I didn't think I'd be annoyed with this game.

#31Urim_NorgythPosted 1/22/2013 8:47:01 PM
You try to pluralise a word using an apostrophe in your sig. You're an illiterate, ignorant fool. Forget the game industry, people like you are what's wrong with society.

Generously opt out, please.
#32BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 8:49:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#33StrawHatLustigPosted 1/22/2013 8:49:03 PM
Quote:Ok all of you just STFU! Grow up. You act like you can't handle someone not liking something about the game they ****ing paid money for. How the **** was I supposed to know the damn dialogue was going to be corny???? Stop being stupid emotional defense squads. That's what's wrong with the game industry. Stupid blind loyal fans take anything fed to them...

Telling me to take the game back? Did I say I don't like the damn game? NO I just said the dialogue is corny. Did I say the gameplay is bad. NO!

@BlackFeathers

This right here was more childish then anything in this game.
---
Currently playing:Resident Evil 6, Dead or Alive 5, Tokyo Jungle, Dishonored, One Piece Pirate Warriors, Retro City Rampage, Borderlands 2
#34OmegaDL50Posted 1/22/2013 8:52:13 PM(edited)
Too many people are riding on the new game cloud 9 / hype train.

Level-5 is known for doing flavor text in their RPGs. Take Dragon Quest 8 for instance which used primarily European English voice cast with accents ranging from Cockney to strong British accent flavor riddled through it's text.

If you were expecting a strong American VO riddled with Johnny Yong Bosche, Wendee Lee, Steven Jay Blum, or Yuri Lowenthal which are endlessly reused from title to title, you won't find them here.

For that reason the voice work is refreshing and different. It gets tiring hearing the typical expected rehash-a-actor doing the VA you'd typically expect.

New and Fresh talent can be a good thing.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.
#35Urim_NorgythPosted 1/22/2013 8:50:35 PM
And I don't need sympathy from a random on the other side of the computer...

Considering the fact that your keyboard is likely drenched in tears at this point, it would seem that you do.
#36heartlessprinnyPosted 1/22/2013 8:51:28 PM
BlackFeathers posted...
I was just hoping for a JRPG with some serious dialogue for a change. Not always cutesie, it gets old... I feel like I'm playing a game made for young kids

This reminds me of Brave Story...

Play Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics, Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy XII, or Crimson Shroud then. In other words any game Matsuno directed.
#37BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 8:52:19 PM
Urim_Norgyth posted...
And I don't need sympathy from a random on the other side of the computer...

Considering the fact that your keyboard is likely drenched in tears at this point, it would seem that you do.

So now you're just wasting topic space making post that aren't true. get a life... You could be doing something more useful than looking in a random guys topic making silly post...
---
This is a Message Board. If you can't handle people criticizing a game that they've ALSO paid money for, then your parent's should have raised you better. :/
#38QuiotuPosted 1/22/2013 8:52:55 PM
BlackFeathers posted...
Quiotu posted...
BlackFeathers posted...
Ok all of you just STFU! Grow up. You act like you can't handle someone not liking something about the game they ****ing paid money for. How the **** was I supposed to know the damn dialogue was going to be corny???? Stop being stupid emotional defense squads. That's what's wrong with the game industry. Stupid blind loyal fans take anything fed to them...

Telling me to take the game back? Did I say I don't like the damn game? NO I just said the dialogue is corny. Did I say the gameplay is bad. NO!

I feel the need to criticize anyone who could've removed the guess work entirely by watching some videos, looking up some information on the game, or I dunno... playing the demo. You weren't ignorant about the game because of a lack of information... you were ignorant about the game because you were lazy. You don't get sympathy for that, sorry.

You my friend, are a moro. So I should've researched the game to see if it had cheesy dialogue? FAIL...

I did... I knew it was basically taking place in the 1950's. I knew it was a period piece, like a lot of things Miyazaki does. So I dunno... I guess we just can't all be good at researching a $60 purchase, or something. Nothing to be ashamed of.
---
Just one call will cure it all. Take my toll, and break my fall.
Come and join my little war. You could be my broken whore.
#39terminal21Posted 1/22/2013 8:53:42 PM
"I was just hoping for a JRPG with some serious dialogue"

So you purchased a game that looks like a cartoon with a 13 year old protagonist.

Sound plan.

It's both light and serious at times. I'm not super far in but it seems excellent so far.

About half of what drippy says isn't even english, it's welsh gibberish, and your example of his dialogue was 'fetch'? Another failed thread.
#40BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 8:54:04 PM
heartlessprinny posted...
BlackFeathers posted...
I was just hoping for a JRPG with some serious dialogue for a change. Not always cutesie, it gets old... I feel like I'm playing a game made for young kids

This reminds me of Brave Story...

Play Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics, Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy XII, or Crimson Shroud then. In other words any game Matsuno directed.

Finally someone without their heads up their behinds comments something useful...

Thanks, I'll check out Crimson Shroud...
---
This is a Message Board. If you can't handle people criticizing a game that they've ALSO paid money for, then your parent's should have raised you better. :/