I seriously hope playstation does away with disc based game installs.

#1shaioneiPosted 1/23/2013 9:49:05 AM(edited)
I'm tired of having to install data just to play a game I wonder why a supposed inferior system like the 360 requires no install to play most multiplat games but ps3 does...what's the deal? Considering the rumors about ps4 probably not gonna though.
---
Psn:Chaoshaionei
Gamertag:shaionei
#2kamikaze135Posted 1/23/2013 9:48:52 AM
That's up to the developer and how well they optimize their game.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#3flashfactor7Posted 1/23/2013 9:49:25 AM
Because the PS3 has better graphics etc and it cuts down on the load times..

Just suck it up and wait the 10 minutes for the install.
---
PSN & twitch.tv - flashfactor7
Playing & Streaming: Ni No Kuni
#4shaionei(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 9:53:44 AM(edited)
Game installs are the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard on consoles unless it's digital content there is no reason why they need to load half the data from the disc onto your system.

It gets very meticulous and annoying when you have multiple games that do the exact same thing and when you are scrapped for memory most of the time you have to delete installs just so that you can play another game that requires a huge install plus a huge patch.
---
Psn:Chaoshaionei
Gamertag:shaionei
#5KratierPosted 1/23/2013 9:51:07 AM
360 requires install times
and 360 would have like 3 discs for games this size and require you to swap it every 5 minutes
#6Gandalf the IstariPosted 1/23/2013 9:51:18 AM
It's because of bluray and load times - if anything we'll probably see the same thing on the next gen xbox when it switches over to bluray also.
#7flyersfan87Posted 1/23/2013 9:54:33 AM
You do understand that while its not required, any intelligent purpose does installs for the 360 as well. If you don't, it overworks the system, builds up way too much heat, and still suffers longer load times. Get used to installs, mandatory or not.
#8VitharPosted 1/23/2013 9:55:34 AM
I fail to see why install is a problem really. It makes stuff run better
---
PSN: Vithar ~ Xbox: Vithar360
#9stekim40Posted 1/23/2013 9:56:24 AM
shaionei posted...
I'm tired of having to install data just to play a game I wonder why a supposed inferior system like the 360 requires no install to play most multiplat games but ps3 does...what's the deal? Considering the rumors about ps4 probably not gonna though.

Jesus Christ, you don't have the patience to wait 10 mins for a game to install?

I even install ALL my Xbox games as it saves wear and tear on the DVD drive.

The HD can access the data much faster and with less stress on the system than loading off the disc.
---
Playing: Far Cry 3, PC Minecraft, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE:Dangerous, GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3
#10PhaseSlaethePosted 1/23/2013 9:56:49 AM
It is actually a good thing that we have to install some data.

Blu-Ray discs are so stupidly massive that the time it takes the PS3 to read all of it is lengthened considerably.

Thus, we install a portion.