To those who received the cancellation due to overselling email

#191flashfactor7Posted 1/24/2013 8:10:14 AM
42972973 posted...
Just got off the phone with them and they said my order is still going through and to ignore the cancellation email. I don't know what to believe, but I'm not getting my hopes up. What a mess!

They been saying that to everyone that calls.

I got 3 day shipping and got the email.

I highly doubt it was sent to everyone without 1day shipping.

They just cancelled all of our orders.
---
PSN & twitch.tv - flashfactor7
Playing & Streaming: Ni No Kuni
#192Procyan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 8:46:12 AM
Yeah don't get your hopes up. Until you see the box in your hands, assume you've been screwed over and file a complaint with the BBB. I did last night and have been adding new information to it since then. You can specifically file a complaint against the HQ for Digital River, which is what I did. I might be naive, but I'm still assuming Namco had no idea this would blow up in their face like it did, and most of the blame rests on DR.

If you are interested in filing a complaint as well, their address is:

Digital River, Inc.
Corporate Headquarters
10380 Bren Road West
Minnetonka, MN 55343
United States

I was able to find it quite easily on the BBB website.
---
PSN and XBL: CloudStrife768
3DS FC: 4511 - 1054 - 7640
#193dillzzPosted 1/24/2013 11:14:17 AM
I ordered in the first 7 minutes of run #2 and mine got canceled.
#194Storm83Posted 1/24/2013 11:20:36 AM
The Wizards Edition went in stock on January 17th at 12:58, a few minutes earlier than expected. I ordered it and paid for it at that moment. I received a confirmation email thanking me for the business and stating my order was complete which is also Time Stamped at 12:58pm. Yesterday I noticed a lot of people saying that their order was being cancelled because the item was oversold. I called up Digital River to ask about the status of my order and was assured by an employee named "Kyla" that the order was 100% ok, that I would receive an email in the next 24 hours when it was shipped, and not to worry because she could see my order was put in at 12:58 right when the item went for sale. A couple of hours later I received an email saying that they were sorry and that my item was cancelled.

Below is a couple of details showing the time I was sent the confirmation email, as well as information about my shipping label that was even made. I do not understand why my item was cancelled and why other people who ordered MUCH later than me are totally ok and their order is being fulfilled. As you know there is a lot of angry fans of the game today, fans of Namco Bandai.
I STILL have the shipping label screen showing the weight, my city it is supposed to come to as well as the email with a clear timestamp right on it showing 12:58pm.

date: Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM
subject: Namco Bandai Games America - Order Confirmation
mailed-by: digitalriver.com

Label Created On:01/23/2013
Shipped/Billed On:01/23/2013
Type:Package
Weight:2.50 lbs
#195hatredcopterPosted 1/24/2013 1:07:26 PM
Destructoid just posted an article linking back to this thread:

http://www.destructoid.com/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch-243081.phtml
#196KratierPosted 1/24/2013 1:18:07 PM
i just checked and the ups thing by reference and it says they made the UPS label for shipping my order
i made that order after i received my first cancellation email
i guess i wont open my 60$ copy of the game until i figure out whether or not DR is gonna send me a WE
#197MelvinSmileyPosted 1/24/2013 1:40:51 PM
Kratier posted...
i just checked and the ups thing by reference and it says they made the UPS label for shipping my order
i guess i wont open my 60$ copy of the game until i figure out whether or not DR is gonna send me a WE

I re-ordered as well after my cancellation and my new order got a shipping label where as my first one never did.. hmmm..
---
If it can't be fixed with pantyhose and fencing wire, it's not worth fixing.
PSN: PointHrO STEAM: PointHrO
#198Semi45aPosted 1/24/2013 1:41:30 PM
horrible 3rd party service of selling the product.
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#199hatredcopterPosted 1/24/2013 1:45:44 PM
MelvinSmiley posted...
Kratier posted...

I re-ordered as well after my cancellation and my new order got a shipping label where as my first one never did.. hmmm..

How did you re-order?
#200MelvinSmileyPosted 1/24/2013 1:59:19 PM(edited)
hatredcopter posted...
MelvinSmiley posted...
Kratier posted...

How did you re-order?

There was a thread about it.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/998014-ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/65266386

EDIT:!! OMG I just got a shipping confirmation email!!!
---
If it can't be fixed with pantyhose and fencing wire, it's not worth fixing.
PSN: PointHrO STEAM: PointHrO