To those who received the cancellation due to overselling email

#141Storm83Posted 1/24/2013 1:08:08 AM
I ordered another one and picked 1 day shipping. Lets see what happens.
Here is an update with my phone call I just had with a rep. One hour on wait time and a 45 minute conversation with "Mel"

This is not how you run a business. This is how you run a business into the ground! I will say it again LOUD AND CLEAR. I ordered at 12:58 and my card went through, I got a confirmation email TIMESTAMPED at 12:58 saying everything was cool. I do not need your $20 BS credit to your horrible busted store. I want the game I ordered at 12:58. This in no longer about a video game. This is about treating people like ****. This is about the principle that I ordered it, along with MANY other people who stayed up that day for HOURS waiting for it to go on sale, and then to be told it is SOLD OUT. REALLY? REALLY? What....did you have 22 copies for SALE? Is that all there was? Excuse me but I will not be lied to. I spoke to your Rep "Kyla" who ASSURED me that everything was ok earlier in the evening of Jan 24 2013. I also spoke to a member of the forums on Gamefaqs and he as well had the same conversation with the same person and was told the same thing...Kyla even said my shipping label was made and they were waiting on the shipping company... I then got the email 2 hours later that it was cancelled so I called them back. I talked to "Willard" who said yes it is cancelled and he cant do anything about it. I asked to speak to his supervisor who he had me talk to 15 minutes later. Her name was "Ronnie" is what she said. She also said sorry and she could not do anything about it. She told me if I wanted to speak to a different supervisor to just call back, and if she happened to pick up then to hang up and call back again. I called 1-952-392-2057 one final time and spent an hour on hold. I finally got through to a representative and asked to speak to a manager. She got "Mel" who I spent 45 minutes with asking her how people that bought the game 2 hours after me have the item being shipped in the mail as we speak, but people such as myself who ordered at 12:58 the minute it went up for sale got a cancel email....She had nothing to say but give me a run around and actually said that EVERYONE who ordered on the 17th got cancelled. That is a lie! There are plenty of people who ordered after me on the 17th, 2 hours after me and MANY others, that can track the package on the way to their home... "Mel" told me her id # is 8783583 and also said that they never had extra stock to begin with! I told her that is a lie as well and that it was announced on Facebook that there would be extra stock, hence why we all waited for it to go on sale. Something needs to be done about this. I am Storm83 of Gamefaqs and as I stated, this is how you run a business into the ground!
#142MulderYuffiePosted 1/24/2013 1:13:40 AM
I really hope Digital River goes under and takes Scamco Dontbuy with them.
#143AtmaRagnarok9Posted 1/24/2013 1:16:40 AM
In my mind, there are at least two tragedies here. First, I fear this entire DR debacle has soured the Ni No Kuni experience for far too many a gamer. What should have been a time of excitement and wonder has been replaced with bitterness, outright lies, and frustration. Second, what I also find remarkable is Namco's (as yet) silence on the matter. I understand cancellation emails began coming in today, but I cannot fathom a company sitting back and actively ignoring the (very legitimate) cries of its audience.
---
Goodnight, sweet Prince, and may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.
#144MulderYuffiePosted 1/24/2013 1:19:42 AM
AtmaRagnarok9 posted...
In my mind, there are at least two tragedies here. First, I fear this entire DR debacle has soured the Ni No Kuni experience for far too many a gamer. What should have been a time of excitement and wonder has been replaced with bitterness, outright lies, and frustration. Second, what I also find remarkable is Namco's (as yet) silence on the matter. I understand cancellation emails began coming in today, but I cannot fathom a company sitting back and actively ignoring the (very legitimate) cries of its audience.

They've did this for years about the Tales series don't act surprised.
#145MisterYao777Posted 1/24/2013 1:22:58 AM
Just so you know, the reason you all are on hold for an hour is because you aren't actually talking to DR. You're talking to a call center that DR outsourced their customer service to. It's also the reason for several different answers to the same questions being asked and the reason the employees don't care.

Your best bet is to file a complaint with the BBB and move on.
---
"It mostly comes down to the fact that if you're close enough to touch Batman's cape, you're already unconscious. " - buddhamonster
#146KratierPosted 1/24/2013 1:23:47 AM
not soured, knew what to expect when ordering from digital river
its only been 2 days so you people freaking out need to chill
just go to the nearest retailer and buy the 60$ version
#147AtmaRagnarok9Posted 1/24/2013 1:25:17 AM
MulderYuffie posted...

They've did this for years about the Tales series don't act surprised.

Oh I've been there too, my friend. I pleaded with them (i.e., wrote a kind letter) to bring TOV to the PS3, then to bring it to NA. We all know how the latter turned out. But such is life, I suppose.
---
Goodnight, sweet Prince, and may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.
#148MelficeSeph2Posted 1/24/2013 1:25:34 AM
Storm83 posted...
I ordered another one and picked 1 day shipping. Lets see what happens.
Here is an update with my phone call I just had with a rep. One hour on wait time and a 45 minute conversation with "Mel"

This is not how you run a business. This is how you run a business into the ground! I will say it again LOUD AND CLEAR. I ordered at 12:58 and my card went through, I got a confirmation email TIMESTAMPED at 12:58 saying everything was cool. I do not need your $20 BS credit to your horrible busted store. I want the game I ordered at 12:58. This in no longer about a video game. This is about treating people like ****. This is about the principle that I ordered it, along with MANY other people who stayed up that day for HOURS waiting for it to go on sale, and then to be told it is SOLD OUT. REALLY? REALLY? What....did you have 22 copies for SALE? Is that all there was? Excuse me but I will not be lied to. I spoke to your Rep "Kyla" who ASSURED me that everything was ok earlier in the evening of Jan 24 2013. I also spoke to a member of the forums on Gamefaqs and he as well had the same conversation with the same person and was told the same thing...Kyla even said my shipping label was made and they were waiting on the shipping company... I then got the email 2 hours later that it was cancelled so I called them back. I talked to "Willard" who said yes it is cancelled and he cant do anything about it. I asked to speak to his supervisor who he had me talk to 15 minutes later. Her name was "Ronnie" is what she said. She also said sorry and she could not do anything about it. She told me if I wanted to speak to a different supervisor to just call back, and if she happened to pick up then to hang up and call back again. I called 1-952-392-2057 one final time and spent an hour on hold. I finally got through to a representative and asked to speak to a manager. She got "Mel" who I spent 45 minutes with asking her how people that bought the game 2 hours after me have the item being shipped in the mail as we speak, but people such as myself who ordered at 12:58 the minute it went up for sale got a cancel email....She had nothing to say but give me a run around and actually said that EVERYONE who ordered on the 17th got cancelled. That is a lie! There are plenty of people who ordered after me on the 17th, 2 hours after me and MANY others, that can track the package on the way to their home... "Mel" told me her id # is 8783583 and also said that they never had extra stock to begin with! I told her that is a lie as well and that it was announced on Facebook that there would be extra stock, hence why we all waited for it to go on sale. Something needs to be done about this. I am Storm83 of Gamefaqs and as I stated, this is how you run a business into the ground!

Sir. Paragraphs. Use them. I was actually trying to read your post but got turned off after "TIMESTAMPED".
---
Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride, you're in good hands.- Gene Starwind
#149Storm83Posted 1/24/2013 2:09:33 AM
Im sorry. I know better than that too. I am just heated!
#150NYSoulJah_XPosted 1/24/2013 2:13:24 AM
AtmaRagnarok9 posted...

I agree the other bad thing is that Level 5 may suffer because alot of people may not pick up this game because of Namco and DR.
People should still get the game if you can to support level 5 who has brought out many great games, yes they made the mistake of partnering with namco but did they know it would be like this?
I will still fight with namco for whats mine and more then a $20 refund.
But dont let Level 5 take a hit because of a mistake, Just sucks that you cant just give the money to Level 5 and none to namco or namco should give all the money back to level 5.