What are things you could do to better catch a familiar?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  3. What are things you could do to better catch a familiar?
4 years ago#1
Driving them to the lowest pixel of health as much as possible?
Any tips ?

The babanas familiar needed for the errand is driving me insane, dropping them to their minuscule health still refuse to show their yucky hearts.
"The most important thing can't be seen with the eyes."-Words written on Tatsuya's lighter
4 years ago#2
i really think that catch rate is random
4 years ago#3
You actually have to defeat them for those hearts to show up. After they lost all their health there is a chance they will stand up again with those hearts above their head.

I think the standard chance for that to happen is around 25% and going down as far as 4% for rare types of familiars.
4 years ago#4
So in other words, the fastest way is to just kill them and cross your fingers?
That I can do :D , I got sick of trying to get to their lowest health.
Thanks!
"The most important thing can't be seen with the eyes."-Words written on Tatsuya's lighter
4 years ago#5
Yeah, pretty much. LIke I said, the percentages are rather low. I spent several hours trying to get 2 specific familiars I really wanted. I just couldnīt get them. And both times once I had given up on them the next time I encountered them in battle I managed to catch them. So I think the game actually enjoys torturing players. :)

Btw, I think there are merit rewards later on which can raise your chance of catching familiars but Iīm not a 100% sure.
  1. Boards
  2. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  3. What are things you could do to better catch a familiar?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived