level 5 > square enix???

#101jjg737Posted 1/27/2013 8:42:30 AM
I've always loved them both, but yeah I'd say level 5 is better then SE for the JRPG genre. Ever since the main dude left it just hasn't been the same, the last game he worked on was FF12 and that's the last one I consider to be a true FF game. By no means is SE bad nowadays but their JRPG games are lacking in quality for sure.
#102RPG maniac87Posted 1/27/2013 8:46:47 AM
SE is more consistent for me.
Final Fantasy- Loved all but 2, 4, and 12.
Kingdom Hearts- Loved all but coded

Level-5
Dark Cloud- Loved both of them
Dragon Quest 8- Hated
Rogue Galaxy- Decent
Jeanne d'Arc- Loved
WKC- Decent
NNK- Good, not great.
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)
#103A1RollerRagerPosted 1/27/2013 8:46:53 AM
I love Level 5. They have made some great games over the last 10 years or so. Dark Cloud 1 and 2, Dragon Quest VIII, Rogue Galaxy (very underrated), and Professor Layton. Even one of their cancelled games, True Fantasy Online, looked like it would have been an amazing game. I have not played this game but I'm sure I'd like it.
#104-BrokenSpiral-Posted 1/27/2013 9:21:57 AM
swordfish292 posted...
Have you ever played Dark knight Chronicles. Im very leanent when i play games so i finished it and thought it was okay. But i can see how many people would think it sucks. Leval 5 games in the past havent been that good. They struck gold here but only here so far. Im hoping that they continue to make more games like this but so far its to soon to say leval 5 is better then square.

Dragon Quest VIII and Dark Cloud 2 were amazing.
#105CTBradumsPosted 1/27/2013 9:28:20 AM
keybladeXIII posted...
Currently, yes. Of all time, not even close.
But SE is likely to wake up after the success of games like this one and stop with the whole Lightning Returns and the All the Bravest (or all the money) crap they've been working on. They really need to cut the crap and the fans have got to stop supporting games like those.

This.

There was a reason that the group Square had was nicknamed the "Dream Team". Since that group parted ways, Square-Enix has been on a huge downhill slope. They're more devoted to sequels and remakes than quality titles, and they're too concerned with mobile OS cash grabs like the aforementioned "All the Bravest", which is by all means a slap in the face to FF fans.

I don't think they'll ever be on par with their former glory days, but I'm hoping that Square-Enix can at least pull their heads out of their bank accounts and make a quality game.
#106AldathPosted 1/27/2013 9:46:06 AM
CTBradums posted...
keybladeXIII posted...
Currently, yes. Of all time, not even close.
But SE is likely to wake up after the success of games like this one and stop with the whole Lightning Returns and the All the Bravest (or all the money) crap they've been working on. They really need to cut the crap and the fans have got to stop supporting games like those.

This.

There was a reason that the group Square had was nicknamed the "Dream Team". Since that group parted ways, Square-Enix has been on a huge downhill slope. They're more devoted to sequels and remakes than quality titles, and they're too concerned with mobile OS cash grabs like the aforementioned "All the Bravest", which is by all means a slap in the face to FF fans.

I don't think they'll ever be on par with their former glory days, but I'm hoping that Square-Enix can at least pull their heads out of their bank accounts and make a quality game.

You fogot to add how they completely ditched the American/European localization of Type-0, which seems to have received some pretty good reviews, even higher scores than FFXIII and FFXIII-2.

Something you gys said and it's the absolute truth, is that we should stop supporting new SE creations... Why to buy something it's not high quality? To buy something we weren't asking for? It's both laughable and sad to see people claim they're pushing Lightning down our troaths, and yet, they're the first ones to buy it claiming "it's worth it for the characters", "it's still a Final Fantasy", "it's not bad", and then come here and complain as well.

SHAME :D
---
"imagine if Metallica got together with the Power Rangers and the coolest kids in school and had a party in your mouth, and you were invited" THE_WIND
#107ZyenuPosted 1/27/2013 9:47:38 AM
i agree final fantasy stoped being fun after Final fantasy X
#108MakJussPosted 1/27/2013 10:09:43 AM
A1RollerRager posted...
I love Level 5. They have made some great games over the last 10 years or so. Dark Cloud 1 and 2, Dragon Quest VIII, Rogue Galaxy (very underrated), and Professor Layton. Even one of their cancelled games, True Fantasy Online, looked like it would have been an amazing game. I have not played this game but I'm sure I'd like it.

FYI , that game gonna released on 3DS soon.

Microsoft ask L5 to make MMORPG on XBOX and the project stopped halfway. L5 continue the project and change it to normal console game where they going to release it on DS. Then 3DS come in and they prepare this for 3DS game.

This new game is much like DC sequel from what I heard. Lots of job , battle and non battle (like chef , fisher , etc)
#109asam1992Posted 1/27/2013 10:33:45 AM
why no one talk about inazuma eleven... i mean level 5 make it right?
#110Sega9599Posted 1/27/2013 10:38:51 AM
lolchops posted...
I agree, at this point I'll buy a Level 5 game almost without hesitation. That's the way it used to be with Squaresoft, but after the merger it's gone downhill. I'm really not sure how a merger of two of the greatest RPG companies could have had such dismal results.

I cannot think of a single RPG squenix have produced since the merger that I would consider anywhere near classic status. FFXII was decent, but I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. FFXIII was a slap in the face for fans. I'm not adverse to change, I gave it a chance, but the game literally made me depressed.

I will give them credit for the FFT PSP edition, Just Cause 2, and especially Deus Ex Human Revolution. DE: HR in particular was fantastic IMO. But in terms of RPGs, my future expectations are very low at the moment. I just hope they listen to the fans for FFXV, but I think they'll probably pull another Capcom and continue to denigrate their own legacy.

Valkyrie Profile 2 was very good. And what was wrong with FFT for the DS?
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.