Is this RPG the best RPG you played on the PS 3, Xbox 360, or Wii?

#51Zio_DynePosted 1/24/2013 1:52:08 PM
I don't think I really have any biases; I'd be more than willing to give any wrpg a shot if one caught my eye, but they very rarely do.
The only one I even remember buying is Jade Empire, which was...alright I suppose. Not a huge fan of Bioware's writing, but the world itself was interesting enough. The battle-system was peculiar; extremely shallow, yet it gave you a ton of options to play around with. At the very least, it didn't fall so squarely into the Tolkien or Lucas categories, which I've never been particularly fond of...
...I guess if (W)SRPGs count I absolutely loved Gladius, lol.
Now that was a fun game.
#52BoomerTheGreatPosted 1/24/2013 1:52:10 PM
Im so happy to be the first to say Dragon Age 2, I also love Fable and the last remnant. I like a bunch but DA2 is at the top
---
Greatness comes from within
#53imerialPosted 1/24/2013 2:00:43 PM
Well there are still quite a few current gen RPGs I haven't played, like Tales of Graces/Vesperia, Nier and Resonance of Fate, not to mention many handheld RPGs
but no, so far it's definitely not the best. To me Dragon's Dogma, Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are all better. I know some people don't count the Souls games as RPGs, but whatever. Personally I find it really difficult to call VC an RPG. It sitll counts as one though.
---
I do got opinion, but i value ign's more. They got a lot of credibility. I don't. -flamechampion23
#54Gandalf the IstariPosted 1/24/2013 2:04:11 PM
I'm going to vote 2nd.

Vesperia still holds it for me - but I haven't finished NNK yet.

And I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles.
#55Virus66Posted 1/24/2013 2:07:43 PM
Xenoblade is my favorite, like many others had said. Ni No Kuni is definitely one of the best though.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#56SkriblZzPosted 1/24/2013 2:08:41 PM
BoomerTheGreat posted...
Im so happy to be the first to say Dragon Age 2, I also love Fable and the last remnant. I like a bunch but DA2 is at the top

YAY! A Last Remnant lover!
---
PSN: Skribz666 | Xbox Live: SkriblZz | Nintendo Network: SkriblZz
#57SkriblZzPosted 1/24/2013 2:09:56 PM
Virus66 posted...
Xenoblade is my favorite, like many others had said. Ni No Kuni is definitely one of the best though.

I am rather surprised to see all of the Xenoblades. I want to get into it, but the game loses me everytime I get to the shin. I was never a fan on MMO style battles, but man. I really want this game to grip me, just never does.
---
PSN: Skribz666 | Xbox Live: SkriblZz | Nintendo Network: SkriblZz
#58Hokiepokie85Posted 1/24/2013 2:31:42 PM
SkriblZz posted...
BoomerTheGreat posted...

YAY! A Last Remnant lover!

Da2? Rly? My fab is DAO. Pc version for slightly better gameplay. I played 360 version as well. I'm also a last remnant fan. One of the few games I went for all the full gamerscore. I stopped with like 50gp left. Was down to one more unique monster and just got fed up. Was great fun for lots of hours though. Ni Ni Kuni is a blast and is probably in my top 5 if it makes this kind of impression on me throughout the game.
#59MSAddictPosted 1/24/2013 2:33:43 PM
It's tying with Xenoblade.

Unless they release the PS3 Vesperia, I don't see them getting beaten.
---
If you ever have to choose between regular heaven and pie heaven, you should choose pie heaven. There may not be any difference, but if there is, oh boy!
#60imjustinPosted 1/24/2013 2:49:44 PM
As for jrpg western titles Xenoblade and ni no kuni are up there for rpg
Skyrim, dark souls, fallout 3.