Best Game: Ni no Kuni or One of These 16 Bit RPGs

#11Loss1010Posted 1/27/2013 4:44:53 AM
Clutch_Klutz posted...
Gramku posted...
Final Fantasy IV isn't all that great.

FF4 revolutionized JRPG. It was the first to have storytelling cutscenes.

Revolutionary games don't always hold up terribly well. However many years later, no one really gives a **** what it did; they want to know if it's actually still good or not.
---
The only thing "hardcore" people ever seem to be "hardcore" about is the intensity of their whining. ~ FruitOfTheDoom
#12dooms14Posted 1/27/2013 4:45:36 AM
What Chrono Trigger isnt in there?
#13epyon45Posted 1/27/2013 4:47:10 AM
NNK is beating FFVI...? What is this madness?!
---
Buy Ni no Kuni for great justice!
#14Clutch_KlutzPosted 1/27/2013 4:50:20 AM
Loss1010 posted...
Clutch_Klutz posted...
Gramku posted...

Revolutionary games don't always hold up terribly well. However many years later, no one really gives a **** what it did; they want to know if it's actually still good or not.

I see, but to me. It'll always be THE game that got me into JRPG with great storytelling.
I really think it holds up as through time as well. It's also go to be the JRPG with the second most remakes.
Not re-releases, remakes like the 3D DS version and the PSP HD version.
Also only JRPG popular enough to spawn a sequel 17 years later.
#15GaboadoPosted 1/27/2013 5:16:00 AM
So many RPG noobs nowadays...
#16hyperknees91Posted 1/27/2013 5:18:01 AM
Loss1010 posted...
Clutch_Klutz posted...
Gramku posted...

Secret of Mana in particular doesn't hold up well in terms of modern action rpgs. The only thing it has better than most of them is a camera haha. m
---
JUS FC 2019-5866-6015
Brawl FC 3823-8182-8990
#17SantaeidPosted 1/27/2013 5:30:07 AM
List is missing ffix.
---
If you like playing games for fun & don't care for KDR then come join my clan. Where peps like u and me can hangout and have fun. http://hobos.comze.com
#18allgdnamesrgonePosted 1/27/2013 5:31:21 AM(edited)
Clutch_Klutz posted...
Loss1010 posted...
Clutch_Klutz posted...
Gramku posted...

I see, but to me. It'll always be THE game that got me into JRPG with great storytelling.
I really think it holds up as through time as well. It's also go to be the JRPG with the second most remakes.
Not re-releases, remakes like the 3D DS version and the PSP HD version.
Also only JRPG popular enough to spawn a sequel 17 years later.

Like someone else said you're blinded by nostalgia. Also, a big reason a lot of these games get re made is they aren't so widely available on their old SNES carts so they release them for a new generation of gamers, because its like a new game to them.

But on topic, like others said can't believe CT isn't here. I do a write in for that.

Edit: IX isn't 16 bit...
#19Kefkas_RevengePosted 1/27/2013 5:36:47 AM
Am I the only one who thinks chrono trigger is slightly overrated? I mean its a classic...but out of the 16 bit era id say ff6 is better in every aspect.
#20Hackfestreturns(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 5:37:09 AM
Yeah, true about Chrono Trigger. But people that read will have seen:

I left Chrono Trigger off intentionally. I just think many (including myself) might think it's better and wanted to see how Ni no Kuni fares against other classics.

Just like the guy that said FF IX is missing from the list. That didn't fall under 16 bit RPGs
---
Next thing you know, you've been pranked. This is Jon He Does It!