ok for 4 year old son?

#31stop3Posted 1/26/2013 7:31:57 AM
My 5 year old has been watching me and his older brother play the game and there hasn't been anything that scared him yet. The White Witch looks a little creepy I guess, but it hasn't bothered him.
#32boring_namePosted 1/26/2013 7:33:53 AM
Nophoria88 posted...
Well as long as you put it on easy mode I think it would be fine since there is a marker on the map to show where to go next, you'd just have to teach him how to play a bit. The mother dying isn't graphic.

You realize four year olds can't read or can barely read, right?
#33mecha_mkIIPosted 1/26/2013 7:39:47 AM
This makes me remember how some review recommended Eternal Sonata for kids. The game was hard as balls. It didn't give much room for error and none in the new game+.
#34Omegatron_Posted 1/26/2013 7:39:54 AM
boring_name posted...
Nophoria88 posted...
Well as long as you put it on easy mode I think it would be fine since there is a marker on the map to show where to go next, you'd just have to teach him how to play a bit. The mother dying isn't graphic.

You realize what you just said is an assumption, and not actual fact right?
#35ajmrowlandPosted 1/26/2013 7:41:36 AM
Somebpdy here said already he could read at that age. I was relatively self taught at 5 myself.
#36boring_namePosted 1/26/2013 7:42:21 AM
Omegatron_ posted...
boring_name posted...
Nophoria88 posted...

Um no, child development is well documented so...
#37godslayer61Posted 1/26/2013 7:45:40 AM
stekim40 posted...
4 years old is too young to be playing this or any video game.

a recent study suggests that to aid development its best to keep them off games until they are 5-6. tbh I think 4 is far far too young, give him/her a colouring book and a set of felt tips. happy for hours :)

get a life,i know turn on the 6 o clock news and let him watch that.he should be fine as long as your a good parent and teach him whats right and wrong.When i was 4 i was watching children of the corn and zombies but i grew up normal because i was taught it was fake and it was a form of entertainment.Also recent studys are full of it 25 years ago recent studies said if you listend to heavymetal you would grow up a pot head and a criminal.You do what you think is ok and teach your son that its all fake and dont base your life on studies that change every 2 years.
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-077730466718
#38boring_namePosted 1/26/2013 7:50:03 AM
godslayer61 posted...
stekim40 posted...
4 years old is too young to be playing this or any video game.

a recent study suggests that to aid development its best to keep them off games until they are 5-6. tbh I think 4 is far far too young, give him/her a colouring book and a set of felt tips. happy for hours :)

get a life,i know turn on the 6 o clock news and let him watch that.he should be fine as long as your a good parent and teach him whats right and wrong.When i was 4 i was watching children of the corn and zombies but i grew up normal because i was taught it was fake and it was a form of entertainment.Also recent studys are full of it 25 years ago recent studies said if you listend to heavymetal you would grow up a pot head and a criminal.You do what you think is ok and teach your son that its all fake and dont base your life on studies that change every 2 years.

Yes, you've told someone to "get a life" for simply giving sincere advice backed up by information, clearly you've grown up quite normal.
#39Omegatron_Posted 1/26/2013 7:52:34 AM
boring_name posted...
Omegatron_ posted...
boring_name posted...
Nophoria88 posted...

Show me your documentation on this man's four year old. There are plenty of children reading at or before four years old.
#40boring_namePosted 1/26/2013 7:55:05 AM
Omegatron_ posted...
boring_name posted...
Omegatron_ posted...
boring_name posted...
Nophoria88 posted...

Show me your documentation on this man's four year old. There are plenty of children reading at or before four years old.

Are you serious? Do you really think I'm referring to this man's child specifically? Of course there are exceptions, but even children outside of the norm for this age are not, typically, so far out of the norm as to be able to easily read large amounts of text such as those presented in this game.