Gamestop not carrying a lot non preordered

#71PFireflyPosted 1/22/2013 10:45:30 AM
CynicalGamer1 posted...
and this is why the gaming community is laughed at. You guys need to chill the f out already. Morals over a purchase of a video game? Wow, yeah ok.

I thought the peak of idiocy I saw on the internet was people who called me a thief because I bought 4 copies of Mass Effect 3 CE sold 3 of them at launch for a 40$ profit. But noooo im sorry telling me to go to hell or that I have no morals because i was creative in how I obtained a video game...chill out already. It doesn't even effect any of you

This isn't why the gaming community is laughed at, assuming anyone respectable is even laughing. You could take this same story to any forum that deals with retail items and they'd all tell you the same thing. The point of pre-ordering is to reserve a copy, and you've deprived someone more deserving than you just because you have an unscrupulous manager on your side.

As for affecting anyone here, how do you know it doesn't? There may well be a topic in the next few hours about someone not getting their reserved game.
---
Alice returns in 2011, I'll be ready... http://www.ea.com/alice
Inception ending spoiler: http://twitpic.com/26k9ub
#72ferval100Posted 1/22/2013 10:47:59 AM
TC and his friend are douches. Completely defeats the purpose of pre-ordering, but the TC is probably too stupid to realize this. In the end he got what he wanted, so he could care less about someone else not getting their game.
---
We are the imagination of ourselves. - Bill Hicks.
http://youtu.be/u3X5f3gY4iw - THE MAN! (Guy Gamer.)
#73bith_the_blackPosted 1/22/2013 10:54:11 AM
CynicalGamer1 posted...
and this is why the gaming community is laughed at. You guys need to chill the f out already. Morals over a purchase of a video game? Wow, yeah ok.

Morals don't have an on/off switch. You and your friend are screwing over people who actually preordered the game. You are also putting your friend's job in jeopardy. You could've just got the game somewhere else instead of basically stealing someone else's copy. It's bad form and bad karma.
---
"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."
#74pickledude11Posted 1/22/2013 10:58:01 AM
CynicalGamer1 posted...
lolwut

How does it hurt anyone? The game is still being paid for and the game company is still getting the money. So what if someone doesn't get their game. They can just ask for a refund on their deposit and go get it somewhere else. XD

And no, he will not get in trouble for it as its not really trackable. A canceled preorder here and there isn't something that is noticed by corporate. Trust me, hes been doing it for years...been hooking me up since when Dragon Age Origins came out and he let me buy someones preordered collectors edition who didnt show up to pick it up after a day. As I said, as long as I am paying the full price why does it matter?

Also the morals of video game consumerism wasn't the point of my thread.

Wait let me get this straight, your answer to the person that won't get their preorder because of you is to go somewhere else and get it. So why didn't you just go someplace else instead of taking someone's preorder?
#75OhHeyltsYouPosted 1/22/2013 11:02:21 AM
Just ignore the guy and move on. I don't know why everyone is set on wishing bad things upon him. He just made up that story to get under your skin. If he truly had the game he would be playing it and not posting troll topics on here. He just wants attention. GameFAQs made an ignore button for a reason. Use it.
---
PSN: NaturaIBorn
#76LLelouchPosted 1/22/2013 11:05:28 AM
CynicalGamer1 posted...

I thought the peak of idiocy I saw on the internet was people who called me a thief because I bought 4 copies of Mass Effect 3 CE sold 3 of them at launch for a 40$ profit. But noooo im sorry telling me to go to hell or that I have no morals because i was creative in how I obtained a video game...chill out already. It doesn't even effect any of you

Actually, the gaming community is laughed at people like you who has no sense of morals. Video games or not, what you did was pretty low. The worst part is that you are trying to defend yourself and providing reasons for your acts. If you felt any guilt people wouldn't be slamming on you like they are now.
#77AgitoXIIIPosted 1/22/2013 11:08:52 AM
CynicalGamer1 posted...
lolwut

How does it hurt anyone? The game is still being paid for and the game company is still getting the money. So what if someone doesn't get their game. They can just ask for a refund on their deposit and go get it somewhere else. XD

And no, he will not get in trouble for it as its not really trackable. A canceled preorder here and there isn't something that is noticed by corporate. Trust me, hes been doing it for years...been hooking me up since when Dragon Age Origins came out and he let me buy someones preordered collectors edition who didnt show up to pick it up after a day. As I said, as long as I am paying the full price why does it matter?

Also the morals of video game consumerism wasn't the point of my thread.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh "lolwut" my A!

It still doesn't make it right moron. If a person was expecting to pick up am item at a certain place and at a certain time then it should stay that way.
---
FINAL FANTASY XV
Please be a great game, we need you to be one.
#78Mindwipe77Posted 1/22/2013 11:09:33 AM
you cheated someone out of their copy TC, you and that d-bag friend of yours. I dont care how you try to justify it, you were WRONG. It actually says alot about your character. You have growing up to do.
---
Now playing-DMC
GOTY 2013-Lightning Returns
#79AgitoXIIIPosted 1/22/2013 11:12:52 AM
CynicalGamer1 posted...
Leanaunfurled posted...
I have never actually said this before, to anyone, but I hope you get the YLOD.

-gasp- he said the 'y' words.

But no, seriously guys, you're playing right into this person's hands. Let's talk about the game instead of paying attention to trolls saying it's childish and that they steal other people's copies. :)

I didn't STEAL anything. If someone preorders a game and puts down partial amount on it..they do not own it. I paid full amount for it so i did not steal anything.

and yeah ok im a troll. i posted my situation about the game being limited in some stores and people focused on small details and decided to insult me by telling me i should go to hell for buying a video game. yeah im the troll.

Actually you DID steal something. The policy is not that you HAVE to pay it off fully. It's that you just put down money on it and it's supposed to be reserved for you. It's not hard to understand. Stop trying to justify your actions with new excuses and posts.

Period.
---
FINAL FANTASY XV
Please be a great game, we need you to be one.
#80uzimaki557Posted 1/22/2013 11:15:03 AM
I suspect the TC/OP story was true up to the point where they did not pre order or get a copy. The lie is everything else. OP u have no friends or connections at GS and you don't have a copy of the game either.