What was your first RPG?

#371Gildarts002Posted 1/26/2013 4:54:36 PM
when I was younger, I just watched my brother play a lot on the Ps1 and he would occasionally hand me the controller.

First rpg i played and beat on my own was Thousand Arms. I really enjoyed its fantastic dialogue and VA. It's also very funny. Did anyone play this too?
#372OmegaDL50Posted 1/26/2013 4:58:36 PM
The first RPG I ever played was Dragon Warrior on the NES. At the time I didn't know what to do.

It was until Phantasy Star IV, Final Fantasy 6 (III on the SNES at the time), and Chrono Trigger did I really start to enjoy the genre and understand the combat mechanics.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.
#373abnergoinbigPosted 1/26/2013 5:00:42 PM
Mine was Poke'mon. First one on consoles was Final Fantasy 8 on PS1.
#374RockykaiPosted 1/26/2013 5:07:52 PM(edited)
DJGard posted...
Yeah I loved my good old C64 - had so many games for that there are probably loads of RPGs that I had but can no longer remember - not even going to count the old read'n'type adventures from the early PCs either (mainly 'cos I can not remember any of their names) as I am not sure they are what most would class as RPGs.

I held on to the C64 for ages and skipped the NES/Master system era so had to play all those early RPGs on the emulators much later.

I loved that C64 as well. I can't recall the names of the games I had (but I know some of them were really bad) or other games I played on other older PCs. I skipped the entire Sega console line but stayed into Nintendo (but still played very few RPGs that weren't Zelda-ish).

I have many oldies to play through goodoldgames and emulators. I still have yet to play some of the other Gold Box games - how many did you get a chance to try out if I may ask?

What I can't remember is the first turn-based RPG I played.
#375AuRoN2500Posted 1/26/2013 5:09:40 PM
First ever? Final Fantasy VI.

I still remember to this day I had to get help from my brother with Sabin's input command when fighting Vargas.. haha at age 5 i just kept pressing the buttons!!
#376auronrenouillePosted 1/26/2013 5:23:05 PM
First RPG for me? The first Dragon Warrior, although now I'm more of a Final Fantasy person, though I still do love the DW/Q series.

Man, I was so young when it came out, comparatively. I guess only third grade or so.
---
- Time is a river, and history repeats.
#377danl0134Posted 1/26/2013 5:49:32 PM
Either Final Fantasy Legend or Dragon Warrior 1. Can't remember. The first time I got obsessed with an RPG was with Earthbound though.
---
Great job!
PSN - CameraManDan, XBL - CameraManDanXBL
#378KamilPosted 1/26/2013 9:16:32 PM
danl0134 posted...
Either Final Fantasy Legend or Dragon Warrior 1. Can't remember. The first time I got obsessed with an RPG was with Earthbound though.

+1 for Earthbound mention. I made friends back then who hated RPGs fans of that game.
---
slowbeef: Hold on it's the evil wizard who's spinning and striking a pose. And also giant swords, why the hell not.
Retsupurae on Earnest Evans, a wacky game!
#379AnimeDrewPosted 1/26/2013 9:21:14 PM
Original Phantasy Star for the Sega Master system. I was always afraid to advance in the dungeons they scared me when i was little haha!
#380Trey1deathPosted 1/26/2013 9:21:36 PM
It was an NES game. I'm just not sure if it was Dragon Warrior, Ultima, or Final Fantasy
---
I was going to procrastinate today, but decided to put it off until tomorrow.