
hell the gamestop I preordered at didnt even get enough steel cases for all those who preordered.

they only got 6 cases and quite a few more than that preorderd,.

worst part? i was there as soon as the Manager unlocked the door and he told me they would be distributing the cases in the order the pre-orders were placed.

which is crap cause i know most gamestops do first come first serve and i still pre-ordered.

he told me he called his District Manager to see if he could get any of the extra copies from the 12 stores in the district and if they got even 1 more case I was next on the list.

lol missed it by 1,, and they didnt even supply all the pre-orders.

bs

Mine has a whole cabinet filled with the metal cases. More than enough for all the pre-orders.

lol ive called around looks like im gettin screwed
---
PSN: Bazurk