To those who received the cancellation due to overselling email

#171whiteninja2000Posted 1/24/2013 6:13:58 AM
I got the email too which is annoying since it was in my spam folder. I'm just going to wait until I can get this cheap or used now. Do they refund the cancellation automatically or do I have to complain to them (used paypal)?
#172adriane23Posted 1/24/2013 6:17:11 AM
MintCream posted...
Santaeid posted...
Anyone not recieve a shippng notification nor the email about not enough for people.

Me! I got my order in at 1:02 on Jan 17th, and received an order conformation. I have yet to receive shipping conformation, but I did not receive the email saying I wasn't getting it. The transaction is still pending on my credit card, or more specifically, "temporarily authorized". It's kind of driving me batty; I wish they'd give me an update.

Did you check your spam folder? I ordered at 12:02pm, my order still says it's in process, the charge went through on my card, but I got the cancellation email in my spam folder last night. Hopefully, it was a mistake, but I sent them an email all the same.
#173Storm83Posted 1/24/2013 6:21:22 AM(edited)
adriane23 posted...
MintCream posted...
Santaeid posted...
Anyone not recieve a shippng notification nor the email about not enough for people.

Me! I got my order in at 1:02 on Jan 17th, and received an order conformation. I have yet to receive shipping conformation, but I did not receive the email saying I wasn't getting it. The transaction is still pending on my credit card, or more specifically, "temporarily authorized". It's kind of driving me batty; I wish they'd give me an update.

Did you check your spam folder? I ordered at 12:02pm, my order still says it's in process, the charge went through on my card, but I got the cancellation email in my spam folder last night. Hopefully, it was a mistake, but I sent them an email all the same.

It is probably not a mistake. I have a time stamp for 12:58 from right when it went up. They confirmed 4 times now on the phone that I will not get it....

I STILL have the shipping label screen showing the weight, my city it is supposed to come to as well as the email with a clear timestamp right on it showing 12:58pm. I Still have a charge on my card....

date: Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM
subject: Namco Bandai Games America - Order Confirmation
mailed-by: digitalriver.com

Label Created On:01/23/2013
Shipped/Billed On:01/23/2013
Type:Package
Weight:2.50 lbs

These people over at Digital River are scumbags...I talked to "Ronnie" the "manager" 15 minutes ago...AGAIN and asked her whats up with your employee Kyla telling me my shipping label is made and the order is 100% confirmed?

I got the typical uhh hurrr ahhh durrr "well you see, the item is not for sale anymore and we are very sorry"

She then began to no joke, giggle and I literally called her out on it. I just snapped and laid into her. I didn't care anymore. Being nice got me nowhere with this "company"

I asked her for her ID # and she told me something in a whisper. I literally said to myself **** this and just went for the gusto " Whats YOUR ID #?" 704302
I told her straight up Im going to complain to every single person that matters. They are going to hear from me. This is seriously such a joke and its like nobody has any b**** to say anything or admit that they are straight up irresponsible.

It seriously sounded like these people just did not care at all. People chatting and laughing in the background. I got her giggling when I asked her whats up with the representative Kyla telling me I am all set, and then her responding that "weeee are very sorry but the item is not going to be shipped as it is completely sold out" 0_o

Those people are ****ing scummers ----> Plain and simple and I speak for a lot of people when I say this. Digital River, I have a time-stamped email for 12:58pm Eastern time.... I do not understand your cancel email you sent me. Period.
#174TiaelPosted 1/24/2013 6:32:58 AM
Ugh, sorry to those who got cancelled, makes me glad I ordered last year, but DR is a freaking joke and this shouldn't have happened.
Why re-open orders this past week if they didn't have the stock available?
---
Ni no Kuni Wizard Edition- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcEGEGpFgRU
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#175Bubble_ManPosted 1/24/2013 6:45:15 AM
I awoke to find that email in my inbox this morning. I sat by my computer and counted down the minutes until the pre-order option became available on the 17th and placed the order as fast as I could. I am utterly disgusted by the incompetence of Digital River and wish I knew about their poor track record before placing the order.

I had the game pre-ordered a Gamestop and cancelled it with the expectation that I'd be getting the Wizard's Edition. I couldn't care less about Namco, but I do feel a bit bad for Level-5 since they'll be losing some sales because of this.
#176DangermanRogersPosted 1/24/2013 6:59:22 AM
DR sucks. This situation sucks.

Funny enough, my company is allowing me to buy MS Office Pro + 2013 for 10$. Corporate perk kinda thing. Of course I jump on that deal and low and behold, DR is the distributor for the program. These fools have their hands in everything.

As much as I dislike them now, there's no way I'm passing up this deal.
#177OverlordLaharlzPosted 1/24/2013 7:00:13 AM
That BS... Playcanada on ebay had like 180 copies on the WE and sold 160 last i check. IF he really get all those copy this will be the biggest piece of **** DR could ever do.
#178NaesakiPosted 1/24/2013 7:28:25 AM
LostFury posted...
Even the standard edition of the game is sold out in most places.

Did they seriously underestimate the demand for this game come release day?

This happens with alot of rpgs that aren't Final Fantasy,

because they are so niche in the west these companies just automatically assume they won't sell more than X amount . its ridiculous

I do wish rpgs were more recognised like they were in the 90's but nope, Extreme Action Games and Shooters are all the average westerner cares about any more

Got to wonder what will happen when the EU version is released on 1st Feb, i mean i ordered mine from www.play.co.uk(com) way back in August, and they sent me an email the other day saying my order was assured but..... I'm still very wary though....

One thing I liked about play.com, is once they ran out of pre-orders for the WE they took it off from public view to stop more people ordering after they ran out so that their hopes aren't shot down and they only take the money when the order is literally ready for shipping
---
Because Shut Up! c.Ishizu Ishtar Yugioh Abridged
#179MintCreamPosted 1/24/2013 7:34:48 AM
adriane23 posted...
MintCream posted...
Santaeid posted...

I've searched my spam and trash folders entirely, and the only email I have from them is the initial conformation email. Holding on to a shred of hope that they're just dragging their feet sending it out. I chose standard shipping. I have a friend nearby who ordered a few minutes later than I did, and got the cancellation email. Holding on to hope.
---
Serious hee-ho. Remember that.
#180ModKnightPosted 1/24/2013 7:35:48 AM
MintCream posted...
adriane23 posted...
MintCream posted...
Santaeid posted...

I've searched my spam and trash folders entirely, and the only email I have from them is the initial conformation email. Holding on to a shred of hope that they're just dragging their feet sending it out. I chose standard shipping. I have a friend nearby who ordered a few minutes later than I did, and got the cancellation email. Holding on to hope.

We can hold hands together. Confirmed order 10AM PST 1/17, paid with debit... standard shipping. NO EMAILS!!! It's like walking through a mine field, our brothers are falling left and right.