I didn't think I'd be annoyed with this game.

#21Yuji KaidoPosted 1/22/2013 8:30:15 PM
I don't mind cheesy dialogue as long as it's well written.
---
Sazh - Racist caricature and worst FF character ever. Don't agree ? Your problem.
You can't cook, you won't get naked...what are you even good for ?! - Yosuke
#22suzukimatsuiPosted 1/22/2013 8:32:51 PM
BlackFeathers posted...
megax11 posted...
BlackFeathers posted...
I was just hoping for a JRPG with some serious dialogue for a change. Not always cutesie, it gets old... I feel like I'm playing a game made for young kids

This reminds me of Brave Story...

Are you joking?

All of these gritty crap Ameican RPG's, and even crappy JRPG's like the endless dungeon crawlers, or Hallway Fantasy XIII and Troll Ending Fantasy XIII-2, aren't serious enough for you?

Gamers these days... so spoiled and always feeling self-entitled.

This game, so far, is looking to join Xenoblade as the best RPG's of the past 10 years. If japan made as good of RPG's as Xenoblade and Ni No Kuni, maybe Americans would respect them again like we once did. They don't make them like this anymore.

Maybe if they stop making them with so much cheesy dialogue and have a more serious and grownup story like the old "Square" games people would respect them again. The only real complaint I have is the kiddie dialogue. I'm an adult. I like adult things. I don't want to feel like I'm playing Nick Jr. RPG...

And here you fail to realize that this game is a collaboration between level AND Studio Ghibli in which these kinds of themes were going to be used. You have no one to blame but yourself for not knowing the kind of game you were getting into
#23QuiotuPosted 1/22/2013 8:35:12 PM
You do realize that this is supposed to be set in the 1950's, right? Or did the cars, the dialogue, the clothes, or the fact that most Miyazaki films set on the planet Earth is set during this period pass you by?

Was an episode of Happy Days, then tell me it's not true to the period. People acted and talked differently 60 years ago. BREAKING NEWS!
---
Just one call will cure it all. Take my toll, and break my fall.
Come and join my little war. You could be my broken whore.
#24BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 8:36:36 PM
suzukimatsui posted...
BlackFeathers posted...
megax11 posted...
BlackFeathers posted...
I was just hoping for a JRPG with some serious dialogue for a change. Not always cutesie, it gets old... I feel like I'm playing a game made for young kids

This reminds me of Brave Story...

Are you joking?

All of these gritty crap Ameican RPG's, and even crappy JRPG's like the endless dungeon crawlers, or Hallway Fantasy XIII and Troll Ending Fantasy XIII-2, aren't serious enough for you?

Gamers these days... so spoiled and always feeling self-entitled.

This game, so far, is looking to join Xenoblade as the best RPG's of the past 10 years. If japan made as good of RPG's as Xenoblade and Ni No Kuni, maybe Americans would respect them again like we once did. They don't make them like this anymore.

Maybe if they stop making them with so much cheesy dialogue and have a more serious and grownup story like the old "Square" games people would respect them again. The only real complaint I have is the kiddie dialogue. I'm an adult. I like adult things. I don't want to feel like I'm playing Nick Jr. RPG...

And here you fail to realize that this game is a collaboration between level AND Studio Ghibli in which these kinds of themes were going to be used. You have no one to blame but yourself for not knowing the kind of game you were getting into

NO I blame the writers for making the dialogue extra "kiddie". Hell I bought Tales of Vesperia with out knowing what I was getting into and it was fine. Why would the customer be to blame???
---
This is a Message Board. If you can't handle people criticizing a game that they've ALSO paid money for, then your parent's should have raised you better. :/
#25LeanaunfurledPosted 1/22/2013 8:38:13 PM
Why would the customer be to blame???

Because you failed to do basic research. Take the game back and stop whining about fetch, then.
---
Now Reading: Dunk and Egg
Just Read: Wheel of Time: Eye of the World
#26Urim_NorgythPosted 1/22/2013 8:38:49 PM
NO I blame the writers for making the dialogue extra "kiddie". Hell I bought Tales of Vesperia with out knowing what I was getting into and it was fine. Why would the customer be to blame???

Because you live in a time where the world's information is available at your fingertips. It's noone's fault but your own if you're not intelligent enough to sufficiently research something before you spend money on it. You're completely to blame for everything wrong in your life.
#27suzukimatsuiPosted 1/22/2013 8:42:00 PM
Why would it be the customers fault you say? I don't know when you were seriously considering on picking up the game but theoretically if you we're interested since last year you have had more than over a year to take a look at the game and do some research about. Now if you just picked it up on a whim, there was also the fact that you could have tried the demo and formed your opinions from that rather than going into the game blind.
#28BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 8:42:19 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#29Yuji KaidoPosted 1/22/2013 8:46:28 PM(edited)
BlackFeathers posted...
Ok all of you just STFU! Grow up. You act like you can't handle someone not liking something about the game they ****ing paid money for. How the **** was I supposed to know the damn dialogue was going to be corny???? Stop being stupid emotional defense squads. That's what's wrong with the game industry. Stupid blind loyal fans take anything fed to them...

Telling me to take the game back? Did I say I don't like the damn game? NO I just said the dialogue is corny. Did I say the gameplay is bad. NO!

Lmao. Someone's nerve has been struck.
---
Sazh - Racist caricature and worst FF character ever. Don't agree ? Your problem.
You can't cook, you won't get naked...what are you even good for ?! - Yosuke
#30QuiotuPosted 1/22/2013 8:45:51 PM
BlackFeathers posted...
Ok all of you just STFU! Grow up. You act like you can't handle someone not liking something about the game they ****ing paid money for. How the **** was I supposed to know the damn dialogue was going to be corny???? Stop being stupid emotional defense squads. That's what's wrong with the game industry. Stupid blind loyal fans take anything fed to them...

Telling me to take the game back? Did I say I don't like the damn game? NO I just said the dialogue is corny. Did I say the gameplay is bad. NO!

I feel the need to criticize anyone who could've removed the guess work entirely by watching some videos, looking up some information on the game, or I dunno... playing the demo. You weren't ignorant about the game because of a lack of information... you were ignorant about the game because you were lazy. You don't get sympathy for that, sorry.
---
Just one call will cure it all. Take my toll, and break my fall.
Come and join my little war. You could be my broken whore.