So what exaxtly does fullness and familiarity mean? And growth limit?

#1DemonBuffetPosted 1/22/2013 7:28:58 PM
Do the familiars evolve?
#2ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/22/2013 7:32:28 PM
Fullness has to do with the treats you feed them to get their familiarity up. Certain treats boost certain stats which some Familiars like more than others.

I believe once you get their Familiarity to a certain level, they can use more trick slots or something.

And they do evolve.
#3generalhsPosted 1/22/2013 7:34:20 PM
Fullness is a limit of how many treats you can give a familiar. The more full it is, the longer it takes to go down, iirc, so don't feed them too much.

Familiarity is from giving them treats. It mostly opens up new tricks from what I've seen.

Growth limit is basically the maximum level that familiar can hit before evolving becomes necessary.
#4jackstar_rockPosted 1/22/2013 7:39:25 PM
Each familiar has a fullness meter. You can only feed it 10 times before they get full. Each battle you fight reduces that by 1 bar, so 10 random battles = fullness meter is emptied, in which you can feed your familiar again.

Familiarity = no. of bonus stat points you can get per familiar. This is represented by the number of hearts on screen. 1 heart = 10 stats. 5 hearts = 50 stat points. Each time you feed a familiar food - any food, not just its favorite - that heart gets filled up. Their favorite food just fills up the heart faster.

Growth limit = this question is so easy to answer, I'll let my imaginary butler deal with it. >.>
#5DemonBuffet(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 7:43:49 PM
Thank you for the clear answers :D
I love this message board!!!
#6DemonBuffet(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 7:48:21 PM
One more question, how do I know what treats my familiars like?
My Mitey gets happy and produces hearts when he eats choco bars, that's bonus right?
#7zeo989Posted 1/22/2013 7:54:01 PM
If you look in your Wizard's Companion and read the description of each genus it will tell you there for example Milites like chocolate where as Bestiae like ice cream.
#8Hayate KanumaPosted 1/23/2013 7:13:28 PM
jackstar_rock posted...
Each familiar has a fullness meter. You can only feed it 10 times before they get full. Each battle you fight reduces that by 1 bar, so 10 random battles = fullness meter is emptied, in which you can feed your familiar again.

Familiarity = no. of bonus stat points you can get per familiar. This is represented by the number of hearts on screen. 1 heart = 10 stats. 5 hearts = 50 stat points. Each time you feed a familiar food - any food, not just its favorite - that heart gets filled up. Their favorite food just fills up the heart faster.

Growth limit = this question is so easy to answer, I'll let my imaginary butler deal with it. >.>

To be super clear here, the familiarity level isn't something you have to try to max out yourself by feeding it the treats it likes instead of ones it doesn't, but is just another indicator of overall progress that fills up on it's own as you feed the bastard?

In other words I don't have to worry about capping my familiarity hearts before hitting the 10 growth limit? 'Cuz my Mite is at 1 and 1/2 heart, and you start with 1 heart, and 7/10 growth limit, almost exclussively eating chocolate.
---
What do you call 30,000 fanboys at the bottom of the sea?
Meanwhile at the fog shrouded shopping district; 'Mysterious voice': "...."
#9LightHawKnightPosted 1/23/2013 7:15:35 PM
generalhs posted...
Fullness is a limit of how many treats you can give a familiar. The more full it is, the longer it takes to go down, iirc, so don't feed them too much.

Familiarity is from giving them treats. It mostly opens up new tricks from what I've seen.

Growth limit is basically the maximum level that familiar can hit before evolving becomes necessary.

Never once heard of that. Fullness goes down by battles, so totally full doesn't matter, you just fight more to lower back to 0 cause it is fuller.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#10jackstar_rockPosted 1/23/2013 7:42:08 PM(edited)
Hayate Kanuma posted...
To be super clear here, the familiarity level isn't something you have to try to max out yourself by feeding it the treats it likes instead of ones it doesn't, but is just another indicator of overall progress that fills up on it's own as you feed the bastard?

In other words I don't have to worry about capping my familiarity hearts before hitting the 10 growth limit? 'Cuz my Mite is at 1 and 1/2 heart, and you start with 1 heart, and 7/10 growth limit, almost exclusively eating chocolate.

Yup, that's it in a nutshell, since each heart it gets give you another 10 more stat points to pump, up to a total of 50. You don't have to feed it its favorite food, though it was pointed out that if you do so, familiarity grows faster using less food = saves money.

BUT, take note that there is currently no known way to reset these Growth Limit points.

edit: Yup, Growth Limit points are a flat 50 points of bonuses. Leveling them up only gives 1~3 points on every stat when I had 7~10 points of GL points pumped into their attack and magic attack stat.