level 5 > square enix???

#21ztarfishezPosted 1/26/2013 11:02:34 PM
literally the only things I ever get excited for from Squeenix are the remakes. The DQ remakes for DS are fantastic and I'm so so SO excited for the DQ7 remake on the 3DS. Other than that I've just kinda lost faith.
---
Love and Hate
Are rike two brother who go on a date.
#22the_requiemPosted 1/26/2013 11:05:48 PM
keybladeXIII posted...
Currently, yes. Of all time, not even close.
But SE is likely to wake up after the success of games like this one and stop with the whole Lightning Returns and the All the Bravest (or all the money) crap they've been working on. They really need to cut the crap and the fans have got to stop supporting games like those.

OR...

SE will see that even with all that extra effort put into NKN it couldn't beat FFXIII numbers and realize that it is not worth spending all that extra resources when Final Fantasy brand recognition alone will net them millions.

Of course, a day will come when the generation of gamers that hold FF dear will be taken over by newer gamers who would never know why FF was such a big deal and FF brand recognition will fade away. Level5 will the SE for them.
---
[PSN:wreck_em]
Borderlands 2: Maya-10, Zero-50, Axton-25, Sal-50
#23DrakillionPosted 1/26/2013 11:13:10 PM
Hmmm....

Give me a good sequel to Dark Cloud 2/ Dark Chronicle or Rogue Galaxy and I'll consider the thought with the release of Ni No Kuni, Level 5 is picking up steam!
---
---
"Dating Yukari Takeba is, like, the closest thing to dating Michelle Ruff, so I don't see the reason why not."- My brother XD
#24badboyPosted 1/26/2013 11:21:03 PM
I don't hate Square Enix but yes I think Level-5 is the best JRPG developer in the past few years.
#25kamikaze135Posted 1/26/2013 11:22:15 PM
I wouldn't go that far. They made some amazing RPG games, but I feel that SE made better ones. Plus, they made WKC this gen and those games were pretty bad.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#26find no fan tar seaPosted 1/26/2013 11:27:01 PM
As a long time loyal ff fans. It pains me to say the qualiity of ff isn't what it used to be. Square Enix is a hot mess. I have lost all respect for them when they approved the trash that is ff:all the bravest, clearly they think us ff fans are blind, deaf and dumb. I was planning to get ff14:ARR, now the only thing they're getting from me is the middle finger.
---
IF you like JRPG or Pokemon, go do youself a favor and play Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#27MoegittoPosted 1/26/2013 11:29:38 PM
Squaresoft made good RPG's, Squarenix is making garbage right now. There can literally be no argument there, people are literally telling them VERBATIM how to take their money and Squarenix is sitting there trying to cash out on FFXIII. With their recent decision making skills I have little hope of seeing FFX HD hit american shores, considering FF Type-0 literally had a English script they said there wasn't a profitable market to port it outside of Japan. Sounds like Capcom to me. Seriously, people are saying just make a HD port of FFVII without adding anything to it and they will pay $60 for it, I'm not saying I would buy it but the proof is in the pudding...
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#28MandorinPosted 1/27/2013 12:53:12 AM
Square Enix is what happens when two great companies combine powers to form Captain Planet...and end up with Barney the Dinosaur instead. That said, I enjoy the remakes of games they released when they were still a separate entity.
#29VanilleHopenPosted 1/27/2013 1:15:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#30FlareKnightsPosted 1/27/2013 1:22:10 AM
VanilleHopen posted...
um no... lol.. nobody even knows who level 5 is... Have you seen the reviews for White Knight Chronicles???Horrible game..

Square Enix is the king of jrpgs always have been always will be.... look at ffxiii's sales look at ni no kunis, need i say more?

Square Enix makes life changing game after life changing game... Level 5 makes kute liwtle kids art someone can enjoy for a weekend then throw in their closet to never play again.

Yeah, if by life changing game you mean garbage you throw into the trash.

SE being the King of JRPGs is like a puppet ruler sitting on a throne. They may still be sitting on that throne, but nobody cares about them.

At this moment Level 5 is certainly ahead of SE, because they can actually make good games. Right now all SE can do is continue shoveling out FFXIII and cashing in on brand. If we're talking about substance it's not even close.
---
"Many think that courage is power. Real courage is when you surpass your own desires to protect something dear.." Dan, Wild Arms
PSN:FlareKnights