Jade marbles

#1Hayate KanumaPosted 1/25/2013 6:03:34 PM
Anyone know where they are in *specific* *painful* *detail*? According to one of the new guides they are in the desert, and south autumnia, but they must be up on cliffs that you can't access until you get...an airship? A flying creature? I scoured both areas with bird's eye view on, and got all the gather points I could access.

I just cured the prince in Hamelin and want to do the alchemy royal spear quest asap. Anyone know of a jade marble spawn or monster drop I can actually get to now?
---
What do you call 30,000 fanboys at the bottom of the sea?
Meanwhile at the fog shrouded shopping district; 'Mysterious voice': "...."
#2EgHeadFoolPosted 1/25/2013 6:06:42 PM
The ones in the desert do in fact require the ability to fly. The big island directly northeast of Hamlin has them though.
#3NInjaZiruPosted 1/25/2013 6:08:44 PM(edited)
I literally just got them. You can find one by going straight west and just slightly north from Ding Dong Dell. It should be on a cliff that is next to another cliff with two layers. I found another on the edge of a cliff slightly to the east of Autumnia.

EDIT: And yeah. Both of these require you to fly. I highly suggest dropping everything you're doing and just getting to the point where you can fly. It's amazingly better than trying to walk everywhere.
---
Robert_____Maze:
What? No. There has never been a decent military stratergy in history that has ended with "And then we shoot it with our lazor."
#4EgHeadFoolPosted 1/25/2013 6:11:47 PM(edited)
The one I listed does not require flying (edit: wait, yes it does).
#5Hayate Kanuma(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 6:26:49 PM
EgHeadFool posted...
The one I listed does not require flying (edit: wait, yes it does).

Yes it does ; ; but only barely. You CAN land on that island with the boat, but you can't get up to the precipice with the gather point.
---
#6Hayate Kanuma(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 6:31:22 PM
Bah, so no jade marbles till you can fly? Going out on a limb i'm gonna guess that you get to fly after you find the sky pirate? Which is what I am supposed to be doing.

I just wanted the second alchemy quest because it drives me crazy that things don't appear as formula's in your 'follow the formula' menu even after you discover it via mix and match.

What drives me even more crazy is that the formula's in the wizard companion don't show up. THE BOOK IS IN YOUR HAND KID!
ARGOTEHIBNROIJ

They said early on 'just knowing a rune doesn't mean you can cast it' but alchemy isn't the same principle.

In the rest of the game I like how they make it so if you can suffer through the wizard book you can find stuff early, but in the case of the alchemy lists it just makes no sense, logically.
---