Are there any chest armor that gives magic defense and no decrease to accuracy?

#1LightHawKnightPosted 1/25/2013 10:54:10 PM
My Dinoceros already has terrible beyond belief accuracy, so he shall never ever wield an axe, but armor lowers accuracy as well... Contemplating not wearing any at all, since his defense is already beyond great. Been feeding it as many pies as I can, but I also want to raise its magic defense, so it can take some magic hits too... Not sure if I want an even 25 split with both or just put all 50 into accuracy.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#2baby blastodermPosted 1/28/2013 1:09:03 AM
I'd like to bump this topic.

However, I'd like to find out if there are ANY armors for the Dinoceros & the like which doesn't reduce accuracy.
---
Now Playing: Guild Wars 2, Diablo 3, Borderlands 2, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
PSN: TheEduaves, D3 Tag: Donzyy#6777
#3SkrallRampagerPosted 1/28/2013 1:10:20 AM
I would just feed it pies all the way.
#4ZetgobPosted 1/28/2013 1:47:44 AM
There is only one armor that doesn't reduce accuracy, I'm afraid I can't tell you the English name but you can buy it on the airship near the end of the game and it's also a reward for quest 122. The same vendor also sells a fang accessory that increases accuracy/physical strength.

There are also hammers that don't reduce accuracy by the way, they don't reach as high as strength as the axes that do but are still worth it. The best available is crafted and gives 95str with no downsides. Again I can't give english names, but the recipe for it comes from quest 44. You'll also need to get the recipe for the hammer one grade below it, as it is used in it's synthesis, and that recipe is obtained from talking to a boy in the final game village - the one with the magic quest stone that points to all available quests/is in the path to Jabo's castle/lake of the dead.
#5kkeevvPosted 1/28/2013 2:05:10 AM
Or you could just go full gear and never bother to straight out attack. Trick spam ftw.
---
Check out my quote.
#6ZetgobPosted 1/28/2013 2:09:42 AM
It's nice to be able to attack without using MP. Auto attacking for 250-300 range and rarely missing is pretty useful.