level 5 > square enix???

#31MandorinPosted 1/27/2013 1:22:49 AM
FF13 was a good game.

It was a horrible excuse for a Final Fantasy.
#32VanilleHopenPosted 1/27/2013 1:23:49 AM
furthermore it isn't fair to compare the 2..

One has very low standards and can make a subpar game (like NNK) and get rave reviews..

One has such a great body of work under it's bel and revolutionized a genre for over 2 decades and has gotten to the point where they have impossible standards to live up to because the gamers now expect WAYYYY TOO much from them....

Could you imagine if NNK had the name final fantasy in it's title? If you think it would of gotten the same praise it's has gotten you are out of your fricking mind..
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#33xio323Posted 1/27/2013 1:26:38 AM
VanilleHopen posted...
um no... lol.. nobody even knows who level 5 is... Have you seen the reviews for White Knight Chronicles???Horrible game..

Square Enix is the king of jrpgs always have been always will be.... look at ffxiii's sales look at ni no kunis, need i say more?

Square Enix makes life changing game after life changing game... Level 5 makes kute liwtle kids art someone can enjoy for a weekend then throw in their closet to never play again.

i love the final fantasy series, but square's games aren't as impressive as they used to be. i mean, they're good, but i think level 5 has made things i've enjoyed much more. aside from the white knight chronicles series because those were utterly disappointing for level 5, the dark cloud series, rogue galaxy and dragon quest 8 were amongst the best games i've ever played.
#34VanilleHopenPosted 1/27/2013 1:28:27 AM
Mandorin posted...
FF13 was a good game.

thankyou for proving my point... This is what im talking about.. The difference between level 5 and Square Enix isn't game quality but expectations... People expect final fantasy to be this and that and this and that and this and that... and if it is not all those things than OMG ITZ AWFUL OMG IT SUCKS SQAURE ENIX HAS LOST TOUCH....

meanwhile level 5 can pop out some little childs game with a little boy with a stuffed animal and get the gaming community solidly behind them.. I

magine if final fantasy had a little boy with a stuffed animal in a cartoonish world as one of their man titles... yep sure that would go over well for them with their harsh/unfair critics....
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#35sirspankyjncoPosted 1/27/2013 1:33:31 AM
cruel_death posted...
i was listening to invisible walls on gametrailers and they had a segment about level 5 being better then square enix simply because of the time and effort level 5 put into ni no kuni and the way too much time square enix puts into the final fantasy franchise, especially compared to final fantasy 13. i cant really argue because i'm a huge fan of level 5 but haven't really played the final fantasy series. Does anyone else agree with this?

The time and effort into 1 game by Level 5

is better than...

Way too much time in a franchise

So apparently putting a lot of time into a game is good for this game... but putting a lot of time into another game is bad also by your point... I'm confused.

Final Fantasy is just dogged on so much because people expect it to be the goliath of RPGS and have their expectations way too high, and are living in a nastolgic (sp?) past.

If FF7 was released right now... first time ever, people would find some way to complain. It has become too mainstream and will always be downed. People go to forums to complain more than they do to say "I really enjoyed this game". You go check out the boards of games you think are bad and post more than you check on games you played years ago and thought were good and post "I really enjoyed this game".

I think the Final Fantasy series story has been going down a bit over the past 2 (FF12 and FF13 series), but the gameplay of FF13 was amazing, how in depth you could get with your play style was also a huge plus. The story was good, great even, but not what I would have expected from the previous series... however, if I had never played any final fantasy, nor heard of it, I would have been just as impressed as I was this time.
---
Ive had both an Xbox 360 and PS3 break, there are no superior consoles, except N64, that was pretty sweet.
#36johnbleuPosted 1/27/2013 1:35:55 AM
VanilleHopen posted...
Mandorin posted...
FF13 was a good game.

thankyou for proving my point... This is what im talking about.. The difference between level 5 and Square Enix isn't game quality but expectations... People expect final fantasy to be this and that and this and that and this and that... and if it is not all those things than OMG ITZ AWFUL OMG IT SUCKS SQAURE ENIX HAS LOST TOUCH....

meanwhile level 5 can pop out some little childs game with a little boy with a stuffed animal and get the gaming community solidly behind them.. I

magine if final fantasy had a little boy with a stuffed animal in a cartoonish world as one of their man titles... yep sure that would go over well for them with their harsh/unfair critics....

I actually get what you're saying and I agree with the sentiment. I think expectations for Final Fantasy games are way too high and gamers set themselves up for disappointment. In the end, a lot of people can't look past that and end up missing out on very solid games. And even though it wasn't without it's flaw,s FFXIII is a great example of this. I absolutely hate when people say "It's a great game, just not a great Final Fantasy game."

All of that said, you're entirely off base about NNK. I'm trying not to take what you're saying too seriously, since I know you haven't even played the game (and are for some reason still trolling these boards). But people aren't loving NNK because it's Not Final Fantasy. We can recognize when a lot of care and passion went into something like NNK, even though it's not perfect either.

Now in my opinion, true care and passion is probably the one major thing that's been lacking in recent FF games. SE is making fun FF games that I've been playing, but they feel more manufactured than hand crafted, especially compared to their older classics which were bursting with heart. FFIX springs to mind for me as an example of this.
---
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#37Robur1985Posted 1/27/2013 1:37:15 AM
Well Level-5 has created some awesome games (a lot of which I have been replaying lately funnily enough) but SE has DECADES of amazing games behind them. Some of the 'sellout' games listed are IMO, really good but perhaps that's because I approach all games with little to no expectations, therefore I tend to find them enjoyable for what they are....not what they could or should have been but aren't.
---
GamerTag : Robur1985
Carpe Noctum ~ Carpe Diem
#38BirdPwNz100Posted 1/27/2013 1:46:20 AM
VanilleHopen posted...
Mandorin posted...
FF13 was a good game.

Heeeeeeey gurl. Call me maybe?
---
PSN: oBirdPwNz-
#39OEIO999Posted 1/27/2013 1:52:36 AM(edited)
puppy posted...
Dark Cloud 2 was one of my favorite games of all time. Level 5 is most definitely my newest fav developer.

This, although their postponement of DC3 is grinding my gears

SE=Crapcom>EA, they are both nothing but a shell of their former selves. And new companies like level 5 and Bethesda have grown to take their spots
#40SquareenixfreakPosted 1/27/2013 1:56:31 AM
Level-5 >>> squareenix
Squaresoft > level-5
Still love both a lot, just can't live without rpg XD
---
exGT-ShadowPHOENIX1
newGT-ShadowMINDGAME1