ok for 4 year old son?

#91apacke09(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 1:01:14 PM
A lot of you have addressed my concerns enough that I'm comfortable with it. I am not trying to shelter him or shield him from the concept of death or any of that kind of nonsense, we've talked about death on various occasions in an age appropriate way already anyway. I simply don't want to expose him to anything that he's not emotionally ready to handle or would be too inappropriate for him and the ESRB rated this E10+, so I wanted to ask around about it.

I think most people would agree that Mario is fine for a four year old and the Walking Dead is not, but many games are not so clear cut. Sometimes it takes some effort to determine if a particular game is appropriate for your own child at their current age.

Many have addressed the difficulty a child of that age would have playing this game on their own, and I appreciate the input, but that's not really applicable in this situation.
#92KratierPosted 1/26/2013 1:02:55 PM
DUDE WE DONT NEED YOUR LIFE STORY

you asked a 1 line question and its now a 10 page discussion , its really just common sense you should have applied when considering to purchase this game int he first place

take some parenting classes or something
#93GenpreyPosted 1/26/2013 1:12:23 PM
The gameplay seems more geared toward older kids and up, but as far as story goes, nothing is really inappropriate. A few suggestive references here and there, but nothing that would scar or even noticed by a 4-year-old.
---
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/np5/blaz-cs/makoton-c1.gif http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/917/tumblrm6jxafbskw1qalg6o.gif
#94terminal21Posted 1/26/2013 1:23:06 PM
Kratier posted...
DUDE WE DONT NEED YOUR LIFE STORY

you asked a 1 line question and its now a 10 page discussion , its really just common sense you should have applied when considering to purchase this game int he first place

take some parenting classes or something

10 pages of people giving advice. Clearly they didn't have a problem with it.

Don't be such a turd.
#95monsterlord-18Posted 1/26/2013 1:25:28 PM
it's like the Lego games. fun and friendly for kids.
#96heartlessprinnyPosted 1/26/2013 1:29:19 PM
Just thought I'd say, there is some minor cursing. I don't now how you feel about that. Damn has been said at least 6 or so times (mostly by the same character) hell has been said a few times too. I don't know how you feel about those words, so I figured I'd point that out.
#97ajmrowland1Posted 1/26/2013 1:32:35 PM
but flippin' heck has been said the most by far.
#98TomnaPosted 1/26/2013 1:54:03 PM
Cute, makes me wish I had a kid to play with... But I don't have that many exp points to take care of a kid. But I'd say he'll have to learn about death eventually might as well be in this awesome game. Haha.

Drippy does say the F word a whole lot on th game though.

You could read the subtitles to him in English and play it in Japanese... Maybe that will even help him understand two languages
#99NaitoOkamiPosted 1/26/2013 2:19:24 PM
The people who call this game "kiddy" are the people who dont actually play the game and just judge it based on videos and info from the net. Having a child for the main character doesn't automatically make it a game for kids. Some of the events in the story can be pretty serious. I personally wouldn't let a 4 year old play this. Of course, I'm also the kind of person who thinks parents who buy T or higher rated games for their 12 or younger year olds should be slapped.
#100GodSlayer66Posted 1/26/2013 2:21:17 PM
Flakman posted...
The is a strong reference to the mother being a prostitute and/or drugdealer.

Read my theory here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/998014-ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/65260283

So what happened to your theory?
---
This post is now 20% cooler.