I didn't think I'd be annoyed with this game.

#41Urim_NorgythPosted 1/22/2013 8:55:28 PM
So now you're just wasting topic space making post that aren't true. get a life... You could be doing something more useful than looking in a random guys topic making silly post...

I didn't pick you at random. I read your topic and decided to make you feel bad about your blatant stupidity. I played this game all day and now I'm unwinding before bed.

The seconds I use to type these posts will hardly be missed.
#42BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 8:57:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#43the_requiemPosted 1/22/2013 8:59:17 PM
*scratches head*

What is cheesy about "fetch" the doctor? I don't get it. What is there to complain about? Can anyone enlighten me?
---
[PSN:wreck_em]
Borderlands 2: Maya-10, Zero-50, Axton-25, Sal-50
#44Urim_NorgythPosted 1/22/2013 9:00:13 PM(edited)
It's certainly getting a reaction out of you, despite your denial. I'm sorry you were born without common sense. If it's any consolation, people like you seem to be the norm these days.

A pity. We need another WW or something, I think.
#45BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 9:00:33 PM
Quiotu posted...
BlackFeathers posted...
Quiotu posted...
BlackFeathers posted...
Ok all of you just STFU! Grow up. You act like you can't handle someone not liking something about the game they ****ing paid money for. How the **** was I supposed to know the damn dialogue was going to be corny???? Stop being stupid emotional defense squads. That's what's wrong with the game industry. Stupid blind loyal fans take anything fed to them...

Telling me to take the game back? Did I say I don't like the damn game? NO I just said the dialogue is corny. Did I say the gameplay is bad. NO!

I feel the need to criticize anyone who could've removed the guess work entirely by watching some videos, looking up some information on the game, or I dunno... playing the demo. You weren't ignorant about the game because of a lack of information... you were ignorant about the game because you were lazy. You don't get sympathy for that, sorry.

You my friend, are a moro. So I should've researched the game to see if it had cheesy dialogue? FAIL...

I did... I knew it was basically taking place in the 1950's. I knew it was a period piece, like a lot of things Miyazaki does. So I dunno... I guess we just can't all be good at researching a $60 purchase, or something. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Who cares about 60 dollars? If it's an issue, you shouldnt be buying video games anyway. I'm freaking loaded. I buy every RPG that comes out just to support RPG makers. Some RPGs I'm pleased with, some I'm not. I simply came here to say this game has cheesy dialogue and you people got your panties in a bunch. Not all RPGs with kids have cheesy dialogue...
---
This is a Message Board. If you can't handle people criticizing a game that they've ALSO paid money for, then your parent's should have raised you better. :/
#46BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 9:03:15 PM
Urim_Norgyth posted...
It's certainly getting a reaction out of you, despite your denial. I'm sorry you were born without common sense. If it's any consolation, people like you seem to be the norm these days.

A pity. We need another WW or something, I think.

Na. I'm calm sipping jamaican rum, talking to this chick and wasting my time talking to a weirdo named Urim Norgyth. I just like to argue with people who say stupid things. You're not getting a rise out of me. I'm playing this game and typing...
---
This is a Message Board. If you can't handle people criticizing a game that they've ALSO paid money for, then your parent's should have raised you better. :/
#47OmegaDL50Posted 1/22/2013 9:05:41 PM
I believe the real issue here isn't the fact the dialog being "cheesy" but the fact the dialog isn't the typical American English you expected.

I guess you also probably thought the dialog for DQ8 was "cheesy" when the fact of the matter it's just accented. Yes, the more I read this topic the more glaringly obvious the issue is about the accents being of European flavour, rather then the typical American rent-a-voice talent people have become complacent with.

'Tis a pity. variety is the spice of life. T'would be rubbish if one had to bore their ears with the same stuff all the time.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.
#48BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 9:08:58 PM
OmegaDL50 posted...
I believe the real issue here isn't the fact the dialog being "cheesy" but the fact the dialog isn't the typical American English you expected.

I guess you also probably thought the dialog for DQ8 was "cheesy" when the fact of the matter it's just accented. Yes, the more I read this topic the more glaringly obvious the issue is about the accents being of European flavour, rather then the typical American rent-a-voice talent people have become complacent with.

'Tis a pity. variety is the spice of life. T'would be rubbish if one had to bore their ears with the same stuff all the time.

Nope, now you're just assuming. And you know what they say about people that assume :).

I love European accents. Drippy sounds like a Jamaican speaking with a European accent. It's just odd to ME
---
#49dark trunksPosted 1/22/2013 9:11:31 PM
the_requiem posted...
*scratches head*

What is cheesy about "fetch" the doctor? I don't get it. What is there to complain about? Can anyone enlighten me?

I was wondering that. I can't speak for the rest of the U.K, but my family has commonly used the term "fetch" in terms of fetching a doctor, fetching an item - "I'll just pop around the corner and fetch some milk" - and more.

There's nothing "corny" about it at all. I realise they are trying to represent America as the characters home, but as someone already said, it takes place in their 40's/50's, and that sort of dialogue does fit, and considering they seem to have also used various accents like English and Welsh, I'm sure they mixed everything together.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#50LeanaunfurledPosted 1/22/2013 9:11:44 PM
Well this is really amusing, with TC being very upset.
---
http://i.imgur.com/INrw2.gif
http://i.imgur.com/4RgpO.gif