What are things you could do to better catch a familiar?

#1sakuracreamPosted 1/23/2013 6:59:41 AM
Driving them to the lowest pixel of health as much as possible?
Any tips ?

The babanas familiar needed for the errand is driving me insane, dropping them to their minuscule health still refuse to show their yucky hearts.
---
"The most important thing can't be seen with the eyes."-Words written on Tatsuya's lighter
#2stier27Posted 1/23/2013 7:02:01 AM
i really think that catch rate is random
#3Deadeye666Posted 1/23/2013 7:05:27 AM
You actually have to defeat them for those hearts to show up. After they lost all their health there is a chance they will stand up again with those hearts above their head.

I think the standard chance for that to happen is around 25% and going down as far as 4% for rare types of familiars.
#4sakuracream(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 7:16:18 AM
So in other words, the fastest way is to just kill them and cross your fingers?
That I can do :D , I got sick of trying to get to their lowest health.
Thanks!
---
"The most important thing can't be seen with the eyes."-Words written on Tatsuya's lighter
#5Deadeye666Posted 1/23/2013 7:26:22 AM
Yeah, pretty much. LIke I said, the percentages are rather low. I spent several hours trying to get 2 specific familiars I really wanted. I just couldnīt get them. And both times once I had given up on them the next time I encountered them in battle I managed to catch them. So I think the game actually enjoys torturing players. :)

Btw, I think there are merit rewards later on which can raise your chance of catching familiars but Iīm not a 100% sure.