What was your first RPG?

#51TheOneYouMissedPosted 1/25/2013 6:04:12 AM
The first I ever played was final fantasy 7. Didn't beat it at first 'cause I was so used to action and platformers that I didn't understand rpgs. Then I picked up and beat Xenogears. That's my first complete rpg experience. And it took until the recent xenoblade to top that game for me. Started in '97 to now. So that's 16 years of rpg gaming. Great times.
---
PSN: TheOneYouMissed
Playing: Ni No Kuni Next up: Not sure :/
#52BurgerTime79Posted 1/25/2013 6:05:58 AM
It may not count, but Treasure of Tarmin. It was a bit of a Roguelike or Nethack style game.
Other than that, the next likely RPG would have been Dragon Warrior.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#53Aposter26Posted 1/25/2013 6:07:40 AM
Zelda for Nintendo. If that doesn't count, the other earliest one i can remember is playing Final Fantasy 2 nonstop when I was in 3rd grade.
#54Nophoria88Posted 1/25/2013 6:13:51 AM
Either Final Fantasy (the first NES one) or Dragon Warrior, I couldn't tell you which came first so long ago. It was a good time growing up with the SNES era and the first Pokemon handheld game (blue version lol) was probably the best gaming experience I had as a kid, it was so awesome at the time.
#55AlavardPosted 1/25/2013 6:17:42 AM
I rented Final Fantasy VI several times, but never beat it (until years later).

The first RPG I owned was Breath of Fire II.
#56nekonuzzePosted 1/25/2013 6:17:45 AM
Final Fantasy VI
#57Synthetic_CKPosted 1/25/2013 6:19:15 AM
Final Fantasy then Dragon Warrior on NES. (37 years old) I have my Stepmom to thank for getting me into RPGs. She bought FF which at the time I would have wrote off as boring, but I tried it and never looked back. Can still remember looking up the weapon stats on the poster book that came with the game, to see if the next weapon I was buying was better or worse.
---
LOL@console fanboys. Just because it's the only console YOU own doesn't mean the others suck. Great games on all systems. Get over yourself, shut up and play.
#58Holden_McgroinPosted 1/25/2013 6:21:57 AM
Dungeons and Dragons for the Intellivision.
---
All the ladies love Holden Mcgroin.
#59BurgerTime79Posted 1/25/2013 6:24:28 AM
Holden_Mcgroin posted...
Dungeons and Dragons for the Intellivision.

The one that was relabeled as Cloudy Mountain, or the Treasure of Tarmin one? I'm very familiar with both of them, and the Intellivision is hands down my favorite system of all time.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#60threedownPosted 1/25/2013 6:25:24 AM
final fantasy was my first, i think i was around 13 yo.
i remember not liking it the first time i played it, i died fighting garland and turned it off, i had ninja gaiden, metal gear, life force and a couple other games for the nes which had more action. eventually i got bored of those games and had no way to get any new games. so i gave it another try, leveled up, got some gear, went and beat garland, then they gave me that little intro and opened up that bridge to a whole new area and i was hooked! i think i played thru it 4 or 5 times with different character set ups. its still one of my favorite rpgs.