my purrloiner awaits

#1brwnhawaiinPosted 1/25/2013 1:02:06 PM
Anyone else catch a Purrloiner? He seems to be the coolest familiar to me. I feel like he is a warrior in training, watching Mite...learning, waiting till he matches his level.
---
PSN: FitzNTheFool
#2playboyskitchPosted 1/25/2013 1:03:33 PM
Pretty sure everyone has one since that familiar is good till end game considering how early in the game you can get him.
---
"But just when everyone had let their guard down, a vast number of AIDA tentacles have appeared and pierced Atoli's body...."
#3Soar2344Posted 1/25/2013 1:07:02 PM
Funny because I just got one about 2 hours ago. He's a level 15 so far.
#4ToadWarriorPosted 1/25/2013 1:09:01 PM(edited)
playboyskitch posted...
Pretty sure everyone has one since that familiar is good till end game considering how early in the game you can get him.

Not everyone spoils the game for themselves by reading and following the best ways to do things...

Anyway, yeah I caught one but I'm not using it.
#5playboyskitchPosted 1/25/2013 1:10:25 PM
I spoiled the game for myself? Don't think so, i catch everything before i move on, caught him, looked at stats, decided to level him.
---
"But just when everyone had let their guard down, a vast number of AIDA tentacles have appeared and pierced Atoli's body...."
#6ToadWarriorPosted 1/25/2013 1:13:51 PM
Well I guess, but how could you possibly have known he would be good until end-game based on his starting stats? And how would "everyone" know that?

I just hate guides and cheating at games.
#7playboyskitchPosted 1/25/2013 1:15:23 PM
ToadWarrior posted...
Well I guess, but how could you possibly have known he would be good until end-game based on his starting stats? And how would "everyone" know that?

I didn't until i started leveling myself on the Toka seeing as how he did way more damage then my Mite, now he's level 71 dealing over 100 damage a hit fighting Tokotoko.
---
#8flashfactor7Posted 1/25/2013 1:16:16 PM
ToadWarrior posted...

Guides=/= cheating LOL

Just cause you get tips doesn't mean you are cheating.

What guides tell you anyone can do with trial and error, you're just taking out the trial lol
---
PSN & twitch.tv - flashfactor7
Playing & Streaming: Ni No Kuni
#9HiroshidaPosted 1/25/2013 1:16:28 PM
ToadWarrior posted...

Nothing wrong with chatting with others and offering each another advice. It's not like hey you go upupdowndownleftrightleftrightselectstart for 999k gold!
#10Elswood2112Posted 1/25/2013 1:16:53 PM
I picked one up and just let him gain levels, then once he was almost caught up with my Mite, I decided to level it for real. Now he's one of my main familiars, while Mite is still the best tank (for me, I'll probably get one of those dino things though). Glad I did, because he's pretty cool with the attack animations and is pretty strong to boot. Haven't looked up any strategies online whatsoever, since the wizard companion is the best in-game guidebook ever created...
---
PSN: Elswood2112
Steam/Origin: shirahadori