level 5 > square enix???

#41FulvipPosted 1/27/2013 1:56:47 AM
Nope. Looking at the game's they've made, they only one's I've liked so far is the Professor Layton series and Rogue Galaxy.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore
#42AjidoMarujidoPosted 1/27/2013 2:01:30 AM
meanwhile level 5 can pop out some little childs game with a little boy with a stuffed animal and get the gaming community solidly behind them..
Imagine if final fantasy had a little boy with a stuffed animal in a cartoonish world as one of their man titles... yep sure that would go over well for them with their harsh/unfair critics....

You know what would be even worse?

If Square-Enix made a game where a kid teamed up with Mickey Mouse, traveled through Disney-themed levels, made friends with characters like Ariel and Simba, and did this all in the name of friendship.

Wow, the critics would tear a game like that apart...
---
[[Currently Playing]] -- Ni no Kuni (PS3), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Pokémon Heart Gold (DS)
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~ [[XBL - The 22nd]]
#43Marshmellow_Posted 1/27/2013 2:04:40 AM
Studio Ghibli also played a role in why Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch was so well received.

A little bit contradictory as well saying that Level 5 is better because they put more effort into a Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, and Square Enix's games not being as good because they spend to much time on a game/s such as (Final Fantasy XIII).
---
Godwin s law on memetics.
#44VanilleHopenPosted 1/27/2013 2:07:13 AM
AjidoMarujido posted...
meanwhile level 5 can pop out some little childs game with a little boy with a stuffed animal and get the gaming community solidly behind them..
Imagine if final fantasy had a little boy with a stuffed animal in a cartoonish world as one of their man titles... yep sure that would go over well for them with their harsh/unfair critics....

You know what would be even worse?

If Square-Enix made a game where a kid teamed up with Mickey Mouse, traveled through Disney-themed levels, made friends with characters like Ariel and Simba, and did this all in the name of friendship.

Wow, the critics would tear a game like that apart...

that is called kingdom hearts not final fantasy.. it's late go to bed get some sleep..
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#45Jules_McGrulesPosted 1/27/2013 2:13:47 AM
johnbleu posted...
I want a new HD Rogue Galaxy. :(

As do I. The PS2 version still looks great, though. One of the last great games for that system, imo.
#46megamanx1291Posted 1/27/2013 2:15:28 AM(edited)
If you people like Level 5, try Dragon Quest 9 for the NDS.
I enjoyed it more then this game.
---
There is a 0% chance of this happening.
3DS Fc: 0087-2393-7303
#47AjidoMarujidoPosted 1/27/2013 2:32:30 AM(edited)
that is called kingdom hearts not final fantasy.. it's late go to bed get some sleep..

Yeah, because I totally said that it was called Final Fantasy...

You criticized L5 for releasing a game that looks appealing to kids, whereas one of Square's biggest franchises has been milking Disney charactrers for what? ten years now?

Square-Enix has been peddling kid-friendly looking games for over a decade, and have gotten great reviews at times, you really think that they couldn't do something similar with Final Fantasy?
---
[[Currently Playing]] -- Ni no Kuni (PS3), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Pokémon Heart Gold (DS)
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~ [[XBL - The 22nd]]
#48ztarfishezPosted 1/27/2013 2:28:06 AM
I don't think VanilleHopen is a troll I think he's just genuinely retarded.
---
Love and Hate
Are rike two brother who go on a date.
#49VanilleHopenPosted 1/27/2013 2:32:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#50Kendei_BunsetsuPosted 1/27/2013 2:57:52 AM
Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but you can't really count the first half of the Final Fantasy series because that was Squaresoft, not SE. I can't name very many Square-Enix games I actually enjoy, but I can name several Squaresoft games I loved.

Chrono Trigger is NOT s a SE game. It's a Squaresoft game, and while there may not SEEM like a difference, I can assure you there is a very big one.

Same for FF7 and such. That being said, there's one--maybe two final fantasy games, or RPGs or games in general that SE has done that are even passable in my opinion as actual good games. The rest are meh at best. FFXIII? Worst FF I've ever played, and it keeps getting progressively worse.
---
XBL GT: Kendei
PSN: Kendei