ok for 4 year old son?

#41ajmrowlandPosted 1/26/2013 7:56:41 AM
This. People cant make assumptions and generalisations bout kids these days without looking ignorant. Its all individual. Like saying an 18yo cant control their hormones or something like that. I know a couple who can do that better than most adults.
#42boring_namePosted 1/26/2013 8:00:54 AM
ajmrowland posted...
This. People cant make assumptions and generalisations bout kids these days without looking ignorant. Its all individual. Like saying an 18yo cant control their hormones or something like that. I know a couple who can do that better than most adults.

Yes you can make, reasonable, assumptions when it comes to child development.

An extreme, but pertinent, example would be assuming a person's 3 month old can't talk.
#43Omegatron_Posted 1/26/2013 8:04:30 AM(edited)
This topic is clearly about an individual four year old. Broad statements about other four year olds are completely irrelevant.
#44zhaoyun99Posted 1/26/2013 8:03:48 AM
I know that from the youtube channel, there was someone who teach and coach their kid (5-7 yrs) how to play Chrono Cross and that was pretty baddass think to do. This game is no exception. Teach your kids the greatness of JRPG.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#45Omegatron_Posted 1/26/2013 8:03:52 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#46Nophoria88Posted 1/26/2013 8:06:27 AM
boring_name posted...
Nophoria88 posted...
Well as long as you put it on easy mode I think it would be fine since there is a marker on the map to show where to go next, you'd just have to teach him how to play a bit. The mother dying isn't graphic.

You realize four year olds can't read or can barely read, right?

I don't recall him asking if the game was too text heavy for a child who presumably cannot read.
#47boring_namePosted 1/26/2013 8:08:58 AM
Omegatron_ posted...
This topic is clearly about an individual four year old. Broad statements about other four year olds are completely irrelevant.

If he says his child can read at a high level with ease then fine, but people should keep in mind that it would be very unusual for a child of four to be able to get through this game on their own or even with help if that help were minimal.
#48FlakmanPosted 1/26/2013 8:15:48 AM
The is a strong reference to the mother being a prostitute and/or drugdealer.

Read my theory here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/998014-ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/65260283
---
We live to die.
We Die to become memories. - We become memories only to be forgotten.
#49UltraMarcusPosted 1/26/2013 8:17:57 AM
Your 4 year old will never beat it or get out of the first chapter, but of course it's appropriate.
---
"You're scared of being insulted on the internet by a guy who goes to work in his underwear?" - Sniper_Extreme
https://twitter.com/Ultramarcusaway
#50RuneMaster no2Posted 1/26/2013 8:25:42 AM
4 year olds can barely speak properly. They don't have the critical thinking ability to play this game, or understand what's going on and where to go next. Simple fact.
---
One decade on Gfaqs and counting.