To those who received the cancellation due to overselling email

#151MelficeSeph2Posted 1/24/2013 2:14:07 AM
Storm83 posted...
Im sorry. I know better than that too. I am just heated!

It's cool.
---
Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride, you're in good hands.- Gene Starwind
#152hatredcopterPosted 1/24/2013 2:33:08 AM
So I called someone earlier yesterday and they said that my order would still be shipping and then I got an e-mail stating that they oversold and my order would not be fulfilled. I called them again and the person I spoke to this time also said that my order would not be fulfilled. If this is the case I guess I won't ever be buying from Namco or Digital River again. I'll call them again later today and see if I get a different person or a different response, but I'm not holding my breath. This is BS. I DO NOT WANT A CODE FOR $20 OFF MY ORDER. I WANT MY ORDER.
#153demonspider1127Posted 1/24/2013 2:34:11 AM
My shift at work started at 10am on Friday the 17th. I took my laptop with me, walked into the building at 9:55, walked straight to the employee lounge and opened up the WE page so I could refresh it exactly at 10. Long story short, I submitted my order within 30 seconds of the pre-orders going up.

How did I not get my WE?! A week later and I'm barely getting an email saying that they ran out of stock?! WTF?! They shouldn't have charged my card at all if they had no copies to sell! Does anyone know when I can expect my money back? I'm just gonna go buy the game at GameStop (had it pre-ordered there for the steel case but cancelled after I "pre-ordered" the WE from "SCAMCO")
---
PSN ID: Demonspider1127
#154hatredcopterPosted 1/24/2013 2:35:36 AM
demonspider1127 posted...
My shift at work started at 10am on Friday the 17th. I took my laptop with me, walked into the building at 9:55, walked straight to the employee lounge and opened up the WE page so I could refresh it exactly at 10. Long story short, I submitted my order within 30 seconds of the pre-orders going up.

How did I not get my WE?! A week later and I'm barely getting an email saying that they ran out of stock?! WTF?! They shouldn't have charged my card at all if they had no copies to sell! Does anyone know when I can expect my money back? I'm just gonna go buy the game at GameStop (had it pre-ordered there for the steel case but cancelled after I "pre-ordered" the WE from "SCAMCO")

This is exactly what happened to me! But the thing about it is that I ordered mine at 10:00 AM sharp AS SOON AS THEY WENT ON SALE. How is that possible?
#155Storm83Posted 1/24/2013 2:40:22 AM
It went on sale at 12:58 Eastern Time. My confirmation email is time-stamped that same time... I ordered it right away!

How did they run out of stock?
Did they only have enough stock to last 30 seconds?

They need to address this question instead of giving hundreds if not thousands of people the run around.
#156Clutch_KlutzPosted 1/24/2013 2:43:54 AM
Storm83 posted...
It went on sale at 12:58 Eastern Time. My confirmation email is time-stamped that same time... I ordered it right away!

They need to address this question instead of giving hundreds if not thousands of people the run around.

I'm not too sure on the second run time and date.
Are you saying it went on sale soon after midnight on January, 17th or past noon?
I've heard some people getting it and they bought it past 1, but I don't know if they mean am or pm...
#157hatredcopterPosted 1/24/2013 2:44:29 AM
Storm83 posted...

I don't know, but I am personally going to be opening up a complaint with the Better Business Bureau for both Namco Bandai and Digital River and if the issue is not resolved I will never be purchasing another Namco Bandai game. It's a real shame too, because I love Level 5 and Studio Ghibli and I would LOVE to support the western market for this game but I cannot in good faith support these two companies when they do business and treat their customers as such.
#158demonspider1127Posted 1/24/2013 2:55:40 AM
hatredcopter posted...
Storm83 posted...

I don't know, but I am personally going to be opening up a complaint with the Better Business Bureau for both Namco Bandai and Digital River and if the issue is not resolved I will never be purchasing another Namco Bandai game. It's a real shame too, because I love Level 5 and Studio Ghibli and I would LOVE to support the western market for this game but I cannot in good faith support these two companies when they do business and treat their customers as such.

I don't have as much time to game as I used to. I only purchase games that really interest me, and RPGs are my favorite genre. This is the first time I purchase anything through Namco's website and THIS happens?! I don't wanna miss out on a great game. I want my money back so I can at least get the regular edition and the guide.
---
PSN ID: Demonspider1127
#159hatredcopterPosted 1/24/2013 3:00:45 AM
demonspider1127 posted...
hatredcopter posted...
Storm83 posted...

I don't have as much time to game as I used to. I only purchase games that really interest me, and RPGs are my favorite genre. This is the first time I purchase anything through Namco's website and THIS happens?! I don't wanna miss out on a great game. I want my money back so I can at least get the regular edition and the guide.

But is it really worth supporting this type of business practice and poor customer service? I don't think so. I agree, I want to purchase the game very badly but I do not want to support this type of behavior. I will wait until I see it at GameStop and buy it used for a couple dollars cheaper.
#160Storm83Posted 1/24/2013 3:11:10 AM
Clutch_Klutz posted...
Storm83 posted...

I'm not too sure on the second run time and date.
Are you saying it went on sale soon after midnight on January, 17th or past noon?
I've heard some people getting it and they bought it past 1, but I don't know if they mean am or pm...

12:58 pm. It was scheduled for 1pm. They actually had it up 2 minutes early. There is a lot of people who can confirm this too.