Strategy guide almost half off!

#1Omegatron_Posted 1/22/2013 11:49:23 AM
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ni-No-Kuni-Wrath-of-the-White-Witch-Prima-Official-Game-Guide/22093940

Wal-Mart has the hardcover strategy guide for $23.92. Best Buy WILL match this price if they have the hardcover in stock. I just got mine from there.

Good luck!
#2lazycomplifePosted 1/22/2013 11:50:21 AM
I don't really know if the guide is worth it for this game. I'm still not completely sold.
---
Wow really
Official Swinub of Pokemon X and Y boards
#3SkriblZzPosted 1/22/2013 11:52:43 AM
It's tempting, but I mean I got Prima's FFXIII hardcover and I never needed it, not once. Looks good, but... eh.
---
PSN: Skribz666 | Xbox Live: SkriblZz | Nintendo Network: SkriblZz
#4PapaJupe13Posted 1/22/2013 11:53:40 AM
I picked up the only copy of the guide they had at Gamestop this morning....its beautiful.
I got it for the familiar charts and maps/spells/gear info. But seriously....just open it up and it makes you happy.

I paid $35 for mine and I am happy with the purchase. For $24, I would have been completely stoked.

I just wish it were not hardcover. Mine is gonna get wrecked. A soft cover would be much more manageable.
---
Are you a bug, Bill Murray?
#5WhalinDanPosted 1/22/2013 11:53:45 AM
Why buy a guide? You know what website your on right?
#6TiaelPosted 1/22/2013 11:54:48 AM
Collecting, artwork, some people actually like reading a physical book as opposed to a FAQ online or something on Kindle, the Gold Hurley DLC, other?
---
Ni no Kuni Wizard Edition- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcEGEGpFgRU
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#7Gandalf the IstariPosted 1/22/2013 11:55:20 AM
SkriblZz posted...
It's tempting, but I mean I got Prima's FFXIII hardcover and I never needed it, not once. Looks good, but... eh.

XIII is literally on rails though.
#8PapaJupe13Posted 1/22/2013 11:56:34 AM
WhalinDan posted...

Duh..wish I would have saw this post earlier.
Can you show me where the charts reagrding each familiar are here at gamefaqs?
How about maps?
Where are the game designer interviews and concept art at here at gamefaqs?
How about a creature indes and lists of ingredients and items?
Where that stuff at here at gamefaqs?
---
Are you a bug, Bill Murray?
#9Xenoslayer33Posted 1/22/2013 11:56:41 AM
WhalinDan posted...

Nowadays, guides are more for collection purposes. They're often filled with art and high quality images, and as an added bonus they typically include well formatted tables and other information that is aesthetically pleasing.

Much better than surfing gamefaqs.
---
{Circus Maximus, Dream Theater, Blind Guardian, Evergrey, Rush, Porcupine Tree, Pain of Salvation, Symphony X, Kamelot, Nightwish, Vanden Plas} Progulus.com
#10SkriblZzPosted 1/22/2013 11:58:37 AM
Gandalf the Istari posted...
SkriblZz posted...

XIII is literally on rails though.

Yes, but I like CTRL+F, too. lol
I like my guides, but eh. I think the only one I've actually cared to use is Dragon's Dogma, just for the job descriptions. Everything else in these guides I like figuring out myself. It's just nice to know I have it there for reference.
---
PSN: Skribz666 | Xbox Live: SkriblZz | Nintendo Network: SkriblZz