Is It Worth Waiting on Metamorphosis?

#1EastwoodXIIIPosted 1/24/2013 7:40:03 AM
How dramatic is the stat difference if you have your familiar metamorphise as soon as that option is available? Or maybe you wait until you have all the particular familiar's abilities unlocked?
#2dudeitscoolPosted 1/24/2013 7:43:00 AM
Well I personally have been letting them level about 2-3 times after the metamorphize icon was first available.

Know this, your familiar screen shows when they will learn tricks so if you want a certain one then level them up to that point then metamorphisize them because all learned tricks carry over instead of having to reset your level to 1 and relevel to get them in the second or third forms.
---
Looking at the big picture is easier on the eyes...
#3statikcatPosted 1/24/2013 7:44:13 AM
Well I think you don't get all the familiar abilities until very high level. If you have the guide you can see how it progress and choose based on that. For example there might be a key ability that looks really powerful or fun a few levels away - might as well wait in that case. Or if you just see generic stuff ahead - or abilities other familiars have you might go ahead and morph him. That is what I plan on doing.
#4statikcatPosted 1/24/2013 7:44:43 AM
Although it appears you can still see a few abilities ahead in the game so you don't really need the guide to get a good idea of what is coming in the near future.
#5captainsquallyPosted 1/24/2013 9:45:04 AM
Does it affect stats or stat gains at all?

For example if I had a Mitey and leveled him to 99 before morphing, compared to one I leveled to 50 before morphing, would the stats of the resulting familiar be affected at all or does it only affect what skills they bring along with them?
---
http://flashyreview.com
Unbiased, Gaming news and views
#6DoomerangPosted 1/24/2013 9:46:42 AM

For example if I had a Mitey and leveled him to 99 before morphing, compared to one I leveled to 50 before morphing, would the stats of the resulting familiar be affected at all or does it only affect what skills they bring along with them?

Yes, it significantly affects starting stats and growth rates. This is confirmed in the strategy guide.
---
Kenshin's the Beauty, Kaoru's the Beast? - Mister_Feeny
Would that make Shishioh the candle guy? - Gettles
#7bleitunaPosted 1/24/2013 9:48:15 AM
Doomerang posted...

Yes, it significantly affects starting stats and growth rates. This is confirmed in the strategy guide.

but all it ends the same stats?
---
Gametag- HapTi
PSN:iramane
#8DoomerangPosted 1/24/2013 9:49:32 AM
but all it ends the same stats?

What? I just said that if you evolve them at a later level, you get better starting stats AND growth rates. How can that end with "same stats"?
---
Kenshin's the Beauty, Kaoru's the Beast? - Mister_Feeny
Would that make Shishioh the candle guy? - Gettles
#9Noata_wryPosted 1/24/2013 9:50:54 AM
If by "significantly" you mean about 20 extra points in a stat, then sure. They already have like 300-400 at max level/evolution.