I seriously hope playstation does away with disc based game installs.

#11saucy177Posted 1/23/2013 10:02:41 AM
the only game with installs that bothered me was mgs4, and that was because it did it before every new act (but thankfully with the new patch, they introduced full install).

other than that, i think installs are great, and its only 10~15 mins, so usually when i get a new game after classes, i pop it in, let it install and then i go grab food

that way i dont have to eat after its done installing! Maximizing that gaming output =]
---
PSN- Antisophy
360 tag- Boobalashaloopy
#12LightHawKnightPosted 1/23/2013 10:03:16 AM
It takes less than 5 minutes for the install. If you do not have the time for that... Well then something is wrong.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#13k20adamPosted 1/23/2013 10:05:51 AM
As games become more and more complex, this will (and is) going to be the norm. I suggest you deal with it. Sticking with a previous generation of gaming is your only choice at this point.

You are probably the same person who would whine about the load times, an how you should be able to install parts of the game onto the HDD, aren't you?
---
PSN and XBL: DonPantalones
#14castrejon04Posted 1/23/2013 10:06:52 AM
I like to install the my games when the option is available. I just saves loading times and wear and tear on the drive.
---
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa
#15pillerofautumnPosted 1/23/2013 10:07:09 AM
360 requires install times
and 360 would have like 3 discs for games this size and require you to swap it every 5 minutes

360 does require install times, IF you want to install things. It's not mandatory like the PS3. As someone who likes to play sports games, they're a nightmare on the PS3. 10 gigs to play MLB The Show 12? That's 1/4 of my hard drive space for 1 game alone.

And hyperbole aside, so what if you have to switch discs? You can play for hours on a disc without a problem. If standing up and changing a disc is a problem for you, you need to re-evaluate your life and maybe get some more exercise.

When anyone talks about discs on the 360, all I can think of is Metal Gear Solid 4. That game was 1 blu-ray disc, and it still required you to install every chapter. Worst part? It deleted the other installed chapter as the new one installed. I played through the game once and wanted to do a speed run afterwards. Surprised to find out I had to spend 5 minutes at each chapter again to install.

So you really shouldn't be getting on the 360's case when the PS3 is far worse.
#16BurgerTime79Posted 1/23/2013 10:09:12 AM
Blu Ray has a slower speed than regular DVD.
Depending on the size of the game, and the amount of data needed to start a section, a PS3 game would take longer to load. That is why an install on some games is necessary. Otherwise, people would cry and complain that they waited too long to start their game.
Your argument is on the other end of the "damned if you do, damned if you don't".
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#17MidgardDragon99Posted 1/23/2013 10:12:06 AM
Yeah let's force long load times so someone can avoid a 10 minute install! YEAH!
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#18vashtrichamPosted 1/23/2013 10:15:07 AM(edited)
pillerofautumn posted...
360 requires install times
and 360 would have like 3 discs for games this size and require you to swap it every 5 minutes

360 does require install times, IF you want to install things. It's not mandatory like the PS3. As someone who likes to play sports games, they're a nightmare on the PS3. 10 gigs to play MLB The Show 12? That's 1/4 of my hard drive space for 1 game alone.

And hyperbole aside, so what if you have to switch discs? You can play for hours on a disc without a problem. If standing up and changing a disc is a problem for you, you need to re-evaluate your life and maybe get some more exercise.

When anyone talks about discs on the 360, all I can think of is Metal Gear Solid 4. That game was 1 blu-ray disc, and it still required you to install every chapter. Worst part? It deleted the other installed chapter as the new one installed. I played through the game once and wanted to do a speed run afterwards. Surprised to find out I had to spend 5 minutes at each chapter again to install.

So you really shouldn't be getting on the 360's case when the PS3 is far worse.

So someone not wanting to take the time to constantly change discs and there is something wrong with them, but someone not wanting to wait a few minutes to do a install and there is nothing wrong with them. hmmmm
---
I just stabbed a parking attendant... Wheres the button to turn myself in- Hank Hill
#19pillerofautumnPosted 1/23/2013 10:24:00 AM
Give people a choice. Don't force them to do something they don't want to. I have no space on my PS3 at this point, so every new game means I have to delete something else. Now I can't play certain games since they're deleted. And if I do want to play them, I have to delete something else.
#20vashtrichamPosted 1/23/2013 10:29:35 AM
pillerofautumn posted...
Give people a choice. Don't force them to do something they don't want to. I have no space on my PS3 at this point, so every new game means I have to delete something else. Now I can't play certain games since they're deleted. And if I do want to play them, I have to delete something else.

You have a choice, to upgrade your hard drive or to not upgrade your hard drive and then what to delete to make room on your hd
---
I just stabbed a parking attendant... Wheres the button to turn myself in- Hank Hill