I seriously hope playstation does away with disc based game installs.

#61angelXboyPosted 1/23/2013 2:07:46 PM
We need to do this for PC games and whatnot. This isn't new.
---
Talk to me please. I'm soooo loonneellyy ~ <3
#62statikcatPosted 1/23/2013 2:08:09 PM
You don't want to use that big HD in your PS3 to improve your gaming experience? Interesting..
#63Zio_DynePosted 1/23/2013 2:12:30 PM
10 minutes to make the following 50 some odd hours run more smoothly...
By all means; give me the option for even larger installs. I can just go do something else for the measly time it takes.
#64katamoriPosted 1/23/2013 2:14:15 PM
KingisLegend posted...
flashfactor7 posted...
Because the PS3 has better graphics etc and it cuts down on the load times..

Just suck it up and wait the 10 minutes for the install.

Better Graphics? HAHA you make me laugh so hard, seriously every game that's cross platform performs better on the 360 9 out of 10 times. I'm not bashing the PS3 in no way since i do own both but you have to come to the realization that developers have a easier time developing games on the 360 which makes it the superior choice.

Yes and no.It's farther from 9 out of 10 then you would like to admit because it's more like 6 out of 10.Especially since Devs still have room to improve with the ps3 whereas the 360 they have topped out on.
---
PSN:helcalv
#65reincarnator07Posted 1/23/2013 2:33:59 PM
OP, do you know just how slow the PS3 reads Blu Rays? Console loading times are bad enough at their best. If you didn't install games, they would take absolutely forever to load. You need little more than a screwdriver to replace a hard drive on a PS3. If you don't want to do it, fair enough. Just don't whine that you don't have the hard drive space.

Get with the times a little. If the world could sort out its internet a bit, I wish the next generation would just do away with physical media altogether. My steam library would take up several shelves if it was all physical.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#66pillerofautumnPosted 1/23/2013 3:24:28 PM
Didn't say it doesn't I sad it doesn'r really.They are different things btw as I said it's an extremely common tool lol

You said it "really doesn't", which I'm sure you know is completely different than "doesn't really", which you fixed in this recent post.
There is it's called don't post.

You're hilarious. He's still wrong.
#67ArCanaxPosted 1/23/2013 3:37:38 PM
TerraUniverse posted...
I hope we can install the PS4 games completely onto the PS4.

I second this, though it should be made optional and not mandatory
#68Kageblade23Posted 1/23/2013 3:53:10 PM
pillerofautumn posted...
pillerofautumn posted...
You have a choice, to upgrade your hard drive or to not upgrade your hard drive and then what to delete to make room on your hd

Yeah, too bad upgrading the hard drive requires tools. Another thing the 360 does better, a simple pop out hard drive.

And no, your post is in no way a solution to this problem.

O no you will need to use a screwdriver, and yes upgrading to a bigger hard drive is a solution to the problem

O no, you have to wait longer for load times. See, I can do that too.

And no, it's not a solution because the problem is mandatory installs. I can't believe people are actually arguing against more player choice. I bet if they were making all game sales digital, you'd rather have a choice with hard copies.

although i agree with this i also have to disagree upgrading your hard drive is more of a patch than a fix but it bridges the problem and creates more lee-way though the problem still remains that the installs are mandatory rather than choice driven...yes you can wait a little bit longer for a load screen however if the game is loading every 5-10 minuets and the content in the game is rather massive like over 70 hours worth your gonna have about 2-3 minuet load screens after a while all those load screens add up well over 10 minuets on top of that if your constantly letting the console stream the game from the disk rather than the hard drive it puts wear on your disc drive and the system itself for having to search thru a 5+gig blu-ray disc to pull out the bits and pieces its looking for simply because youve run out of room on your hard drive and dont feel like installing a bigger hd. that then becomes a personal problem...and no one can fix that but you...
#69katamoriPosted 1/23/2013 3:57:57 PM
pillerofautumn posted...
Didn't say it doesn't I sad it doesn'r really.They are different things btw as I said it's an extremely common tool lol

You said it "really doesn't", which I'm sure you know is completely different than "doesn't really", which you fixed in this recent post.
There is it's called don't post.

You're hilarious. He's still wrong.

lol stop trying to argue semantics with me and go back to your bridge.
---
PSN:helcalv
#70johanleePosted 1/24/2013 10:16:33 PM
denniedarko posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
It takes less than 5 minutes for the install. If you do not have the time for that... Well then something is wrong.

I have to agree with this fellow.

yup, you can pick your nose while waiting for it :P