level 5 > square enix???

#121Dreaded_FatePosted 1/27/2013 9:36:55 PM
VanilleHopen posted...
Dreaded_Fate posted...
The only people who don't agree are ignorant Final Fantasy fans like VanilleHopen who enjoy melodrama and cookie cutter characters and can't bring themselves to admit that FF is a shell of its former self and SE Is full of talentless hacks who have a hard on for a pixelated character named Lightning, who could not be more duller than a stack of bricks.

I hope SE goes bankrupt and FF goes to a more competent developer because they sure as hell aren't. Heck, just let it disappear. The horse has been beaten enough that you might as well let it die.

x, xii, and xiii were the three best final fantasy's in the series... XII and XIII were square enix games so...... they seem to be evolving and stronger than ever.. certainly they are much better than when they started with final fantasy 1 :)

And you just proved you have bad taste in games. So you feel the need to troll actual games like Ni No Kuni because it does everything better than Final Fantasy Crapteen and its overabundance of bastardization toward the FF and JRPG name.
#122VanilleHopenPosted 1/27/2013 9:39:08 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#123Dreaded_FatePosted 1/27/2013 9:41:23 PM
VanilleHopen posted...
Dreaded_Fate posted...
VanilleHopen posted...
Dreaded_Fate posted...
The only people who don't agree are ignorant Final Fantasy fans like VanilleHopen who enjoy melodrama and cookie cutter characters and can't bring themselves to admit that FF is a shell of its former self and SE Is full of talentless hacks who have a hard on for a pixelated character named Lightning, who could not be more duller than a stack of bricks.

I hope SE goes bankrupt and FF goes to a more competent developer because they sure as hell aren't. Heck, just let it disappear. The horse has been beaten enough that you might as well let it die.

x, xii, and xiii were the three best final fantasy's in the series... XII and XIII were square enix games so...... they seem to be evolving and stronger than ever.. certainly they are much better than when they started with final fantasy 1 :)

And you just proved you have bad taste in games. So you feel the need to troll actual games like Ni No Kuni because it does everything better than Final Fantasy Crapteen and its overabundance of bastardization toward the FF and JRPG name.

ya too bad ni no kuni isn't co op or you could play online with my 5 year old sister and fight the big bad wolfs with your stuffed animal critters... stay fresh homie..

I'm 32 years old and your disgusting post just proved to me that you are the epitome of an FF fan: self centered and obnoxious.

Go back to crying over Vanille and Hope.
#124EurAsianGirlPosted 1/27/2013 10:04:01 PM
Neither, GameArts aka the original team behind the Grandia and Lunar series blows them both out of the water!

But since that team doesn't seem to exist anymore... I'll say Falcom blows them both out of the water! Hell, even Tales studio!

.....But if I HAD to pick between these two...

Well, Square was good before when it was just Squaresoft, but since becoming Square-Enix the only good mainline game they've made has been Kingdom Hearts 2, and that's only mostly cause its Nomura's project and he's been around since the Square-soft days too, basically doing his own thing.

With Level 5, the only games I'm remotely interested in are Ni No Kuni and Jeanne'De'Arc. Both WKC sucked bad, the first Dark Cloud was pretty broken and I suppose the second Dark Cloud was good but its not my kind of game. Same with Professor Layton and Izanuma Eleven. Dragon Quest VIII I also found to be mediocre all around...

Honestly, Level 5 has really good presentation and RPG mechanics but their stories and characterization are usually quite bland... Not to say Squenix is better of course...

I guess where it stands now, Level 5 is better because they've made TWO main-line games that I've enjoyed instead of just 1, also at least they're able to stick to the old-school JRPG interface and feel no need to "change it up."

However, before the merger. Squaresoft >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Level 5
---
JRPG lover and not ashamed of it
Avid fan of the Grandia and Lunar series.
#125-BrokenSpiral-Posted 1/27/2013 10:23:47 PM
EurAsianGirl posted...
I'll say Falcom blows them both out of the water!

I like you.
#126EurAsianGirlPosted 1/27/2013 10:39:27 PM
-BrokenSpiral- posted...
EurAsianGirl posted...
I'll say Falcom blows them both out of the water!

I like you.

>w> Awww thanks! I take it you agree?
---
#127-BrokenSpiral-Posted 1/27/2013 10:43:40 PM
EurAsianGirl posted...
>w> Awww thanks! I take it you agree?

Yes.
#128HenryKazukaPosted 1/28/2013 1:30:57 AM
lolchops posted...
I cannot think of a single RPG squenix have produced since the merger that I would consider anywhere near classic status. FFXII was decent, but I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. FFXIII was a slap in the face for fans. I'm not adverse to change, I gave it a chance, but the game literally made me depressed.

I can only think of one: The World Ends With You.
---
Persona! *blows his head off*
#129TalesRevenantPosted 1/28/2013 1:33:08 AM
Square Enix has been irrelevant since PS2.

Level 5 + Atlus + Mistwalker + Monolithsoft + Tales Studio are the new combined Square- Enix.
#130EurAsianGirlPosted 1/28/2013 1:37:43 AM
TalesRevanant posted...
Square Enix has been irrelevant since PS2.

Level 5 + Atlus + Mistwalker + Monolithsoft + Tales Studio are the new combined Square- Enix.

What about Falcom? D:
---