I didn't think I'd be annoyed with this game.

#11trenkenPosted 1/22/2013 7:43:59 PM
BlackFeathers posted...
The dialogue is cheesy. (I'll fetch the doctor??? Seriously... Fetch?) And Drippy's voice is annoying.

And why is Drippy so ugly? :/

10 year olds love it though!
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#12zeik56Posted 1/22/2013 7:46:06 PM
What in the world is wrong with the word "fetch"? That's an extremely weird thing to nitpick about.
---
~Mirror, mirror, on my floor, am I the prettiest at the store?
#13johnbleuPosted 1/22/2013 7:48:47 PM
I will agree that the dialogue so far (I'm only 3 hours in) is a bit cheezy, but I definitely don't find it annoying. It's just more...light-hearted? And the world and gameplay more than make up for it imo. Really loving the game!
---
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#14BreyantPosted 1/22/2013 7:48:50 PM
I'm surprised there hasn't been a mention of "Jeepers creepers!" or "Oh knickers!" lol
#15EnsanguinePosted 1/22/2013 8:09:28 PM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/DLJJ/stop-trying-to-make-fetch-happen/image.png
---
"I'm more of a softcore gamer. I'll play naked, but I won't let you see the good stuff." - to_marcus
#16BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 8:16:17 PM
I was just hoping for a JRPG with some serious dialogue for a change. Not always cutesie, it gets old... I feel like I'm playing a game made for young kids

This reminds me of Brave Story...
---
This is a Message Board. If you can't handle people criticizing a game that they've ALSO paid money for, then your parent's should have raised you better. :/
#17MuflagginPosted 1/22/2013 8:16:35 PM
The dialogue is cheesy. (I'll fetch the doctor??? Seriously... Fetch?) And Drippy's voice is annoying.

And why is Drippy so ugly? :/

I didn't mind his voice from what I heard at first...but the more I heard it it really started to grate on me. It's way too overbearing.
---
"In the real world. You see that's where most people live and that's where Lara Croft is more well-known than Mario." - LuminescentRule
#18Makiki_89Posted 1/22/2013 8:17:19 PM
boring_name posted...
The word "fetch" is cheesy? I guess fetch still hasn't happened yet.

Bless you for making a Mean Girls reference.
#19megax11Posted 1/22/2013 8:25:28 PM
BlackFeathers posted...
I was just hoping for a JRPG with some serious dialogue for a change. Not always cutesie, it gets old... I feel like I'm playing a game made for young kids

Are you joking?

All of these gritty crap Ameican RPG's, and even crappy JRPG's like the endless dungeon crawlers, or Hallway Fantasy XIII and Troll Ending Fantasy XIII-2, aren't serious enough for you?

Gamers these days... so spoiled and always feeling self-entitled.

This game, so far, is looking to join Xenoblade as the best RPG's of the past 10 years. If japan made as good of RPG's as Xenoblade and Ni No Kuni, maybe Americans would respect them again like we once did. They don't make them like this anymore.
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1356 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28 Wii U: GameMaster1178
#20BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 8:28:56 PM
megax11 posted...
BlackFeathers posted...

Are you joking?

All of these gritty crap Ameican RPG's, and even crappy JRPG's like the endless dungeon crawlers, or Hallway Fantasy XIII and Troll Ending Fantasy XIII-2, aren't serious enough for you?

Gamers these days... so spoiled and always feeling self-entitled.

This game, so far, is looking to join Xenoblade as the best RPG's of the past 10 years. If japan made as good of RPG's as Xenoblade and Ni No Kuni, maybe Americans would respect them again like we once did. They don't make them like this anymore.

Maybe if they stop making them with so much cheesy dialogue and have a more serious and grownup story like the old "Square" games people would respect them again. The only real complaint I have is the kiddie dialogue. I'm an adult. I like adult things. I don't want to feel like I'm playing Nick Jr. RPG...
---
This is a Message Board. If you can't handle people criticizing a game that they've ALSO paid money for, then your parent's should have raised you better. :/