level 5 > square enix???

#111rpglover13Posted 1/27/2013 11:49:14 AM
SE has been in a bit of a rut, but I think it's more of that they just haven't found their place in this new gen of gamers(when I say gen I don't mean console gen, I mean the time). In a time when gaming is mostly multi-player shooters and online, yada, yada, and action fighters, the RPG itself is having to be redefined. I think SE is just a little lost with conforming to this new style of gaming while still trying to remain unique, but I think they will find it soon and come out of this rut. Kingdom Hearts actually has done a good job making combat system adjustments and I think FF should try to adapt some of that battle system(which from the little info we have of Versus, it supposedly is adopting the KH battle system).
#112SirWaWaPosted 1/27/2013 12:26:53 PM
just like most japanese companies there living off there legacy greatness and brand name...
fast forward to current, not living up to there former quality
#113UnderratedGamerPosted 1/27/2013 8:14:49 PM
adibicci posted...
*in before vanilehopen*

at least level 5 can name their games wqith new names instead of just adding numbers. they also take more risk with new ips.

This. Ridiculous FFXIII fanbot that hates good games.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#114Zelos_ZensationPosted 1/27/2013 8:18:56 PM
snakbar posted...
Historically Square and Enix were both amazing companies. then you know this happened

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5FTJxfV3pc

The best game of all time? Yeah that was definitely a plus for Square Enix.
---
http://followmy.tv/u/Zelos
#115PickleChickPosted 1/27/2013 9:01:57 PM
Since Squaresoft became Square-Enix they've lost me almost entirely. No interest in the crap they're churning out now. Level 5 on the other hand is impressive and have been growing as a developer.
---
I'm going to go fondle my sweaters. ~ Gene
#116IndigoIcePosted 1/27/2013 9:10:45 PM
I don't know about level-5 because I never heard of it before.

But I agree with you on Square Enix.

Square Enix seems to make games from the "name" instead of effort.

If FFXIII-2 and the rest were made in different titles, would people still play them?

No. People play them only because they carry the Final Fantasy name.

Final Fantasy died after 10.
#117VanilleHopenPosted 1/27/2013 9:13:30 PM
IndigoIce posted...
I don't know about level-5 because I never heard of it before.

But I agree with you on Square Enix.

Square Enix seems to make games from the "name" instead of effort.

If FFXIII-2 and the rest were made in different titles, would people still play them?

No. People play them only because they carry the Final Fantasy name.

Final Fantasy died after 10.

would as many people play them.. no, but dont blame final fantasy for being popular.. they earned that title for making amazing games for 20+ years..

but I guarntee you ffxiii-2 would of gotten more respect from the internet community if it DIDN'T have final fantasy in the title..
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#118Dreaded_FatePosted 1/27/2013 9:21:25 PM
The only people who don't agree are ignorant Final Fantasy fans like VanilleHopen who enjoy melodrama and cookie cutter characters and can't bring themselves to admit that FF is a shell of its former self and SE Is full of talentless hacks who have a hard on for a pixelated character named Lightning, who could not be more duller than a stack of bricks.

I hope SE goes bankrupt and FF goes to a more competent developer because they sure as hell aren't. Heck, just let it disappear. The horse has been beaten enough that you might as well let it die.
#119VanilleHopenPosted 1/27/2013 9:23:33 PM
Dreaded_Fate posted...
The only people who don't agree are ignorant Final Fantasy fans like VanilleHopen who enjoy melodrama and cookie cutter characters and can't bring themselves to admit that FF is a shell of its former self and SE Is full of talentless hacks who have a hard on for a pixelated character named Lightning, who could not be more duller than a stack of bricks.

I hope SE goes bankrupt and FF goes to a more competent developer because they sure as hell aren't. Heck, just let it disappear. The horse has been beaten enough that you might as well let it die.

x, xii, and xiii were the three best final fantasy's in the series... XII and XIII were square enix games so...... they seem to be evolving and stronger than ever.. certainly they are much better than when they started with final fantasy 1 :)
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#120jungledeevaPosted 1/27/2013 9:27:44 PM
this is a stupid question, Square enix has 10 times as many games as level 5.....
---
Best Friend Tabitha's best friend.
My baby girl was born January 8th 2012!! She is amazing <3