Gamestop not carrying a lot non preordered

#31denniedarkoPosted 1/22/2013 10:14:17 AM
CynicalGamer1 posted...
lolwut

How does it hurt anyone? The game is still being paid for and the game company is still getting the money. So what if someone doesn't get their game. They can just ask for a refund on their deposit and go get it somewhere else. XD

And no, he will not get in trouble for it as its not really trackable. A canceled preorder here and there isn't something that is noticed by corporate. Trust me, hes been doing it for years...been hooking me up since when Dragon Age Origins came out and he let me buy someones preordered collectors edition who didnt show up to pick it up after a day. As I said, as long as I am paying the full price why does it matter?

Also the morals of video game consumerism wasn't the point of my thread.

I have never actually said this before, to anyone, but I hope you get the YLOD.
---
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Last Played: Mass Effect (9/10), Mass Effect 2 (10/10), Mass Effect 3 (9/10)
#32vashtrichamPosted 1/22/2013 10:15:26 AM
Quote:CynicalGamer1 posted...
lolwut

How does it hurt anyone? The game is still being paid for and the game company is still getting the money. So what if someone doesn't get their game. They can just ask for a refund on their deposit and go get it somewhere else. XD

And no, he will not get in trouble for it as its not really trackable. A canceled preorder here and there isn't something that is noticed by corporate. Trust me, hes been doing it for years...been hooking me up since when Dragon Age Origins came out and he let me buy someones preordered collectors edition who didnt show up to pick it up after a day. As I said, as long as I am paying the full price why does it matter?

Also the morals of video game consumerism wasn't the point of my thread.

@denniedarko
Which is the video game equivalent of I hope you get aids
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#33ff7fan321v2Posted 1/22/2013 10:18:05 AM(edited)
CynicalGamer1 posted...
I never preorder unless it gives me a good incentive to. A dull steel case that will take up more room is not a good enough reason.

having friends within gamestop is very beneficial as I got him to let me buy someones preordered copy.

So you wanted this "dull" steel case that "takes up more room" so bad you "got your friend" to let you buy someone's pre-order but you didn't care enough to pre-order a game you picked up day 1 anyways -.-'

You sir are a tool. I woulda pissed if that happened to me. (as in been the one who gets told that he can't get his steel case because some tool bought it cause he has friends)

edit: spelled some things out for those with low IQ, mainly for the TC.
---
PSN - ff7fan321
#34LeanaunfurledPosted 1/22/2013 10:16:37 AM

-gasp- he said the 'y' words.

But no, seriously guys, you're playing right into this person's hands. Let's talk about the game instead of paying attention to trolls saying it's childish and that they steal other people's copies. :)
---
http://i.imgur.com/INrw2.gif
http://i.imgur.com/4RgpO.gif
#35CynicalGamer1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 10:17:08 AM
I will also legitmize the claim that there was not enough steel cases for all preorders. This is common problem with gamestop and preorders. they do not tell you on the website but only preorders by a certain date are promised the preorder bonus...for physical bonus items that is. So yes I did get someones preordered copy...but I did not get a steel case.

You guys need to calm down. A special place in hell because I picked up a video game? I might live in a morally grey area and thats just how I do things nowadays but that doesn't make me a terrible person. A jerk? Sure. but not a terrible person.
#36LLelouchPosted 1/22/2013 10:17:55 AM
For a second I thought TC made this topic as huge troll bait, but that second message removed any suspicions I had. Guess he's just a genuine douche.
#37abnergoinbigPosted 1/22/2013 10:18:36 AM
F you and your friend TC. I would be furiated if I came to pick up my pre order and they told me that reason. Now I know a possible reason why something like this would happen.
#38ff7fan321v2Posted 1/22/2013 10:21:53 AM
CynicalGamer1 posted...
I will also legitmize the claim that there was not enough steel cases for all preorders. This is common problem with gamestop and preorders. they do not tell you on the website but only preorders by a certain date are promised the preorder bonus...for physical bonus items that is. So yes I did get someones preordered copy...but I did not get a steel case.

You guys need to calm down. A special place in hell because I picked up a video game? I might live in a morally grey area and thats just how I do things nowadays but that doesn't make me a terrible person. A jerk? Sure. but not a terrible person.

Gamestop, that is EB Games here in Canada ALWAYS gets enough to cover all pre-orders and a couple extra, for niche titles not many.

The ONLY pre-order bonus is a steel case, I think you're just trying to tell everyone you didn't get it so people won't call you out on being a...what you are, this forum does not allow me to say. Use your imagination.
---
PSN - ff7fan321
#39KenauePosted 1/22/2013 10:27:36 AM
BazurkMC posted...
Kenaue posted...
BazurkMC posted...
hell the gamestop I preordered at didnt even get enough steel cases for all those who preordered.

they only got 6 cases and quite a few more than that preorderd,.

worst part? i was there as soon as the Manager unlocked the door and he told me they would be distributing the cases in the order the pre-orders were placed.

which is crap cause i know most gamestops do first come first serve and i still pre-ordered.

he told me he called his District Manager to see if he could get any of the extra copies from the 12 stores in the district and if they got even 1 more case I was next on the list.

lol missed it by 1,, and they didnt even supply all the pre-orders.

bs

Mine has a whole cabinet filled with the metal cases. More than enough for all the pre-orders.

lol ive called around looks like im gettin screwed

That's disappointing....
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
#40XdieXPosted 1/22/2013 10:27:44 AM
The world is a harsh and ugly place... everyone just needs to stop acting like these kinds of things never happen.

Enjoy the game TC
---
PSN: I_HATE_EVERYONE1
http://youtu.be/tNW3ItQOd7c <--- haha