To those who received the cancellation due to overselling email

#71Procyan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 9:21:28 PM
Yup like I said, I'm assuming I'm not getting it, I have it ready to buy on PSN because after looking around my area there are no physical copies left in stock anywhere, but it is worth one last chance to see what happens.
---
PSN and XBL: CloudStrife768
3DS FC: 4511 - 1054 - 7640
#72MelficeSeph2Posted 1/23/2013 9:21:34 PM
ZEOPOWER6 posted...
"Digital River would like to express our sincere apologies for the problems that you had ordering NAMCO BANDAI's Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch™ - Wizard's Edition. Because of an error in our ordering system, the available inventory of Wizard's Edition was oversold by mistake. The good news is because you were among the very first customers to place an order when inventory was available, we still have an opportunity to fulfill your original order. Before we are able to ship your order, we just need to you to contact our customer service department at 952-392-2057 to update your payment method. When you call, please have your order number (*********) available."

This email was also sent out.

Reading this makes me believe that they still have Wizard Editions available.
---
Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride, you're in good hands.- Gene Starwind
#73AtalalamaPosted 1/23/2013 9:28:22 PM
I had contacted my local store (non Gamestop) asking about the game on Tuesday, and learned that they had received a company-wide email stating that there was a ***major*** issue with the supplier, and to not expect any copies on their shelves for several weeks. The other stores I contacted stated they had no idea, it should have been in but they didn't get squat, maybe next week.

Banco does it again...
#74LostFuryPosted 1/23/2013 9:29:08 PM
flashfactor7 posted...
This was a huge waste of time.

Indeed. It's been a stressful day. I'm on hold with them now for the sole purpose of telling them to F off. I had order the WE for my wife because we didn't have the funds when it first went on sale last year. I was able to have extra funds and saw it would be available again on the 17th. She got super excited that I got it for her.

Now today it's been nothing but let downs to only have people from Digital River tell us that our order is safe; thus getting her hopes up only to later on get the email of it being cancelled.

If it wasn't for the fact that she wanted the game so bad I would say F this company and any games they come out with. They don't deserve my money.
#75flashfactor7Posted 1/23/2013 9:34:07 PM
LostFury posted...
flashfactor7 posted...

Indeed. It's been a stressful day. I'm on hold with them now for the sole purpose of telling them to F off. I had order the WE for my wife because we didn't have the funds when it first went on sale last year. I was able to have extra funds and saw it would be available again on the 17th. She got super excited that I got it for her.

Now today it's been nothing but let downs to only have people from Digital River tell us that our order is safe; thus getting her hopes up only to later on get the email of it being cancelled.

If it wasn't for the fact that she wanted the game so bad I would say F this company and any games they come out with. They don't deserve my money.

The thing is its just the US HQ of the company.

It's a shame that they have come so low when the JP company is actually amazing.

I honestly don't know how Namco make it with the crap games they localized and the great ones they overlook.

Now this game will leave a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths because of all the DLC and WE business.

My only concern now is if I'm gonna have to fight for my paypal refund from them.
---
PSN & twitch.tv - flashfactor7
Playing & Streaming: Ni No Kuni
#76bobfish13Posted 1/23/2013 9:36:22 PM
to those who got the e-mail i strongly suggest filing a complaint to the better business bureau
---
Heart Gold: 4426 3674 9482
#77LostFuryPosted 1/23/2013 9:37:26 PM
flashfactor7 posted...
LostFury posted...
flashfactor7 posted...

The thing is its just the US HQ of the company.

It's a shame that they have come so low when the JP company is actually amazing.

I honestly don't know how Namco make it with the crap games they localized and the great ones they overlook.

Now this game will leave a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths because of all the DLC and WE business.

My only concern now is if I'm gonna have to fight for my paypal refund from them.

My concerned now is trying to find a standard edition of the game without having to order it online and thus waiting longer. Obviously my local Game Stop is close, but as far as I can tell all my local retail stores are sold out. Even Best Buy is dried up. This is unacceptable.
#78flashfactor7Posted 1/23/2013 9:39:30 PM
Wow sorry to hear that.

The only reason I'm not trying to blow up Namco right now is because I kept my Amazon order, (part of me knew maybe) and so I got my copy today.

Otherwise I would have freaked out and been calling them nonstop for the rest of the week.
---
PSN & twitch.tv - flashfactor7
Playing & Streaming: Ni No Kuni
#79rumbalumbaPosted 1/23/2013 9:40:59 PM
here is a guy who works at Digital River. probably not the person directly responsible for this division, but he's the SVP at Digi River.

https://twitter.com/souheilbadran
#80NoctisEternalPosted 1/23/2013 9:41:25 PM
I bought a normal copy at gamestop because I couldn't wait for my WE to come...
Now it probably won't be coming at all.

I was playing when I read the email. I saved and shut it off... I don't really even want to play anymore.