level 5 > square enix???

#1cruel_deathPosted 1/26/2013 9:03:16 PM
i was listening to invisible walls on gametrailers and they had a segment about level 5 being better then square enix simply because of the time and effort level 5 put into ni no kuni and the way too much time square enix puts into the final fantasy franchise, especially compared to final fantasy 13. i cant really argue because i'm a huge fan of level 5 but haven't really played the final fantasy series. Does anyone else agree with this?
#2shadowhippo1986Posted 1/26/2013 9:04:51 PM
yes!! after the original creator left square enix has steadily been going downhill
#3keybladeXIIIPosted 1/26/2013 9:06:17 PM
Currently, yes. Of all time, not even close.
But SE is likely to wake up after the success of games like this one and stop with the whole Lightning Returns and the All the Bravest (or all the money) crap they've been working on. They really need to cut the crap and the fans have got to stop supporting games like those.
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and now a Wii U!
#4swordfish292Posted 1/26/2013 9:12:35 PM
Have you ever played Dark knight Chronicles. Im very leanent when i play games so i finished it and thought it was okay. But i can see how many people would think it sucks. Leval 5 games in the past havent been that good. They struck gold here but only here so far. Im hoping that they continue to make more games like this but so far its to soon to say leval 5 is better then square.
---
SwordfishII
#5puppyPosted 1/26/2013 9:14:35 PM
Dark Cloud 2 was one of my favorite games of all time. Level 5 is most definitely my newest fav developer.
---
You look under puppy's message.
You find a potion!
#6ZetgobPosted 1/26/2013 9:16:00 PM
But SE is likely to wake up after the success of games like this one and stop with the whole Lightning Returns and the All the Bravest (or all the money) crap they've been working on. .

Good one.

NNK sold horribly in Japan, and even if it does well here (which it seems to be) you're kidding yourself if you think it will ever reach FF numbers. You want to know why we are getting Lightning Returns? Because despite what random people on the internet have to say, both XIII and XIII-2 sold millions of units and was fairly well received by critics (not quite as well as past FFs or even NHK, but still better than most JRPGs could hope for)
#7jo_sean06Posted 1/26/2013 9:18:02 PM
I've got to disagree

Square has the tenure and pedigree of great games, not to mention they have made a huge impact with their history.

Level-5 unfortunately, is not a household name, but in the gaming world they are known as a great developer.

And hey Level-5 did create DQVIII which was published by SE.

I can name a few great games from L5, but I could name double that for SE.
---
Currently playing: Ni no Kuni (9/10!) Anticipating: Type-0, Xillia
#8RevolutionZealPosted 1/26/2013 9:21:52 PM
keybladeXIII posted...
Currently, yes. Of all time, not even close.
But SE is likely to wake up after the success of games like this one and stop with the whole Lightning Returns and the All the Bravest (or all the money) crap they've been working on. They really need to cut the crap and the fans have got to stop supporting games like those.

Yeah, but they're making a lot of money from the sheep regardless, then they'll keep doing stuff like this... while we have to keep dreaming of quality games like the past.

Not to say the current JRPG's (well FF's to be specific) are super extremely terrifyingly terrible, but it's not even close to what it used to be. :/
#9hyperknees91Posted 1/26/2013 9:21:52 PM
When they start developing anywhere near the amount of games square-enix has...then we'll talk.
---
JUS FC 2019-5866-6015
Brawl FC 3823-8182-8990
#10ztarfishezPosted 1/26/2013 9:27:40 PM
Level 5 is definitely an up and comer I think. Square Enix currently is kind of mindless. FFXIII-2 was an absolute joke and like one of the worst games I've ever played. FFXIII I loved at first but on replaying it's not really worth it for anything but the characters.
---
Love and Hate
Are rike two brother who go on a date.