Mis-translation on the fireball spell?

#1DougyBPosted 1/24/2013 12:00:01 PM
In the wizard book (in-game at least) it says the fireball spell is especially damaging to aquatic creatures? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

I've re-read it several times and baring a massive brain dump on my part it seems like it must have been translated incorrectly or something.
---
b
#2Mage_of_WindPosted 1/24/2013 12:04:58 PM
You ever set a fish on fire? Looks pretty damaging to me.
---
This is the scene where you declare your undying hatred for me. -Seifer
If you persist, for great justice, I'll rearrange your face again! -Nisa
#3FlyojumperPosted 1/24/2013 12:07:44 PM(edited)
Fire and water/ice are opposite elementals in many RPGs. Fire attacks are strong against ice/water monsters and ice/water attacks are strong against fire monsters. What were you expecting fire to be strong against?
---
After extensive lab research, it appears that sterility is indeed hereditary...
#4DougyB(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 12:08:21 PM
Well set anything on fire and it's pretty gnarly, but this is a game.

And judging by every other game I've ever played though it always seemed that water creatures were strong against fire.
---
b
#5DougyB(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 12:08:58 PM
Flyojumper posted...
Fire and water/ice are opposite elementals in many RPGs. Fire attacks are strong against ice/water monsters and ice/water attacks are strong against fire monsters. What were you expecting fire to be strong against?

Plant monsters, like Drippy said.
---
b
#6johnbleuPosted 1/24/2013 12:09:02 PM
Flyojumper posted...

Well, I know fire is strong against plant enemies for sure. I don think it's strong against water, but I know water is strong against fire for sure as well.

I think it may have been an error, unless I'm missing something.
---
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#7ArcDerekPosted 1/24/2013 12:10:33 PM
I trust anything localized by Richard Honeywood to be incredible. This, so far, has been no exception.
#8DougyB(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 12:16:50 PM
ArcDerek posted...
I trust anything localized by Richard Honeywood to be incredible. This, so far, has been no exception.

I don't have any idea what that means as I've never heard of the dude. But did he localize the game or the book as well? For all we know the in game book is just scans of the real pages and inserted it. THey could have been done by another source.
---
b
#9DougyB(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 1:45:52 PM
So are aquatic monsters weak to fire or not? I don't know if we ever got there.
---
b